• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.16 New Ace @ Fish

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the Chapman demotion but Conforto? Yeah, he's had bad games but not as much as the rest of the lineup (except Wade, who is sitting). And if we are measuring by production to date, why in the world is Lee in the number 3 spot? Oh right, because the rest of this lineup is even worse (except Fitzgerald, Conforto and Soler) than his OPS of .644.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks has been a pleasant surprise. Melvin put him out there with the Sunday getaway day lineup though. Lets see how he does.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the Chapman demotion but Conforto? Yeah, he's had bad games but not as much as the rest of the lineup (except Wade, who is sitting). And if we are measuring by production to date, why in the world is Lee in the number 3 spot? Oh right, because the rest of this lineup is even worse (except Fitzgerald, Conforto and Soler) than his OPS of .644.
Forto has been crappy for over a week now.
Bad situational hitting, lots of Ks.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks has been a pleasant surprise. Melvin put him out there with the Sunday getaway day lineup though. Lets see how he does.
not today. He was just meh.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker shat the bed and our bullpen imploded.

I'm out. Get 'em tomorrow.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once we have a 2 game win streak we will be alright. Just waiting for that to happen.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once we have a 2 game win streak we will be alright. Just waiting for that to happen.
When they get Snell going they'll be better. They are being a little careful with Hicks still but if you told me he'd be undefeated and have a 1.57 ERA so far I'd certainly have taken it, If Ray comes back he's another one who can give you quality starts with a sub 4 ERA. That rotation will give you five starters who are capable of winning each time they go out there. The problem, it seems to me, is the team doesn't hit. They have good hitters but they don't produce. Its very strange

and

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not today. He was just meh.
We were facing the behemoth that is the Miami Marlins. Given that, he survived 5 innings. More than acceptable, given how the Marlins have just feasted on their opponents all season long.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they get Snell going they'll be better. They are being a little careful with Hicks still but if you told me he'd be undefeated and have a 1.57 ERA so far I'd certainly have taken it, If Ray comes back he's another one who can give you quality starts with a sub 4 ERA. That rotation will give you five starters who are capable of winning each time they go out there. The problem, it seems to me, is the team doesn't hit. They have good hitters but they don't produce. Its very strange

and
Pitching is not this teams problem. The offense is beyond worthless.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and
It seems we will make a Giants’ fan out of you yet. After all, we’ve won a World Series more recently than 2002. :D

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and
They are hitting but not in the same inning

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Why hit Murphy #5?!? He has only 2 hits all season and was one K short of the sombrero de oro. (3 AB, 3 K)

2) Tay Rog has been awful with inherited runners. He is MUCH better with starting a clean inning.

3) Giants relievers have allowed 45% (9 of 20) inherited runners to score. (Last year it was 31%)

4) The situational hitting has been bad.

5) Overall, the Giants are between 13-17 in most hitting categories as a team. Mediocre average, mediocre power, mediocre strikeout rate, mediocre walk rate, mediocre AVG/SLG/OBP. Several guys are simply not hitting. And Conforto seems to have been hot for a week, and has now been falling fast.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and
Hey @Brightboat , as I was welcoming a new member to this board, I realized that you haven't shared anything in our Introduce Yourself thread (that, and you still list yourself as an Angels' fan, which I'll probably give you a hard time about for awhile or until you change it, whichever comes first :heh:). Please read what we've shared there and tell us how you become a fan, favorite player, favorite memory, etc.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching is not this teams problem. The offense is beyond worthless.
Yeah, they should be better; much better. But if/when their pitching staff becomes whole it should help quite a bit. Knowing you have a "quality" starter out there every day can do wonders for the offense's confidence

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Brightboat , as I was welcoming a new member to this board, I realized that you haven't shared anything in our Introduce Yourself thread (that, and you still list yourself as an Angels' fan, which I'll probably give you a hard time about for awhile or until you change it, whichever comes first :heh:). Please read what we've shared there and tell us how you become a fan, favorite player, favorite memory, etc.
I think they were the top three alphabetically maybe and I selected them erroneously? Not sure. As for the second part of your question, I never cared for sharing a bunch of info about myself on the internet. Just a personal preference.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love seeing Catchers stealing second