• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Offenses target Donte Whitner

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press Democrat article

Did you know that last year NFL offenses targeted Donte Whitner on more touchdown passes than any other defender?

According to STATS LLC., Whitner gave up 10 TDs total, plus 501 receiving yards in 2010. He also allowed 38 completions on 53 attempts.

Not a great stat to see, but at least in the other articles about this; Donte is aware of the criticism and is using it as motivation to get better.

"As a competitor, you don't necessarily want to have people say good things about you all the time because then you can become complacent," he said. "... It could be a little fake added motivation, or it could be real. But it's something that really gets me going during the week, and when game day comes, you're ready to play."
Donte Whitner eager to face Miller (SF Chronicle)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what scares me about the secondary. seems like we brought in a couple back ups nobody else wanted

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Safety position definitely needs an upgrade.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd like to see Reggie Smith get more burn at FS once he's back to full health. I think he's our best coverage guy back there. On obvious passing downs, I'd move Whitner down into a LB role, and play Goldson and Smith deep.