• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP

Who wins MVP?

• Purdy

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Mccaffrey

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Lamar

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Dak

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mahomes

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Tyreek

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Hurts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, there’s a vast sea between “not quite MVP” and “fairly mediocre”. The whole fairly mediocre narrative needs to be retired. People think it’s so easy to read a defense, set a protection, work through a progression, and deliver a ball accurately. Does anybody watch this dude? The difference between him and Jimmy G and the other guys that have been back there is Purdy can improvise at a high level and extend plays when he has to. He’s not some tomato can. Dude is a top notch NFL QB and one of the best in the league. I hate squabbling over who is 4th best or who is 8th best yada yada yada. I’ll just say he’s one of the best in the league.

200w.gif

........ McCaffrey still deserves it more....

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, there’s a vast sea between “not quite MVP” and “fairly mediocre”. The whole fairly mediocre narrative needs to be retired. People think it’s so easy to read a defense, set a protection, work through a progression, and deliver a ball accurately. Does anybody watch this dude? The difference between him and Jimmy G and the other guys that have been back there is Purdy can improvise at a high level and extend plays when he has to. He’s not some tomato can. Dude is a top notch NFL QB and one of the best in the league. I hate squabbling over who is 4th best or who is 8th best yada yada yada. I’ll just say he’s one of the best in the league.

and he's the cover model for the S2 test and then Stroud has to go out and bomb it to hell but win ROY

Football can not be sabermetric'd to death thankfully.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still to my point.
If he was drafted in the top 5 everyone would be gushing over him
Well that is true. Hype sells to the chicks they're trying to attract as fans.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted CMC even though the poll asks who will win and I don't think he will

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have to have an MVP this year?
I didn't say he wasn't their best player, however that doesn't make him MVP. I think that should require more than 8 touches per game.

Dolphins needed a lot of things, not just Tyreek. Mike McDaniel has made a big difference as well.
I'm not saying you're wrong but your '8 touches' analogy suggests a defensive player couldn't ever win the award.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know if Purdy & Trey Lance magically switched draft spots. Everyone would be talking about Purdy being a frickin' All-Star!
the next coming of whoever.

but
since he was drafted Mr. irrelevant. People cant accept that intelligent QB's succeed in this league.
People get stuck on draft pedigree.

Purdy has made all the throws. He has made very few mistakes. Extremely efficient. He is playing like the best QB this season.
Everyone wants to come with an excuse why he shouldnt be considered such.
meanwhile
Because where Fields was drafted. They are trying to come up with excuses why he is good even though he isnt close to being so.
Draft pedigree.

Im not considering where Purdy was drafted,but who he got drafted by......

Do you think Brock could star for the Bears and do you think JF could star for the 9ers.......??

If they were to trade places,I think JF could definetley thrive for SF but theres no way Brock could thrive for the Bears.......

SF has a plethora of stars on that team to make him bettef than what he is......

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying you're wrong but your '8 touches' analogy suggests a defensive player couldn't ever win the award.
alan page and lawrence taylor appove of this message

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in todays game, it would be remarkable if a defensive player even got close. L.T. was the last one to win it and that was 37 years ago. The award has become too much of a QB prize and usually just the QB from the top seeded team or close. Kinda sad but true, unfortunately. Mccaffery could win it and Tyreke if he surpasses 2000 yds should get some votes but the people who vote have basically quit trying lately, it seems. Just my opinion, mind you. I think for anyone other than a QB to win, it will require shattering some records.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think Brock could star for the Bears and do you think JF could star for the 9ers.......??

If they were to trade places,I think JF could definetley thrive for SF but theres no way Brock could thrive for the Bears.......

SF has a plethora of stars on that team to make him bettef than what he is......
I don't think Fields would thrive with the 9ers tbh. I don't see him being able to read and react as quickly as that offense is designed for. I agree that Purdy likely isn't as good on the Bears though.

I don't really buy peoples argument that anybody thrives in San Francisco's offense. People argue the yeah but JimmyG nonsense but Shanahan had to dial it back a lot for JimmyG and Jimmy still held them back when it mattered most. Every now and then Garoppolo played well and looked the part but he isn't nearly as smart or as good as Purdy has been.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fields would thrive with the 9ers tbh. I don't see him being able to read and react as quickly as that offense is designed for. I agree that Purdy likely isn't as good on the Bears though.

I don't really buy peoples argument that anybody thrives in San Francisco's offense. People argue the yeah but JimmyG nonsense but Shanahan had to dial it back a lot for JimmyG and Jimmy still held them back when it mattered most. Every now and then Garoppolo played well and looked the part but he isn't nearly as smart or as good as Purdy has been.

I agree, Fields would not thrive on the 49ers. The discussion we would be having is how much is he holding them back. (just my opinion).

The reality of this situation is Purdy is thriving. It doesn't matter where he was drafted or how he got there. The real facts of the matter are he has taken the opportunity that he earned, and yes he earned it as he wasn't a high draft pick and just handed the keys, and made the most of it.

MVP award is kind of a skewed award anyway. It's very often given to a guy that had some historic stats or is a voter darling. In the end, who cares because the real award is that obelisk with the ball on the top.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Purdy is smarter and better decision maker so I think he could do fine but I feel we could do this with a ton of QBs in the league.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would disagree. Fields would be another Lance for the Niners.
The Same niner team under lance was losing.
Jimmy G was winning but not much offense. Heavily relied on the running game & defense.
Purdy has that offense running on all cylinders.

Also to the 2nd point. Mahomes wouldn't look as good on the bears.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G was winning but not much offense. Heavily relied on the running game & defense.

It should be pretty obvious that the 49ers staff preferred Purdy over both Jimmy G and Lance. Neither is there because they had their guy.

Now to be totally fair, Lance got hurt and whatever happened in the next 10 months led them to believe he wasn't the guy. Jimmy G rarely had the full complement of weapons healthy when he was healthy, but still didn't thrive like Purdy is now. Obviously things change game by game and year by year, but it speaks volumes that the 49ers moved on from the 2 guys that previously started, basically stating, we're moving forward with this guy and the results don't lie.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well not every qb would be successful in SF,but Fields wold better there than Brock would be in Chicago......

Dak I believe could be still a top 10 qb in SF,but Purdy I do not believe he would be what he is now........not even sure a top 15 qb.

Not taking what hes doing in SF,but damn,the players he has,is just unreal......
Not every qb,in fact Purdy is probably the only one that has the best rb in the league,2 top notch wrs,a top notch te along with the oline and a top 2 def......

A lot of qbs could go there and still get the 9ers to a SB.....but Purdy....??.....not sure he could make other teams better.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lance never got that chance.......

And who know how Mahomes would be with another team......hes having a hard tome with tjose trash wrs he has now.....altjo Rice is doing very well..

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s another thing that remains to be seen. Dak Prescott gets killed for being 2-4 in the playoffs in his career. But that’s two more playoff wins than Lamar has.

You may remember during his contract dispute that I defended Lamar and his value. I don’t hate the guy. But at some point, you have to show in sports that you can get it done in playoffs.

lamar has one win I believe