• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP update

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day little Joey Montana himself will give the nod to Brady.
And like I said I have no problem with that argument but for me to be 100% ok with it he needs 1 more super bowl. Again im ok with brady in talks with 1A and 1B. I think Brady is great. I mention it multiple times. Brady is a baller.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

If I was a Homer Chet I'd be over on the Seattle boards moaning about the end of the world.....

One thing I am most definitely not is a homer...

I'm sorry...homer says what???

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice good stuff, what kind of granola bar?

I didn't buy them the bosses wife did.

Some sort of non-wheat included 4 "Wholesome' grains with dark chocolate pits.

I feel a bit like a bird at a feeder...... all those seeds...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare Emmitt in 93 to Brady this year. Emmitt won the rushing title and had the highest yards per rush in 93. Brady likely won't finish in the Top 15 in any QB stat other than QBR. When you miss time you need to be SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER than the other candidates in the games you do play. Brady has not been. Why is this tough to grasp? On a PER GAME basis Brady does not lead the league in YPG, TD per game, completion %, YPA. He leads in QB rating BARELY over Ryan ( who has played 4 more games). Brady has a shot because he's Brady but he will need 3 more games like he had last might and for the other way primary guys to fall off

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare Emmitt in 93 to Brady this year. Emmitt won the rushing title and had the highest yards per rush in 93. Brady likely won't finish in the Top 15 in any QB stat other than QBR. When you miss time you need to be SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER than the other candidates in the games you do play. Brady has not been. Why is this tough to grasp? On a PER GAME basis Brady does not lead the league in YPG, TD per game, completion %, YPA. He leads in QB rating BARELY over Ryan ( who has played 4 more games). Brady has a shot because he's Brady but he will need 3 more games like he had last might and for the other way primary guys to fall off

Exactly, which is why I feel it's Matt Ryan's award to lose. He's facing terrible pass defenses the last three games so they should run the table and at the very least win the division. If Matt just plays average and has no bad game then he wins. If he does have a bad game then Brady can win if he goes in MJ mode in the final three games or if Rodgers just continues to play the way he has for the last 4 games and they win out and win their division.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ryan suffers a little with his lack of playoff success. Kinda romo like to a degree.

it's most valuable player. That in itself makes it pretty darn subjective

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ryan suffers a little with his lack of playoff success. Kinda romo like to a degree.

it's most valuable player. That in itself makes it pretty darn subjective

Ed Zachary.

Not the guy with all the stats.

Which is why a Prescott could win it if Dallas wins out.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, which is why I feel it's Matt Ryan's award to lose. He's facing terrible pass defenses the last three games so they should run the table and at the very least win the division. If Matt just plays average and has no bad game then he wins. If he does have a bad game then Brady can win if he goes in MJ mode in the final three games or if Rodgers just continues to play the way he has for the last 4 games and they win out and win their division.
Frankly the only reason Brady is even being brought up is because of who he is. There are maybe 3 or 4 quarterbacks in the league that could miss 4 games and still be in this debate. If Derek Carr misses the first 4 games next year he's not getting the MVP debate even if he has the exact same stats as Brady this year. Same for Cousins, Ryan, Prescott, Stafford.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly the only reason Brady is even being brought up is because of who he is. There are maybe 3 or 4 quarterbacks in the league that could miss 4 games and still be in this debate. If Derek Carr misses the first 4 games next year he's not getting the MVP debate even if he has the exact same stats as Brady this year. Same for Cousins, Ryan, Prescott, Stafford.

Yep, it's like the Heisman award. Normally you have to have recognition for a couple years before you even have a chance.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are obviously too many variables to have it be all about "best stats". Which player in the league has the most influence over their team winning games? I'm not sure a 8-5 record helps Ryan at this point.

Brady will be MVP.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are obviously too many variables to have it be all about "best stats". Which player in the league has the most influence over their team winning games? I'm not sure a 8-5 record helps Ryan at this point.

Brady will be MVP.
Football is a team sport so it's MVP award is more about individual atats because it's impossible to extrapolate 1 players impact on a team. The Pats would not be 11-2;without Brady imo but I think it's safe to say they'd be 9-4 or 8-5 ( at worst ). Ryan's team is not as good as Bradys but I can safely say without Ryan the Falcons would be a 3-5;win team right now ( at best ). Same is true of Carr, Rodgers

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a team sport so it's MVP award is more about individual atats because it's impossible to extrapolate 1 players impact on a team. The Pats would not be 11-2;without Brady imo but I think it's safe to say they'd be 9-4 or 8-5 ( at worst ). Ryan's team is not as good as Bradys but I can safely say without Ryan the Falcons would be a 3-5;win team right now ( at best ). Same is true of Carr, Rodgers

^^^^^^
this

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Until a QB goes all "Bugs Bunny" and throws an 80-yard TD to himself playing 1 on 11, I will always maintain that there are no "individual" stats in a team sport. The goal of everyone is to win football games and the way to achieve that does not always correlate to having the "best" stats. QBs like Ryan can certainly accumulate some pretty stats in their losses.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not comparing players, its pointing out the FACT players don't have to play the whole season to be awarded the MVP.