• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL teams are hoping Sam test the FA Market

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not Bradford has been way more durable than Locker. Sam has played in 49 games in his first 4 years compared to 30 for Locker in his first 4 years.

Apples to Oranges Coug... Locker did not START in his rookie year (he had 5 games of mop up duty) and did not see the field until week 6 of the 2012 season. He compares more favorably to Bradford for 2013 and 2014 seasons where he has started 14 games to Bradfords 7

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not Bradford has been way more durable than Locker. Sam has played in 49 games in his first 4 years compared to 30 for Locker in his first 4 years.

Apples to Oranges Coug... Locker did not START in his rookie year (he had 5 games of mop up duty) and did not see the field until week 6 of the 2012 season. He compares more favorably to Bradford for 2013 and 2014 seasons where he has started 14 games to Bradfords 7

Well it's still their first 4 seasons in the NFL. Locker was the 8th overall pick. You Can't hold it against Sam that Locker couldn't find his way on the field his rookie year. We know what Sam did. He Started all 16 games and won ROY. Sam also played in all 16 games in 2012 and the first 7 in 2013 for 23 games in a row. Locker has never came close to that. Not to mention Lockers stats are really bad. I don't know how anyone can say that you want this guy on the Rams when Sam has completely outperformed him.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Lockers stats are really bad. I don't know how anyone can say that you want this guy on the Rams when Sam has completely outperformed him.

At the end of the day, Locker is someone who is in essentially the same position as Bradford. He needs to prove what he can do. By bringing in Locker, imo TWO things will happen. One, it will light a fire under Bradford and get him to perform better on the field and, two, it will make Locker perform better as well by lighting the same fire under him. When the competition is over, we have a better starter AND a better backup than we have had the last 2 seasons. That is my point.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Lockers stats are really bad. I don't know how anyone can say that you want this guy on the Rams when Sam has completely outperformed him.

At the end of the day, Locker is someone who is in essentially the same position as Bradford. He needs to prove what he can do. By bringing in Locker, imo TWO things will happen. One, it will light a fire under Bradford and get him to perform better on the field and, two, it will make Locker perform better as well by lighting the same fire under him. When the competition is over, we have a better starter AND a better backup than we have had the last 2 seasons. That is my point.

I agree with having a competition is always better. Sam definitely needs some more fire in him. some decent competition will help him. It just caught me offguard when I started looking at locker's stats. Yikes! I wonder if they are going to make him an offer?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just caught me offguard when I started looking at locker's stats. Yikes! I wonder if they are going to make him an offer?

Honestly, with Josh McCown on the market now, I would prefer to make an offer to him as the "competition from outside the building" first. Stable, solid if not spectacular. Would totally be ok with being the backup if Sam performs. But if not McCown, then Locker is next choice IMO

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't tell him that KS, he swears out that Bradford will land some mulit million dollar guarenteed contract and based of off what??? What team in their right mind will give a QB, a bunch of guaranteed money when the writing is on the wall. 2 bad acl injuries, a bum shoulder from college and a couple of mediocre seasons as a starter. Maybe I should put this in the vent thread but what kind of drugs are you sniffing off of Bradfords jock strap .:L

Last edited by a moderator:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the rams cut him which i doubt, I believe the next contract will be highly based on incentives with little guaranteed money.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the rams cut him which i doubt, I believe the next contract will be highly based on incentives with little guaranteed money.

Competition for his services will change that though.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't tell him that KS, he swears out that Bradford will land some mulit million dollar guarenteed contract and based of off what??? What team in their right mind will give a QB who is soft as baby shit, a bunch of guaranteed money when the writing is on the wall. 2 bad acl injuries, a bum shoulder from college and a couple of mediocre seasons as a starter. Maybe I should put this in the vent thread but what kind of drugs are you sniffing off of Bradfords jock strap .:L

It's not just me saying it lol. It's NFL reporters. That's what they are hearing from teams that need a QB. Jason cole said some teams picking high in the draft would rather take a chance on Sam then JW or MM and keep their 1st rd pick to use on another player. Say Tampa takes JW with the first pick. maybe Tenn says lets get Sam and we can still get the best Defensive player in the draft in Williams. It's a big risk at 2 if they have questions if MM can convert to a nfl QB. Has any of these great college Oregon QB's in the last years made it in the NFL?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You will be wrong on this. Even if he stays with the Rams he will still get paid.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competition for his services will change that though.

Exactly. I'm not necessary saying he deserves it but QB needy teams will pay it.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'm not necessary saying he deserves it but QB needy teams will pay it.

Yeah but the teams that are hoping Bradford is available and hoping to sign him rather than select MM or JW are doing so thinking that they will be paying Bradford on a 2 year $6M per year deal like the ones Matt Cassell or Josh McCown signed last offseason to start in Tampa and Minnesota.

The Ram's CAN'T keep Bradford on his current deal. It would be a ridiculous waste of money. The Ram's will offer Bradford a take it or leave it deal before they cut him. It's doubtful that Bradford would accept IMO because his agent will be able to squeeze out more money on the FA market and he also will be able to head to a team that has more offensive talent (and plays in a less brutal division) while he tries to improve his value and show he is a legit NFL starter. But it also is possible that Bradford takes a greatly reduced deal with the Ram's depending on how he feels about the organization (hopefully he will feel a little obligated for ripping the Ram's off for so many years now) .

But the Ram's just have so much working against them. Team's like the Jet's and Tampa are so much more attractive places to go to for a QB trying to prove his value because of the WR's corps that they have that the Ram's lack.

