• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP

Who wins MVP?

• Purdy

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Mccaffrey

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Lamar

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Dak

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mahomes

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Tyreek

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Hurts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If for the season, I’d vote for McCaffrey.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know if Purdy & Trey Lance magically switched draft spots. Everyone would be talking about Purdy being a frickin' All-Star!
the next coming of whoever.

but
since he was drafted Mr. irrelevant. People cant accept that intelligent QB's succeed in this league.
People get stuck on draft pedigree.

Purdy has made all the throws. He has made very few mistakes. Extremely efficient. He is playing like the best QB this season.
Everyone wants to come with an excuse why he shouldnt be considered such.
meanwhile
Because where Fields was drafted. They are trying to come up with excuses why he is good even though he isnt close to being so.
Draft pedigree.
Montana was a 3rd rounder.
Brady was a 6th rounder.

And those two are generally considered the 2 best QBs in the history of the game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations would've been much different, and who knows what that would've done to his readiness.

His own team didn't think enough of him to draft him sooner.
Draft position is much like a college degree. Once you get into the workforce, where you went means nothing.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft position is much like a college degree. Once you get into the workforce, where you went means nothing.

Yup, Thornton Melon went to Grand Lakes University and did very well for himself……

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda has to be Purdy by default. Doesn't pass the eyetest, but it sets a pretty awful precedent to not give it to him with the numbers he has, imo.

Would be a good year for a MOP instead of a MVP QB/Centric award.
You obviously haven’t watched any Niner games. His escape-ability and his constant 3rd reads are amazing. He doesn’t rush for shit, but that isn’t his game. He is able to SMARTLY get the ball off before taking a sack, often times getting the ball to a place where only his guy has even a remote chance of getting it. He rarely throughs INTs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did not penalize Kurt Warner for having Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce, Tory Holt, Az-Zihir Hakim, and Ricky Proehl at skill positions and Orlando Pace at Left Tackle and a hall of fame head coach.

Now, some how that makes a difference with it being Purdy instead of Warner.
But Warner had his high-draft position that everyone was falling back on…

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Purdy's passes are more catchable because they're put in a better spot to catch.
Kap keep through the ball 100 mph to the RB who was 3 yards away. Of course he wasn’t going to catch that.

Jimmy put the ball too high, leaving the receiver defenseless to getting blown up by the defense.

Purdy puts the ball where ONLY the receive an catch it, and in stride to get YAC.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap keep through the ball 100 mph to the RB who was 3 yards away. Of course he wasn’t going to catch that.

Jimmy put the ball too high, leaving the receiver defenseless to getting blown up by the defense.

Purdy puts the ball where ONLY the receive an catch it, and in stride to get YAC.
Accurate, a little undersized...Drew Brees 2.0

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t THAT hard to be a very good team in the NFL. Only one team gets to be THE best team, and fewer still get to dominate the way the Niners have. Getting over that “very good team” hump is HARD to do. Jimmy held this team at “Very good”. Brock got them to “elite”.

No I agree and I hate to sound like I am bagging Purdy and especially McCaffery. McCaffery is one of my favorite players not on “my” team. I think both guys are great.

I just think that Lamar means more to his team than Purdy or McCaffery means to SF. In part because just how many great players the 49ers have. Hell Deebo and Trent Williams are both top 20 players if the MVP voting went that far down.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I agree and I hate to sound like I am bagging Purdy and especially McCaffery. McCaffery is one of my favorite players not on “my” team. I think both guys are great.

I just think that Lamar means more to his team than Purdy or McCaffery means to SF. In part because just how many great players the 49ers have. Hell Deebo and Trent Williams are both top 20 players if the MVP voting went that far down.
The Niners are sick-deep.

Elite DL (front 4 are all amazing)
Elite LB corps (best MLB duo in the league)
Average (+?) DB
Elite punter
Average (+?) PK
Elite TE
Elite #1 WR
Elite #2 WR
Elite LT
HORRENDOUS OL outside LT and TE
Elite RB
Elite FB
++ QB (to early to rate him higher than that)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously haven’t watched any Niner games. His escape-ability and his constant 3rd reads are amazing. He doesn’t rush for shit, but that isn’t his game. He is able to SMARTLY get the ball off before taking a sack, often times getting the ball to a place where only his guy has even a remote chance of getting it. He rarely throughs INTs.
-49er fan

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd bet most people would have Purdy in the back half of a top 10, if he's even there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy, I've been watching Purdy since he was at Iowa State... I've probably seen more Purdy than you.
Than how could you possibly say he doesn’t pass the eye test?

He isn’t the most tools QB ever. Neither was Brady. But Jamarcus Russell WAS.

I will take a smart QB with a below average arm over a dumb QB with a cannon any day (Kaepernick, anybody?)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Than how could you possibly say he doesn’t pass the eye test?

He isn’t the most tools QB ever. Neither was Brady. But Jamarcus Russell WAS.

I will take a smart QB with a below average arm over a dumb QB with a cannon any day (Kaepernick, anybody?)
Brady is fucking John Elway in terms of arm strength compared to Purdy. Please be serious. If you want to force a mediocre toolset that's good anyway, go for Brees.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet most people would have Purdy in the back half of a top 10, if he's even there.
To be clear…

You just said MOST people would not list Purdy in the top 5 for MVP this year, and likely not even in the top 10 for MVP this year.

Oh, aren’t you special. I bet your mother loved you bunches and bunches.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear…

You just said MOST people would not list Purdy in the top 5 for MVP this year, and likely not even in the top 10 for MVP this year.

Oh, aren’t you special. I bet your mother loved you bunches and bunches.
Incorrect. I've implied he's gonna win MVP regardless of what anyone thinks. You're being a sensitive homer. I said he wouldn't be in most people's top 5 QB's, moreorless. That's different from an MVP convo.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read what you said.