• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP update

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure 5 weeks is a great barometer. Houston thought Oz was worth 18 mill a year too for having a good half season record with Denver

I never thought Brock was good

I could be proven wrong, but I saw a lot more from Jimmy those first few games, than I saw from Brock last season

Brock seemed to get paid because of one or 2 throws vs New England that Sunday night

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon you have seen him post here, Dallas poster who talks about how many fat stacks of cheddar he wins weekly and gives his picks after the games were played. Crazy about Soccer. I think Ronaldo is the highest paid athlete in the world. Football players at least risk serious injury

Yes, Ive seen him post for sure

Just never seen his soccer plays, that's what I was referring to

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the game against the Seahawks, Brady threw for over 300 yards but fed Blount for 3 rushing TDs. NE put up 24 on that D with their worst game plan I've seen in years. Stats don't tell the full story. Same in Denver heavy doses of the RBs and why not? Denver sucked against the run. Keep VM off the field at the same time avoid the no fly zone in a stadium that gives NE fits.

All True.....Again, my only argument in this thread is the MVP, and stats (unfortunately) do get measured more than most things when discussing individual awards

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the game against the Seahawks, Brady threw for over 300 yards but fed Blount for 3 rushing TDs. NE put up 24 on that D with their worst game plan I've seen in years. Stats don't tell the full story. Same in Denver heavy doses of the RBs and why not? Denver sucked against the run. Keep VM off the field at the same time avoid the no fly zone in a stadium that gives NE fits.

Same the Colts. Pats RB Gray runs for over 200 yards in I believe his first game and Brady kept feeding him the rock, unfortunately he didn't set his alarm clock for the next meeting. I'm also glad they pulled Brady out laste in 3rd Q on Sunday, why risk getting injured. Almost happened to Rodgers in 4th vs Minn, their playoffs would be down toilet if he got hurt.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Ive seen him post for sure

Just never seen his soccer plays, that's what I was referring to

Oh no I don't follow soccer at all unless it's the WC or Euro cup and then I root for my county of birth

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same the Colts. Pats RB Gray runs for over 200 yards in I believe his first game and Brady kept feeding him the rock, unfortunately he didn't set his alarm clock for the next meeting. I'm also glad they pulled Brady out laste in 3rd Q on Sunday, why risk getting injured. Almost happened to Rodgers in 4th vs Minn, their playoffs would be down toilet if he got hurt.

This is why I better not see Beckham on the field this Sunday

But of course, he will be out there, for no reason other than the "First 3 year receiving" record, like anyone gives a shit about that

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All True.....Again, my only argument in this thread is the MVP, and stats (unfortunately) do get measured more than most things when discussing individual awards
There in lies part of the issue. It's all subjective. There are no parameters. Does popularity count? Who knows we're not voters. We can claim like some other posters on here who the writers are picking and why?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I personally think Ryan should get it this year unless he melts down on Sunday. would be nice to see that BC QB advance in playoffs too

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Ryan should get it this year unless he melts down on Sunday. would be nice to see that BC QB advance in playoffs too

Id have Ryan as the #1 guy, and I doubt the Saints defense should derail that

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There in lies part of the issue. It's all subjective. There are no parameters. Does popularity count? Who knows we're not voters. We can claim like some other posters on here who the writers are picking and why?

I think David Johnson was the best player in the NFL this season, hands down

But this award is obviously reserved for playoff only players, and I think it should be

I was never a fan of Mike Trout winning the MVP over Betts or Ortiz (and you know it pains me to say that).......

And Mike Trout may end up being the greatest there ever was, but finishing in last place, bothers me

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I forgot about the sleeping incident. Then Gray got all froggy stating something about BB benching him. That was the final straw for old Jonas. I just read Seattle had him in this week for a tryout.
I'm with you BB better do the same thing with TB as soon as they get a comfortable lead. I see NE running away with this game. I know the trends don't say that but I think NE is rolling. I think they frustrate Moore and the NE O abuses the LBs and DBs. Just need to have Cannon have a repeat performance on Suh like he did VM. Keep Suh away from Brady. No doubt in my mind he would intentionally try and hurt TB12 if he gets the chance.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, the good ole days of pay phones, pen and paper and calling my bookie......Id drive miles and miles away from my girlfriends and family to hide from them, and still be nervous while placing my bets

One day a friend of mine that just got married came over with a worried look on his face. I said ' whats the matter and he said that he was down almost 5k to his guy and didn't have it and couldn't tell his new bride and hurt marriage. I said let me try and help and picked like 13 NBA games maybe mixed with college, this was in 88. He called his guy half drunk and put 100x on each game, the bookie didn't want to take that much action from him, but I took the phone vouched for him. If memory serves me right, we hit on 11 out of 13 games and he only had to pay out like 300 phew, shit luck and I was more happy for him than if I had won those bets myself.

