• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL robs the Steelers

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is.. it wasn't. It happened on 1st down.

True. Butler made a great play on 2nd to keep the player out of the end zone and then there's the 3rd down play.

I was still thinking that the Steelers would score with 2 tries after the touchdown was called back on 1st down.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Refs did a good job of keeping the flags in their pockets - which was good. You could say Martavis committed OPI when he used one hand to push off and one to make the catch (obvious - arm was fully extended)

You can't have it both ways

I did like that they weren't littering the field with yellow the whole game.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the dark side, Steelers fans.

Sincerely,
Cowboys fans

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first we disagree on the DPI by Rowe. So do many of the so called experts on tv. Just sayin.
We also disagree that if it's a penalty in the early stages of a game it's a penalty at the end a game.Call it all the time or don't call it.
Also OPI has as much of a game changer if not more considering the offense already has so many things in their favor.
Well you do have a dog in the fight, so it's no surprise you would disagree, and I haven't heard one so called experts take on a potential no call on defensive PI.

One thing for sure, you can't disagree with PI if a defender grabs the arm of a wide receiver to prevent him catching ball just before the ball gets there that it's not PI.

Just to be clear, are you denying that Rowe used his left hand to hold Juju's left arm in the endzone just before he tips the ball away?

Because if your are, you just didn't see it. Just like the ref standing just feet away, because Rowe absolutely does just that and gets away with it.

If you are talking about the contact off the line, I totally agree that the contact legal and all within 5 yards of the LOS. That was a good no call on defensive holding, because it was clean and legal.

Oh, and I don't disagree with your OPI take, but it's rarely called unless it is totally egregious, so I don't think the no call carries the same weight.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how Pats fans are now experts on rules technicalities and explanations, but still dont grasp how deflating balls is illegal.

Who did that? Oh, that's right…nobody did. Science is your friend.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say Martavis committed OPI when he used one hand to push off and one to make the catch (obvious - arm was fully extended)

I thought the DB was holding MB's arm? Guess I was wrong.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Goodell ran the NBA

"the backboard is only there as an attachment for the rim. hitting any part of the backboard on a made shot is one point. however, on a layup, you may use the backboard for the full two points, but not in the last 2 minutes of the game"

"you must complete the basket. if you fall down while making a basket, the points will not count"

"if you are trying to dunk, the ball must not hit any part of the rim or it will not count as a basket"
basket.gif

If a made shot is on a swirl (Must touch all sides of the rim) the player/team is awarded an extra point. If you do a swirl after hitting the backboard the player/team is awarded 2 extra points, thus a potential 6 point play on one shot can occur if fouled on a three point attempt. :yes:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It simply has to move.
That's only the case if the player is going out of bounds while it is still moving.... on that play, if that ball never hits the ground, that TD is upheld and it absolutely hits the ground and moves...

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A RB can jump the line, put the tip over the goal line - DROP THE BALL COMPLETELY - and it's a TD - but THAT is not.

Lol

This ^^^^ would be a great question to pose to the NFL rules committee.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how Pats fans are now experts on rules technicalities and explanations, but still dont grasp how deflating balls is illegal.
Or filming Superbowl walkthroughs and hiding your team logo shirts while you do it! :rolleyes2:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been experts since Jan 2002. It's you and the others who can't comprehend rules or science.

TUCK IT:D

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filming of the walkthrough never happened and the reporter recanted his story.

Else the Patriots would have been slammed by Roger even worse than they already were for Spygate.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you do have a dog in the fight, so it's no surprise you would disagree, and I haven't heard one so called experts take on a potential no call on defensive PI.

One thing for sure, you can't disagree with PI if a defender grabs the arm of a wide receiver to prevent him catching ball just before the ball gets there that it's not PI.

Just to be clear, are you denying that Rowe used his left hand to hold Juju's left arm in the endzone just before he tips the ball away?

Because if your are, you just didn't see it. Just like the ref standing just feet away, because Rowe absolutely does just that and gets away with it.

If you are talking about the contact off the line, I totally agree that the contact legal and all within 5 yards of the LOS. That was a good no call on defensive holding, because it was clean and legal.

Oh, and I don't disagree with your OPI take, but it's rarely called unless it is totally egregious, so I don't think the no call carries the same weight.
We'll have to agree to disagree on whether Rowe Grabbed his arm or not?

So OPI should be egregious yet Rowe's contact was definitely a penalty:rolleyes2: He didn't hold him, he didn't turn him.

Sorry can't have it both ways and Bryant's was blatant. Go back and watch it and see if you want to keep debating whether they should've called one and not the other.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or filming Superbowl walkthroughs and hiding your team logo shirts while you do it! :rolleyes2:
No dog in the fight:rolleyes2: right the greatest excuse on turf

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Refs did a good job of keeping the flags in their pockets - which was good. You could say Martavis committed OPI when he used one hand to push off and one to make the catch (obvious - arm was fully extended)

You can't have it both ways

I did like that they weren't littering the field with yellow the whole game.

Grabby Gilmore. You will be cursing him before the season is over. Whether he costs you the SB, or you win in spite of him, you will curse him. He sucks. All he knows is hold, grab, tug. Which he was doing to Bryant on the TD play. Bryant absolutely "stiff armed him" so to speak, but Gilly was holding the whole play.. as usual.

I was surprised when BB signed him. I will be more surprised if he is still around next year.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just did it

I deflated your argument maybe, but I don't own any footballs, sorry. Deflating footballs isn't illegal, by the way. Fill in the blank:

"This ball is overinflated, I better _________ it some to make sure it meets regulatory standards."

Good luck, Francis.