• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Top 100 (Not the new list)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, last year the 49ers had 7 guys on the list.

10- Patrick Willis
17- Justin Smith
28- Frank Gore
43- Vernon Davis
67- Joe Staley
69- Carlos Rogers
85- NaVorro Bowman

Without a shadow of a doubt Colin Kaepernick and Aldon Smith will be joining most of those guys on this year's Top 100. I doubt Rogers will make it again but I so no reason for the other guys not to make it since they all still played extremely well. Crabtree might also make the list, certainly would have if he could have hauled in the game winning Super Bowl catch.

Anyway, so how high do you guys think Kaepernick and Smith will land?

Aldon Smith should easily be top 10 with his sacks, unless the popular misconception that he can't do anything without Justin prevails and mouthbreathing idiots ignore the fact that Aldon was injured and working with one shoulder that required surgery to repair in the offseason.

Kaepernick will probably be top 20, would have been top 5 with a SB win.

If Crabtree makes it I think he'll be 85-100, closer to 100.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman should move up to at least the 30s with back-to-back All-Pro status.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bowman should move up to at least the 30s with back-to-back All-Pro status.

I was being conservative with my estimate, but 30s makes sense. It depends on what the criteria is or who is compiling this list.

I know a similar list for MLB had Buster Posey at #21 out of 100, which I thought was pretty ridiculous. Apparently winning the World Series, MVP, and Comeback player of the year wasn't enough.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
10- Patrick Willis - He'll drop to the teens
17- Justin Smith - drop into the 30-40 range
28- Frank Gore - drop into 30-40s
43- Vernon Davis - drop into 50-60 range
67- Joe Staley - rise to ??
69- Carlos Rogers - off the list
85- NaVorro Bowman-move up to the 20-30 range

Iupati should join the list in the 70-80 range
Kaep in the top 40
Crabtree in the 80-90s, although I think he's the first odd man out
Aldon in top 20
They'll probably have Goldson in there too, since he was all-pro
Bruce Miller will take Kuhn's spot in the top 100 (kidding!)

That's a ton of guys in the top 100 and all of these choices seem pretty reasonable. I think they're going to have a hard time giving us over 10% of the top 100...someone like Crabtree probably won't make it considering he's got so much competition at that position.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking the 49ers would have a couple odd men out, but you never know when they put guys like Kuhn and Tebow on the list, maybe they might come to their senses and put real NFL players on it this year in their place.

Vernon Davis might not make it since he had a pretty quiet year (compared to Gronk and Graham) and I think his game-winning catch against the Saints and big game in the NFC Championship game is really what propelled him onto the list last year. He played really good in the playoffs this year but pretty quiet on the TD front with only 1 in 3 games compared to 4 last year in 2 games.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it's interesting to look back at last year's list and compare it to their 2012 performance...some things that jumped out at me:

NFL Top 100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tebow at #95 is my favorite

Polamalu, James Harrison, Ray Lewis, and Reed should all take a nose dive in their rankings

Peyton was ranked #50...where will Revis be this year?

Cam Newton at 40...do you see him on next year's list? I don't

McFadden is most likely out of top 100. No Raiders for the 2013 top 100?

My top 10 prediction (not necessarily who I'd pick myself): Rodgers, AP, Peyton, Brady, Calvin Johnson, JJ Watt, Brees, Von Miller, Matt Ryan, Aldon Smith

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is interesting to look at the old lists. Still blows my mind that Tebow and Kuhn made the list, pretty much destroys all credibility to that list when players like that make it, but the NFL really loves its fan votes. With that in mind, if the Denver fans got Tebow to 95, I'm going to go ahead and say they'll push Peyton to #1 or at least #2 if they can't beat out the common sense of Peterson at #1.

Should be interesting to see if Revis gets the Manning treatment, only play in 2 games and still make the top 50 is my guess.

I think Cam will lose out to RG3, Kaep, and Wilson, oh and Luck too.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Last year, 13 QBs made the list (12 made it the year before). The way I see it there are 13 QBs who are sure to make the list this year (no particular order):
Rodgers
Peyton
Brady
Brees
Ryan
Roethlisraper
Eli
Flacco
Romo
Kaep
Wilson
RG3
Luck

That leaves these fellas on the outside looking in:
Schaub
Rivers
Cutler
Stafford
Cam Newton
Dalton
Alex Smith?

I suspect we'll see more QBs this year because of all the new young faces, so I'm betting Schaub makes it due to team success, Stafford makes it because of his stats, I could see Dalton because of his team success, Rivers and Cutler won't get the fan support to push either of them in, while Cam Newton could get enough votes to overcome his mediocre season although it's doubtful. Although it's a stretch, could you see a scenario where Alex Smith gets enough pity votes due to his benching this past year? Non-49er fans that I've talked to always say they were shocked when he lost his job despite his great numbers/wins. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect we'll see more QBs this year because of all the new young faces, so I'm betting Schaub makes it due to team success, Stafford makes it because of his stats, I could see Dalton because of his team success, Rivers and Cutler won't get the fan support to push either of them in, while Cam Newton could get enough votes to overcome his mediocre season although it's doubtful. Although it's a stretch, could you see a scenario where Alex Smith gets enough pity votes due to his benching this past year? Non-49er fans that I've talked to always say they were shocked when he lost his job despite his great numbers/wins. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out...

I don't think Dalton nor Alex Smith will get in, regardless of team success, pity votes, or anything. I think Schaub might not make it, despite team success, but there will be some who vote in Stafford due to his yards and CJ, despite his team's lack of success. Neither Tebow nor Alex Smith deserved to be there last year, but Alex > Tebow. I can't see either making it this year. Even if they look at the "great numbers/wins," they'll see it wasn't a whole season, compare it to CK, use the game manager moniker, give the credit all to Harbaugh, etc.