• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL refs still suck

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reviewing of PI failed because the NFL officials refused to overturn anything even when the call on the field was obviously wrong.

They didn't want it to work, so it didn't.
Agree - and disagree...it doesn't work because it's too subjective. I mean, yes - you have some obvious PI calls, but you could technically call PI on just about 90% of catches...if you go by the letter of the rule.

I'd be for allowing a coach to challenge it - but there would have to be some kind of parameter around how it would be reviewed and called...and even still - what some might call mutual contact or negligible - another might decide is too much...again, it would be like trying to review holding on the OL....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drawing the line between subjective and objective calls is pretty naive IMO. They get calls wrong all the time in real time. When it is a 40-50 yard spot foul, it should be reviewed unless it was an obvious great D play.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More beta crying about officiating. I'll say it again, no game has ever been decided by the refs. If you lost a game because of one bad ref called then you didn't play good enough to win. Build a bigger lead so one call doesn't screw you.
That’s all fine, but not the point. It’s about letting the refs get away with stupid calls.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been several long PI calls this season -and others- where the defender doesn’t even turn his head and basically tries to tackle the receiver before the ball even gets there.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add this on PI - refs need to get back to calling passes uncatchable...some of the PI calls that are made, the ball has a 0.0% chance of being caught. Either call it holding before the pass, or let it go if the ball is 9 yards out of bounds, or 15 yards over the WR's head....seems like this was an emphasis a few years ago and has slipped in recent seasons back to calling everything regardless of the pass being catchable or not...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add this on PI - refs need to get back to calling passes uncatchable...some of the PI calls that are made, the ball has a 0.0% chance of being caught. Either call it holding before the pass, or let it go if the ball is 9 yards out of bounds, or 15 yards over the WR's head....seems like this was an emphasis a few years ago and has slipped in recent seasons back to calling everything regardless of the pass being catchable or not...
Good point.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reviewing of PI failed because the NFL officials refused to overturn anything even when the call on the field was obviously wrong.

They didn't want it to work, so it didn't.
Not so. The reviewing of PI failed because it required the call to be obviously completely wrong. Some flags were thrown on minimal illegal interference. However, if there was ANY illegal interference the call had to stand. HCs challenged ticky-tack calls which couldn't be overturned under the review rules that were put in place.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are too stupid to make all the considerations they should make. They just focus on one aspect and then fuck up the game they are in charge of.

Doesn't matter to the league because they only value adding women fans and women don't care what the rules are. They didn't build the game like the legacy fans did.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Referees Use Replay To Rescind Penalty Against Packers On Monday Night Football, Which No One Knew They Could Do

The Green Bay Packers started Monday Night Football against the Las Vegas Raiders with three-straight runs to AJ Dillon. On their fourth play, they went to the air for a screen to tight end Luke Musgrave.

Musgrave picked up 6 yards as the side judge tossed a yellow flag onto the field as Musgrave weaved through the Raiders’ defense.

Referee Brad Allen announced that there was an “ineligible player downfield” and referees assessed a 5-yard penalty on the Packers, wiping out the first-down gain.

Referees marked off the yardage, moving the ball back 5 yards from the initial line of scrimmage.

Shortly thereafter, with no apparent announcement, they moved the ball to the spot where Raiders defenders tackled Musgrave.

What?

It’s common for referees to get together and discuss penalties and decide to pick up a flag. It is not common for a referee to announce a penalty only to later say “wait, never mind.”
NFL is getting desperate that some of their darling teams (mainly the Packers and Patriots) are no longer viable. They cant have small market teams getting to the SB. That will cost money.

You can guarantee that the Chiefs are in the SB if Swift and Kelce are still together. Swifties mean more ad money.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More beta crying about officiating. I'll say it again, no game has ever been decided by the refs. If you lost a game because of one bad ref called then you didn't play good enough to win. Build a bigger lead so one call doesn't screw you.

1697145004390.png

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can guarantee that the Chiefs are in the SB if Swift and Kelce are still together. Swifties mean more ad money.

Checks out. The league only values adding women fans.

Some business marketing finance lawyer asshole told them they maxed out the male market and you have to have growth, growth, growth, increasing growth. The valuation of the franchises is based solely on the growth projections. Cunts.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most penalties I just go meh, whatever. The only one that really gets me riled is the stupid "landing on the QB is roughing the fucking passer" like last night. Pussification at it's worst and ruining football for true fans, imo. The dude makes a perfect form tackle, no head hit, no going low, no forcible body slam, nothing but good fundamental football and boom, out comes the yellow. It's a fucking shame.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't change the game or determine the outcome. Like I said above, if one bad call determines if you win or lose, you didn't play good enough to win.
So you are up the whole game by a TD and then with 1 second left the other team throws a hail mary and the refs decide to call a phantom PI and put the ball on the goal line and the other team scores and makes a 2pt conversion to win and that is OK for you.

STFU shitstain.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are up the whole game by a TD and then with 1 second left the other team throws a hail mary and the refs decide to call a phantom PI and put the ball on the goal line and the other team scores and makes a 2pt conversion to win and that is OK for you.

STFU shitstain.
They should of been up by more than one score, like I said, they didn't do enough to win. No single call in any sport in history decides the outcome of a game. Cry more.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should of been up by more than one score, like I said, they didn't do enough to win. No single call in any sport in history decides the outcome of a game. Cry more.
They were up by a score all game so they did do enough to win.

This is a stupid even for you.