No team is going to hand Bradford a deal that lasts over 3 years (if he gets a deal that long it will only be to spread out a cap hit) with any significant value to it.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But scouts and GM's remember his pro day and the flashes he has shown on some very bad Ram teams. They start thinking if he's on our team we can fix him. Yes they will take a chance on his knee. He has that much talent to pass up. It's really a case of supply and demand the FA market is bad so Sam really lucked out.

Oh that's right they remember how great he looked 5 years ago! Coug, I will agree the FA market is pretty poor, but Samie has only played 2 full seasons in his last 7! Yes that's 7 years! And just an FYI, Sammie has played 49 games in his "5" years in the league, 32 of those came in two years, so his other "3" years he has played 17 games, that's not good, and I'm not so sure that's what other teams are looking for in their starting QB.

I'm not so sure about him "having" talent, I will give you at one point he "had" talent!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just me saying it lol. It's NFL reporters. That's what they are hearing from teams that need a QB. Jason cole said some teams picking high in the draft would rather take a chance on Sam then JW or MM and keep their 1st rd pick to use on another player. Say Tampa takes JW with the first pick. maybe Tenn says lets get Sam and we can still get the best Defensive player in the draft in Williams. It's a big risk at 2 if they have questions if MM can convert to a nfl QB. Has any of these great college Oregon QB's in the last years made it in the NFL?

That makes no sense at all Coug. If I'm going to take a chance on Bradford, why not just take a chance on JW or MM. Bradford has injury history, neither of these guys do, and you can work with these young QB's and possibly avoid where Sammie is now, Sammie plays like a deer in the headlights, he's gun shy and he dumps the ball off with ANY kind of pressure!

Sammie gets hurt or sucks his first year with any of these teams, then where are they? Drafting a QB next year. Sure JW and MM might get hurt or suck, but they are still only in their "first year, not their "6th" and they can still grow and learn from their first year in the league. Sammie is beyond growing!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense at all Coug. If I'm going to take a chance on Bradford, why not just take a chance on JW or MM. Bradford has injury history, neither of these guys do, and you can work with these young QB's and possibly avoid where Sammie is now, Sammie plays like a deer in the headlights, he's gun shy and he dumps the ball off with ANY kind of pressure!

Sammie gets hurt or sucks his first year with any of these teams, then where are they? Drafting a QB next year. Sure JW and MM might get hurt or suck, but they are still only in their "first year, not their "6th" and they can still grow and learn from their first year in the league. Sammie is beyond growing!

Because if you take a chance on MM or JW and they fail it will most likely cost the coach and GM his job. And they will always be tied with that pick. Both of them have a ton of questions about being able to make it in the NFL. You just don't know. Look at RG3. Sam has never "sucked" when he was on the field especially with the talent around him. Could he play better yes. And that's exactly what GM's are thinking. we probably seen Sam on the worst team possible and he did pretty good. Bottom line is he has proven himself to be an NFL quarterback on a shitty team. His only question is health but if he's cleared to play teams will pay him. That's why they consider him a safer pick.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has only proven that he cannot stay healthy, GM's lose their jobs all the time. But I'd rather take my chance on a Rookie with upside, no injury history, and a cheap salary than pay Bradford a shit load of money hoping his leg doesn't crap out. If you think its a rock and a hard place then maybe it is, but i'd take my chances on a rook who's not gun shy.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has only proven that he cannot stay healthy, GM's lose their jobs all the time. But I'd rather take my chance on a Rookie with upside, no injury history, and a cheap salary than pay Bradford a shit load of money hoping his leg doesn't crap out. If you think its a rock and a hard place then maybe it is, but i'd take my chances on a rook who's not gun shy.

I agree it's definitely a tough decision to make if you're the coach or GM. GM's lose their job all the time but I don't think they want to. Passing on a stud DE that you know will probably be playing there for the next 10 years it's a tough decision. If they pick the DE and get Bradford and Bradford gets hurt the DE would still be a good pick and make them look good. They are making millions of dollars it's job security.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if you take a chance on MM or JW and they fail it will most likely cost the coach and GM his job. And they will always be tied with that pick. Both of them have a ton of questions about being able to make it in the NFL. You just don't know. Look at RG3. Sam has never "sucked" when he was on the field especially with the talent around him. Could he play better yes. And that's exactly what GM's are thinking. we probably seen Sam on the worst team possible and he did pretty good. Bottom line is he has proven himself to be an NFL quarterback on a shitty team. His only question is health but if he's cleared to play teams will pay him. That's why they consider him a safer pick.

Again, that makes no sense either!

If you think coaches and GM's are worried about losing their jobs, wouldn't the same thing apply to taking a chance on Bradford and he fails? You're taking a chance either way, why wouldn't you take the "safer" pick as you say, based on Bradfords career the "safer" pick would be one of the rookie QB's!

You would have that rookie QB at the beginning of his NFL career and not have to "fix" any issues that someone like Bradford has developed over the years, such as being a deer in the headlights, and trying to get away from his reputation.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that makes no sense either!

If you think coaches and GM's are worried about losing their jobs, wouldn't the same thing apply to taking a chance on Bradford and he fails? You're taking a chance either way, why wouldn't you take the "safer" pick as you say, based on Bradfords career the "safer" pick would be one of the rookie QB's!

You would have that rookie QB at the beginning of his NFL career and not have to "fix" any issues that someone like Bradford has developed over the years, such as being a deer in the headlights, and trying to get away from his reputation, as some on here would say, of being Captain Checkdown!

It's because you're really getting two players instead of just one. For example would you rather have MM with your top five pick. Or get Sam and Amari Cooper? If Sam doesn't work out you still have A.Cooper. If MM doesn't work out you have nothing.