• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL new schedule

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for the 17th game, is this how it turned out? Cards/49ers pick up another home game?

Hawks on the road against the Steelers
Rams on the road against the Ravens
Cards at home against Browns
49ers at home against Bengals

No every NFC team I think is playing the 17th game on the road and every AFC is playing at home and next year it flips ( if there is a next year ). This could turn ugly if the players just flat out refuse to play another 17 game season after the 2021 season.

On a side note, if they stick with a 17 game season they have to increase the Cap by more than normal for a 16 game season and increase the size of the rosters.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding a week to the season makes sense to me. But keep it to 16 games. Just add another week and give every team 2 bye weeks.

That's what these dumbfucks would do if they really gave a shit about player safety and could handle making a lil' less money than a full 17 game schedule.

But nah, they're all fucking stupid and greedy. We knew that, but this really sucks ass.

So many NFL records are going to get squashed now.

Teams having more road games than other is inherently just unfair. They weren't even smart enough to set these up as neutral site games.

But yeah, the goal here is to go to 18 or more games which is just going to suck even more balls as more players get hurt and more teams separate enough that they won't have to play the last game or two because their playoff seeding is already locked up. Can't wait for the last week of the season to mean nothing and for both teams in the Super Bowl to be out even more starters.

Fuck the owners and fuck Goodell in his douche ass for putting this through.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No every NFC team I think is playing the 17th game on the road and every AFC is playing at home and next year it flips ( if there is a next year ). This could turn ugly if the players just flat out refuse to play another 17 game season after the 2021 season.
Ah, that makes sense then... At least every division will be equal in that respect...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest when they were talking about a "17th" game (last year) i was thinking they could do those games in different countries to expand the reach of the NFL. Those games are not really home games for anyone so it makes it fair. That means they could do 1 game every week in different places outside of the NFL. In my eyes the NFL really missed a big opportunity to open up their market and gave teams a unfair advantage ( this year it's the AFC )

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest when they were talking about a "17th" game (last year) i was thinking they could do those games in different countries to expand the reach of the NFL. Those games are not really home games for anyone so it makes it fair. That means they could do 1 game every week in different places outside of the NFL. In my eyes the NFL really missed a big opportunity to open up their market and gave teams a unfair advantage ( this year it's the AFC )
I don't like that idea... It's so taxing on the players to travel out of the country - especially in a 17 game season... That would just speed up the wear and tear on them and the team imo....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that idea... It's so taxing on the players to travel out of the country - especially in a 17 game season... That would just speed up the wear and tear on them and the team imo....
not if those teams that travel get their bye week the following week ( like it should always be after out of country games ) they could do 2 out of country games every week between week 5 and 13 then those 4 teams take a bye the following week. It really is not that hard to figure out because they normally do 4 teams on a bye.

Also i would like to get rid of thursday night games. Thats the worst and most dangerous game. only having 3 days of rest between a game or travel out of country then get a bye? If i was a player i know which one i would rather play.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not if those teams that travel get their bye week the following week ( like it should always be after out of country games ) they could do 2 out of country games every week between week 5 and 13 then those 4 teams take a bye the following week. It really is not that hard to figure out because they normally do 4 teams on a bye.

Also i would like to get rid of thursday night games. Thats the worst and most dangerous game. only having 3 days of rest between a game or travel out of country then get a bye? If i was a player i know which one i would rather play.
Are you suggesting that they get a bye the week after they play, too?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting that they get a bye the week after they play, too?

No I am saying if they play a game not in the US then they get the bye week after, and get rid of Thursday night games. So yes a bye after not a bye before the game or what ever you were thinking i said. normally 4 teams get a bye when they start having teams take byes ( not always though ) I am just saying let those 4 teams that played in those 2 games out of the US take their bye the following week. You are now opening the game up more. The NFL has always screamed about having more "out of country games" to open the sport up to more people.

They (NFL) really missed a chance to really make this click and not give any team a unfair 9th home game and people would have supported it because it levels the playing field for these 17th game seasons ( 8 home 8 away 1 neutral ) .

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st GAME SEATTLE AT COLTS. GO HAWKS

wooo GIF

That and Saints/Packers on Fox. That sounds like good viewing.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few Leaks that I saw so grain of salt:

7) Vs New Orleans MNF
16) vs Chicago
14) At Green Bay

Anointed One