• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP update

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not comparing players, its pointing out the FACT players don't have to play the whole season to be awarded the MVP.

Has anyone missed 4 games a quarter season and won the SB? For that to even be possible they would have to have a Rodgers 2011 season and then some and the competition must be average. I think the competition has been ok but Brady hasn't been all world so far this year. He's basically on par with Ryan but played in 4 less games.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a team sport so it's MVP award is more about individual atats because it's impossible to extrapolate 1 players impact on a team. The Pats would not be 11-2;without Brady imo but I think it's safe to say they'd be 9-4 or 8-5 ( at worst ). Ryan's team is not as good as Bradys but I can safely say without Ryan the Falcons would be a 3-5;win team right now ( at best ). Same is true of Carr, Rodgers

Another way to look at it is points above an average replacement. Rodgers has the best rating out of any QB in terms of points above an average QB replacement which makes him more valuable than anyone if you look at it that way.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until a QB goes all "Bugs Bunny" and throws an 80-yard TD to himself playing 1 on 11, I will always maintain that there are no "individual" stats in a team sport. The goal of everyone is to win football games and the way to achieve that does not always correlate to having the "best" stats. QBs like Ryan can certainly accumulate some pretty stats in their losses.
But then conversely the most Valuable Player can't simply be awarded to a player on the best team because the best team would most likely still be the best team ( or one of the best ) without that player. Do you honestly think Brady is worth more wins to the Patriots than Rodgers is to GB? Ryan to Atlanta? Carr to Oakland?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not comparing players, its pointing out the FACT players don't have to play the whole season to be awarded the MVP.
I don't think anyone ever said they did butcher reality remains that in av16 game season there is a substantial difference between missing 2 games and missing 4

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then conversely the most Valuable Player can't simply be awarded to a player on the best team because the best team would most likely still be the best team ( or one of the best ) without that player. Do you honestly think Brady is worth more wins to the Patriots than Rodgers is to GB? Ryan to Atlanta? Carr to Oakland?
Brady is currently ranked 6th in DVAR as well which ranks quarterbacks for production above replacement. Behind Ryan, Brees, Prescott, Carr, Cousins

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there are quite a bit of factors that go into it and it's obviously a subjective award. I wouldn't just look at who is putting up the best stats.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone ever said they did butcher reality remains that in av16 game season there is a substantial difference between missing 2 games and missing 4
Dane did say it, now I don't know if voters will hold the suspension against Brady or not, but I know he's in the MVP conversation.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the average production abovecreplacement Stat the difference between Matt Ryan and Tom Brady this year is MORE than the difference between Brady and Alex Smith. Just saying

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the average production abovecreplacement Stat the difference between Matt Ryan and Tom Brady this year is MORE than the difference between Brady and Alex Smith. Just saying

Are you of the opinion that Matt Ryan's stats would be comparable to what they are now if Atlanta had a top 10 defense?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....you remain mostly pep squad
maybe ryan wins. I just think the league looks at Brady or Rodgers

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you of the opinion that Matt Ryan's stats would be comparable to what they are now if Atlanta had a top 10 defense?
Don't honestly know. I think game control is a bigger impact on stats. The more you trail the more you throw. The score being high or low is kind of irrelevant to that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....you remain mostly pep squad
maybe ryan wins. I just think the league looks at Brady or Rodgers
That's the 3 I said as well.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't honestly know. I think game control is a bigger impact on stats. The more you trail the more you throw. The score being high or low is kind of irrelevant to that.

So having to score more points to win games may or may not have a bearing on a QBs stats??? Interesting take. Can't say I agree with that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So having to score more points to win games may or may not have a bearing on a QBs stats??? Interesting take. Can't say I agree with that.
Well let's look at it then. The QBS for the top 4 defenses in the league this year ( Baltimore, Arizona, Minnesota and Denver) average throwing the ball combined MORE than Ryan does with Atlanta. Flacco himself has attempted almost 100 more passes than Ryan. Palmer and Bradford about the same. Siemian less ( but he missed time ) Now those guys haven't been as good as Ryan ( or even close ) despite throwing the ball more. So I guess there's your answer

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's look at it then. The QBS for the top 4 defenses in the league this year ( Baltimore, Arizona, Minnesota and Denver) average throwing the ball combined MORE than Ryan does with Atlanta. Flacco himself has attempted almost 100 more passes than Ryan. Palmer and Bradford about the same. Siemian less ( but he missed time ) Now those guys haven't been as good as Ryan ( or even close ) despite throwing the ball more. So I guess there's your answer

Flacco is an aberration and a disgusting one at that. The fact that he has been throwing 50+ times a game has cost the Ravens several wins.

If you look at the top 4 in passing yards, what do they have in common?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is an aberration and a disgusting one at that. The fact that he has been throwing 50+ times a game has cost the Ravens several wins.

If you look at the top 4 in passing yards, what do they have in common?
Why would I look at yards? Shouldn't I be looking at attempts? If your claim is teams pass more when they have bad defenses then into attempts more germane to that claim? Yards is an indication of success passing so I'd think teams having success would continue to pass. Attempts is an indication of necessity

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I look at yards? Shouldn't I be looking at attempts? If your claim is teams pass more when they have bad defenses then into attempts more germane to that claim? Yards is an indication of success passing so I'd think teams having success would continue to pass. Attempts is an indication of necessity

You think it's a coincidence that the top 4 QBs in yards all play on teams with subpar to just plain bad defenses?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for stafford. Calvin Johnson retires and he is playing his best football and winning that division over Rodgers and GB is big.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 4 leaders in pass yards play for teams that have an average defense ranking of 21. The top 4 I'm pass attempts play for teams with an average defensive ranking of 11. Of course yards equates to completions so I guess I'm missing the part where a team should stop throwing if they are having success lol.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it's a coincidence that the top 4 QBs in yards all play on teams with subpar to just plain bad defenses?
No I think teams that have success throwing the ball will continue to throw it. Just as teams that run it well will continue to run it. Passing is more big strike though so I'd wager teams that throw it well probably have more possessions per game as would their opponents and more possessions equals more points and more yards