The one game that sticks out for me for life was a collge basketball National Championship in 89 I believe, Seton Hall was playing Michigan. The Hall was a 2 5 dog and had a stingy D with that kid Adullah Abdulnaby that dies in a car crash and PJ Carlismo as HC. I called my guy and put 500x on SH. The game was tied with like 7 seconds to go and I figure a basket or foul and I should win buy half a point. Now Glen rice has the ball and decides to take a shot outside the 3 point line. When I tell you time stood still and my heart stopped too, my ex-wife could tell I bet big on the game because of my face. It seemed like forever but the ball bounced out, Mich rebound and they got fouled, made both throws and I won by the hook. $5250 swing my friend on 1 shot. never again

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I forgot about the sleeping incident. Then Gray got all froggy stating something about BB benching him. That was the final straw for old Jonas. I just read Seattle had him in this week for a tryout.
I'm with you BB better do the same thing with TB as soon as they get a comfortable lead. I see NE running away with this game. I know the trends don't say that but I think NE is rolling. I think they frustrate Moore and the NE O abuses the LBs and DBs. Just need to have Cannon have a repeat performance on Suh like he did VM. Keep Suh away from Brady. No doubt in my mind he would intentionally try and hurt TB12 if he gets the chance.

Bill needs to let Brady push the pedal to the medal this year, his shitty coaching decision last year cost NE HFA in playoffs and prob a SB title. If he was gonna have Brady hand off the ball the entire first half last year, he should have put Jimmy in for that. Piece of shit Suh did his dirty flop on Brady's leg and injury could have been worse

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither my friend but from Europe. Came over here as a little kid in Dec 1967
One day a friend of mine that just got married came over with a worried look on his face. I said ' whats the matter and he said that he was down almost 5k to his guy and didn't have it and couldn't tell his new bride and hurt marriage. I said let me try and help and picked like 13 NBA games maybe mixed with college, this was in 88. He called his guy half drunk and put 100x on each game, the bookie didn't want to take that much action from him, but I took the phone vouched for him. If memory serves me right, we hit on 11 out of 13 games and he only had to pay out like 300 phew, shit luck and I was more happy for him than if I had won those bets myself.

The one game that sticks out for me for life was a collge basketball National Championship in 89 I believe, Seton Hall was playing Michigan. The Hall was a 2 5 dog and had a stingy D with that kid Adullah Abdulnaby that dies in a car crash and PJ Carlismo as HC. I called ny guy and put 500x on SH. The game was tied with like 7 seconds to go and I figure a basket or foul and I should win buy half a point. Now Glen rice has the ball and decides to take a shot outside the 3 point line. When I tell you time stood still and my heart stopped too, my ex-wife could tell I bet big on the game because of my face. It seemed like forever but the ball bounced out, Mich rebound and they got fouled, made both throws and I won by the hook. $5250 swing my friend on 1 shot. never again

I remember that game well. Think Terry Dehere was the star of that Hall team, Cinderella run for the ages. Too many wagers just like that too remember that went the right and wrong way. I had the over on the Pats/Ravens game when Billy Cundiff missed like a 20 yard game tying FG that would have gave me the over in OT. Like a 4K swing, straight, in parlays, it was a miserable day

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought Brock was good

I could be proven wrong, but I saw a lot more from Jimmy those first few games, than I saw from Brock last season

Brock seemed to get paid because of one or 2 throws vs New England that Sunday night

And same with Jamie Collins getting released, free lancing and missing assignments. he gave up those 2 t'ds to slow ass Owen Daniels in the AFCG last year. Now I haven't followed college ball this year like I usually do but was watching USF/SC play yesterday and Gamecocks have a big TE, reminds me of Gronk a little Hurst is his name, great hands

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And same with Jamie Collins getting released, free lancing and missing assignments. he gave up those 2 t'ds to slow ass Owen Daniels in the AFCG last year. Now I haven't followed college ball this year like I usually do but was watching USF/SC play yesterday and Gamecocks have a big TE, reminds me of Gronk a little Hurst is his name, great hands

Hoping the Giants draft a TE high, they have been in need of one since Shockey.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that game well. Think Terry Dehere was the star of that Hall team, Cinderella run for the ages. Too many wagers just like that too remember that went the right and wrong way. I had the over on the Pats/Ravens game when Billy Cundiff missed like a 20 yard game tying FG that would have gave me the over in OT. Like a 4K swing, straight, in parlays, it was a miserable day

Ouch and I think your right about Dehere. I think Michigan also had Glen Robinson. Your right about the games. Chris Webber calls a T/O with the Fab 5 when they had none and Syracuse's player too a few years later, his name escapes me. Tell we are getting old with Glen Robinson Jr is playing or Tony dorsett's son etc . Last night the bettors that took Arkansas play 7.5 must have gone crazy and the ones who took Vtach good crazy. Arkansas blew a first half 24 point lead and lost by 11 I think ouch.

A friend of mine who was also a book, was down a G to his guy. So he put a G on SF vs Rams on a MNF. SF was up 17 points with like 4 min to play, so he went to sleep happy. His alram clock woke him and up and the radio says, what an exciting game Rams win in OT. He thinks this cant be right and finds out. Rams scored a Td, recovered an onsides kick, scored another TD, recovered another onsides kick and kick a FG as time expired to go into OT. Lesson as you know is First half scores don't pay, unless you put in a first half wager, but couldnt with the book. A few guys on here stating talking shit here with a big first half lead, and then eat humble pie when they put the molock on that team. Eddie Mushes I tell you

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the Giants draft a TE high, they have been in need of one since Shockey.

This kid would be a nice fit, but I only saw 1 game from him, so I really don't know.