• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL robs the Steelers

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the record setting offense could have put up more than 14 points?

Naaaah, lets blame the refs

You only have to win by 1 point. You don't get extra credit if you win by more.

Face it. If the refs didn't put their whistles in their pockets, it's likely Eli would have been dealing with a 3rd and forever rather a 1st down in Patriots territory.

But only the Patriots get breaks from the refs.. ;) ;)

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I understand the rule. Not sure why you’re having trouble with that part.

If he was already in the end zone and it happened, it would be a no brainer incomplete. If it happened in the middle of the field it would be a no brainer incomplete. I don't know why everyone thinks differently of it when it happens while crossing the goal line.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was already in the end zone and it happened, it would be a no brainer incomplete. If it happened in the middle of the field it would be a no brainer incomplete. I don't know why everyone thinks differently of it when it happens while crossing the goal line.

If he was already in the end zone, he wouldn’t have needed to lunge to cross the goal line in the first place.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how so many NFL fans just choose to be willfully ignorant of the catch rules, and never bother to look them up. Then, react stunned EVERY time that we see the SAME RULE applied consistently.

Holy shit... Just look up the rule. It's not hard to understand.

The RB at the goal-line comparison is also a horrendous false equivalency. RB is a ball carrier... a receiver like James has yet to establish possession.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was already in the end zone, he wouldn’t have needed to lunge to cross the goal line in the first place.

Regardless, the point is, that if he lost the ball when going to the ground in the end zone. It'd be incomplete, and no one would raise much of a fuss.

Him reaching for the goal line creates an illusion that this play is somehow different. When you still have to possess the ball all the way through the ground.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers were flat out robbed of that win.....All you have to do is break the plane after a catch is caught and football move made, he did that and even though the ball moved when he hit the ground he still regained it without hitting the ground which shouldn't matter anyhow....
That just makes me more convinced that some games are manipulated by the league for fan interest/cash and that was one of them....
They know Brady is gone after this season and an unprecedented 6 rings to 1 qb with same team would certainly make for a fresh argument that the league is getting better and still setting unparalleled records....
They need the bye and HF advantage to do that.....

The best team lost last night but what else is new in the NFL Mafia League ????
In other news, we beat the snot out of the Browns and are still in the mix for 6....If tenn keeps slipping we may even get the 5 seed....Me thinks !!!!!

Good to hear. I get so nervous sometimes when I think the games are actually in doubt.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well no shit. Passing td doesn't occur when the ball touches the wrs hands while he is in the end zone. It occurs after a pass is deemed complete and then they are in the end zone. Anywhere else on the field and that would be a no brainer incomplete pass. He took a risk lunging before the pass was officially complete. For some reason everyone gets their panties in a bunch when this scenario occurs at the goal line.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO

BB's defense wins them another miracle, and Brady gets all the credit

You wonder why this board needs guys like me and Francis

Brady threw 2 game losing picks yesterday, lucky for him, only one of them was actually picked
Miracles:nono:
You funny

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 pages of this. Everyone knows it was the right call and most people agree its a shitty rule.

Either way, the Steelers choked this one away. Not scoring in the 4th and allowing 11 unanswered? Not to mention it was a high profile game at home against a team that you just can't seem to beat. You had them against the ropes and let them right back in it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less, we were all laughing in my house cause we knew they were turning over that TD

Its become comical the way that team wins
Except when they play a team from NY. Coincidence:scratch:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 pages of this. Everyone knows it was the right call and most people agree its a shitty rule.

Either way, the Steelers choked this one away. Not scoring in the 4th and allowing 11 unanswered? Not to mention it was a high profile game at home against a team that you just can't seem to beat. You had them against the ropes and let them right back in it.
We should be lucky for this controversy.
Otherwise we'd have to be talking about the Martavis Bryant push/hold off for the one handed TD he caught.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no shit. Passing td doesn't occur when the ball touches the wrs hands while he is in the end zone. It occurs after a pass is deemed complete and then they are in the end zone. Anywhere else on the field and that would be a no brainer incomplete pass. He took a risk lunging before the pass was officially complete. For some reason everyone gets their panties in a bunch when this scenario occurs at the goal line.

I don’t know. I guess people react differently to plays that directly impact the outcome of the game than those that don’t. It sounds crazy, but that’s all I can figure out at this point.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call is what it is. Just a shame that a game like that had to be decided on such a controversial call. Oh and to me that was a TD and the Steelers got robbed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's my question for people who believe it to be a "shitty rule".

What is your alternative? Prior to 2010, we had very blurry rules with what a catch was. It was kind of just up to the refs discretion. There were many questionable plays, where there was a pass into the end zone ruled a TD. When the receiver possessed a ball for no more than a split second, with two feet down. Then, had it knocked out of his hands immediately.

I like the way the catch rules are set-up now, because we at least have a set criteria for what is required of a player to make a completed catch.

Now, if you can find a middle-ground between each extreme and we can set up better criteria. I'm obviously all ears.

There seems to be a lot of complaining about this rule when it's applied, but I almost NEVER hear someone bring up alternatives.

As far as I can see, there is no perfect way to set-up the catch rules. There will always be head-scratching rulings. Right now, I do think that this is the lesser of two evils.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my question for people who believe it to be a "shitty rule".

What is your alternative? Prior to 2010, we had very blurry rules with what a catch was. It was kind of just up to the refs discretion. There were many questionable plays, where there was a pass into the end zone ruled a TD. When the receiver possessed a ball for no more than a split second, with two feet down. Then, had it knocked out of his hands immediately.

I like the way the catch rules are set-up now, because we at least have a set criteria for what is required of a player to make a completed catch.

Now, if you can find a middle-ground between each extreme and we can set up better criteria. I'm obviously all ears.

There seems to be a lot of complaining about this rule when it's applied, but I almost NEVER hear someone bring up alternatives.

As far as I can see, there is no perfect way to set-up the catch rules. There will always be head-scratching rulings. Right now, I do think that this is the lesser of two evils.
The only reason that ball was knocked lose was because he hit the ground. He caught the ball and was not contacted by another player. Maybe you can use the "ground can't cause a fumble" rule for this type of play.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was crazy, that's why throwing towards the middle of the field near the end zone is so dam dangerous, the ball can pop up in the air and it's fair game... Pitt probably should a just played it safe, I get trying to get the win though, sometimes you just gotta go for it.. Receiver should a just secured the ball without stretching out, I think he would a scored anyway.... that's a tough loss for Pitt...