• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL robs the Steelers

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grabby Gilmore. You will be cursing him before the season is over. Whether he costs you the SB, or you win in spite of him, you will curse him. He sucks. All he knows is hold, grab, tug. Which he was doing to Bryant on the TD play. Bryant absolutely "stiff armed him" so to speak, but Gilly was holding the whole play.. as usual.

I was surprised when BB signed him. I will be more surprised if he is still around next year.

I'll be surprised if Buffalo isn't traded to Canadian Football by next year.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Texans lose out, the Browns could actually have the #1 and #2 picks in the draft

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Texans lose out, the Browns could actually have the #1 and #2 picks in the draft

that would be great

then they can be malcontents, released and signed by the patriots

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A RB can jump the line, put the tip over the goal line - DROP THE BALL COMPLETELY - and it's a TD - but THAT is not.

Lol
Because the running back is not a receiver. He does not have to secure the catch.

Let's ask it another way.

If instead of crossing the goal line, James was in the end zone and everything else happened exactly as it did. Is it a catch? Not according to the rule. The goal line is irrelevant in this situation.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's only the case if the player is going out of bounds while it is still moving.... on that play, if that ball never hits the ground, that TD is upheld and it absolutely hits the ground and moves...

If he juggled it after hitting the ground, it moved and it's case closed. I could clearly see the laces spin.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the running back is not a receiver. He does not have to secure the catch.

If instead of crossing the goal line, James was in the end zone and everything else happened exactly as it did. Is it a catch? Not according to the rule. The goal line is irrelevant in this situation.

Of course it was a catch. He extended his arm across the goal line. Can't extend a ball over the goal line you haven't already caught.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about if a defender put his helmet on the ball before it touched the ground, after it crossed the goal line and jarred it loose? Knee down, complete control, football move.

The rule is a joke and must be abolished. There is a difference between "surviving the ground" on a catch, and making a football move after a catch resulting in a fumble/bobble. And absolutely when the goal line is involved, the football move should take precedence.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how Pats fans are now experts on rules technicalities and explanations, but still dont grasp how deflating balls is illegal.

I love how bandwagon Raider fans obsess about the Patriots and never talk about the Raiders.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how bandwagon Raider fans obsess about the Patriots and never talk about the Raiders.

No such thing as a bandwagon Raider fan

i talked about the Raiders in this thread.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i posted that earlier today

"it's just different" is the reply you should expect to see.
Yeah sorry to post again.

Trust me I already felt the Steelers lost that game prior, no excuse for the stupid call from me.
I, like you don't understand the difference?
Then also the Jets games:

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sorry to post again.

Trust me I already felt the Steelers lost that game prior, no excuse for the stupid call from me.
I, like you don't understand the difference?
Then also the Jets games:

Hell, I don't care. Post it again. Maybe they will come up with a different explanation.

I'm still pissed off about an index card

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it was a catch. He extended his arm across the goal line. Can't extend a ball over the goal line you haven't already caught.
We all know it's a catch, just not by rule. In the off season the rules committee should look at removing the 'surviving the ground' aspect when a player has secured the catch, and makes a move to 'advance' the ball.

They should also look at changing that touchback on fumbled balls through the sides of endzones. It should be spotted just like all other fumbles not recovered that go out of bounds on the sidelines. Now out the back of the endzone, sure make it a touchback.

I won that game when Carr fumbled that ball but still that is one of the biggest penalties a team can endure in a game IMO and offers too big of a momentum swing.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i posted that earlier today

"it's just different" is the reply you should expect to see.
If that stood as a TD, it was the wrong call. Previous mistake does not obligate them to continue to make the same mistake repeatedly.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that stood as a TD, it was the wrong call. Previous mistake does not obligate them to continue to make the same mistake repeatedly.

You are correct.

But the second part of the statement, you know this is the NFL refs we are lucky they even know what sport they are officiating.