• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP update

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best Book I have ever used was the Greek ( Jamaica) I called in a withdrawal and next day had a check fed exed to me. Now I use 5 Dimes but they stroke you a few days, and I usually give it back. Only reason I stay is because I want to hit them back, sum bitches. Lot of off-shore books in Costa Rica

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best Book I have ever used was the Greek ( Jamaica) I called in a withdrawal and next day had a check fed exed to me. Now I use 5 Dimes but they stroke you a few days, and I usually give it back. Only reason I stay is because I want to hit them back, sum bitches. Lot of off-shore books in Costa Rica
I've never used an off shore book, my untrusting side tells me not too.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never used an off shore book, my untrusting side tells me not too.

I like it and have used it for many years. Online, you can't get into a jackpot and chase. back in the 80's when I would use a guy and were down for the week , would sually double up on MNF and that could bite you in the ass. Then I did book for awhile, but hated chasing people and all the excuses

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it and have used it for many years. Online, you can't get into a jackpot and chase. back in the 80's when I would use a guy and were down for the week , would sually double up on MNF and that could bite you in the ass. Then I did book for awhile, but hated chasing people and all the excuses
That's the nice thing about being in Vegas, no bookie chasing me with a tire iron. Now about chasing, i learned eary on not to, did it once and sat there knowing I lost much more than I could afford, now I never bet more than im willing to lose.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lookit...I'm not going through this again with you as this is similar to the 2014/Romo/Murray discussion, which you still seem unable to grasp. The Cowboys lead the NFL in rushing attempts. They rank 30th in pass attempts. They have the leagues #1 runner, by nearly 400 yards. That is a run-oriented offense. Period.

So is Zeke excluded from the mvp talk because of the supporting cast? He's a rookie? Not a QB and they have to win it by golly?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine the players themselves, being fierce vompetitors, actually do care about winning individual awards. Not more than winningv titles of course but I see more way they wouldn't want the individual awards too. Not if they're truly elite athletes anyway

Tom Brady doesn't even have a shelf or a mantle to display such things.

LOL at athletes not wanting recognition. :crazy:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was poking sticks at Great Dane and his Brady isn't a MVP because he didn't play enough games.

I think Brady should be out of the discussion because he was suspended not because he was injured like Carr. IMO serving a time out means a lot more than just missing games or cash in your account.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Zeke excluded from the mvp talk because of the supporting cast? He's a rookie? Not a QB and they have to win it by golly?

No. I specifically stated in post #215 that he has a case for MVP.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brady should be out of the discussion because he was suspended not because he was injured like Carr. IMO serving a time out means a lot more than just missing games or cash in your account.
I have no issue with this way of thinking, but contrary to GD statement there is no rule eliminating Brady. II see this as a very close race and will be OK if Brady wins. I dont want to get into another "proof" discussion so I'll just say IMO Brady was over punished.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Greek was the best, sucked when they got rid of the US customers

But 5Dimes is BY a mile the best and most trusted site today

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with this way of thinking, but contrary to GD statement there is no rule eliminating Brady. II see this as a very close race and will be OK if Brady wins. I dont want to get into another "proof" discussion so I'll just say IMO Brady was over punished.

I agree with bolded and I also think he is the best QB in football. And it is just MO about a suspension and MVP.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like to call it "Preferential Brady treatment"

Think Cam Newton would be given the same benefit of the doubt, if he was suspended 4 games for what was technically a Cheating Violation? Agree or not, that's exactly why Brady was suspended

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaning on? I wasn't leaning on anything. Those stats are way better than make-believe arguments such as "The Cowboys and Pats would make the playoffs with an average QB." And I love when idiots try to discredit advanced stats when their only retort is a failed attempt at humor.

Yeah, advanced stats are tools used by people that are losing a debate if they were to use, tradition and far more important stats

Smart people know this

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know this. I don't need a lecture. But stats are way more reliable than people who do nothing but spout make-believe arguments with no tangible evidence to support it. Football Outsiders at least gives tangible evidence and is way better than using conventional stats. Conventional stats are always misleading. Football Outsiders and even PFF are way more fair and accurate when it comes to dissecting what's happening on the football field. Much more accurate than humans on a message board who say dumb shit like the Falcons would go 8-8 without Matt Ryan. I don't need to look at a stat to know that Dak, Brady, and Ryan have all played better than Rodgers this year. And teammates have little to do with it. Those stats only support what I see.

The Patriots going 3-1 without Tom Brady is not "Tangible evidence"

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to call it "Preferential Brady treatment"

Think Cam Newton would be given the same benefit of the doubt, if he was suspended 4 games for what was technically a Cheating Violation? Agree or not, that's exactly why Brady was suspended

"Preferential Brady treatment"....guys that are that good seem to get that. It used to be called the Rice rule.

And yes the cheating angle is my biggest problem with him being in the discussion. If he got suspended because he kept wearing shoes that had a cancer kids name on it and said FU to the NFL I am always wearing these shoes, I would have a different outlook on the case.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Preferential Brady treatment"....guys that are that good seem to get that. It used to be called the Rice rule.

And yes the cheating angle is my biggest problem with him being in the discussion. If he got suspended because he kept wearing shoes that had a cancer kids name on it and said FU to the NFL I am always wearing these shoes, I would have a different outlook on the case.

Fact of the matter is he has anywhere between 1000-1300 less passing yards, and 12-15 less total TD's than the other serious contenders for MVP

I think one and ONLY one player with those marks on his resume would be "rewarded" for 4 games he was suspended...Anyone else would be laughed out of contention, based on that disparity

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact of the matter is he has anywhere between 1000-1300 less passing yards, and 12-15 less total TD's than the other serious contenders for MVP

I think one and ONLY one player with those marks on his resume would be "rewarded" for 4 games he was suspended...Anyone else would be laughed out of contention, based on that disparity
Yes Brady should be penalized again, even though he was overly punished already for something that happened TWO years ago.

Brady should never be able to win another award to include the SB for the rest of his life ~Dirt and the haters~