• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP update

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fantastic poster

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair the NFCS pass defenses are going up against MUCH better QBS than NFCN defenses are. The worst QB in the South this year is the reigning MVP of the league.

Interesting spin. Most would say NFCS QBs get to go up against much more generous pass defenses as well as obviously get to play in much better conditions.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These sound like players that need to chill out a little bit.
Probably wouldn't be where they are if they chilled out. All elite athletes have that drive to be the best

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting spin. Most would say NFCS QBs get to go up against much more generous pass defenses as well as obviously get to play in much better conditions.
Like I said maybe. The reason I'd disagree generally is that Brees, Ryan and Newton have amassed very good to great numbers on the road or vs non divisional teams as well. Winston it's too early to tell but the numbers on the road (especially this year ) are top notch

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean over lunch or something? Or when discussing Giselle's latest coffee table book?

You really called me on that... ;)

I would bet he's said as much in so many ways about statistics, records and awards over the years
So we both agree you made it up:suds:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ou're wrong sir wrong. Rodgers makes plays with his legs by scrambling more than any other QB outside of RW and gains more yards rushing than nearly all QB's as well because he has no running game. Rodgers extends the play more to take deep shots downfield and doesn't settle for the dink dunk passes. I can't believe you don't know this as it's common knowledge if you just watch the games. Rodgers is the opposite of a dink dunk passer. He's asked to put the team on his shoulders and carry them to wins.

72% of Dak's passes are within 10 yards from the LOS.
68% of Rodgers passes are within 10 yards from the LOS

Packers have 33 receptions of >25 yards
Cowboys have 23 receptions of >25 yards

Yes Dak averaging like 0.7 more YPA but Rodgers is asked to throw much more and their system is designed to throw down feild. I believe the first 8 games Rodgers was only averaging 6.5 YPA but the last 7 games it's been 8.7 YPA. Much of that is having Jordy Nelson at full strength.

Since you love stats here's some stats for you in terms of passing defense rankings
NFC South Opponents
Panthers: 32
Saints: 30
Bucs: 23

NFC North Opponents
Lions: 16
Bears: 6
Minnesota 4

Falcons team is overall better with the coaching staff, run game/RB's, and O-line. The defense has been basically equal with the Falcons relinquishing just 0.7ppg more than the Pack D.

During that stretch of 4 games which GB faced Colts, Ten, Atl (only lost by 1 point on the road which Rodgers scored potential game winning drive but defense then gave up the game winning FG on the next drive leaving no time on the clock)and the Skins GB was missing #1-3 starting CB's in the secondary due to injury. They were giving up 38 ppg in those games. But you will call this make believe despite it being the truth and proven with your favorite stats.
This is yet another spin from the original point. Why continue to argue with someone who does nothing but spin?

These are all just red herrings deflecting from your original post of what the Cowboys, Pats, and Falcons would be with average QBs.

And again, the NFC South is no worse than the NFC North. They are both shitty divisions overall. You think Ryan is putting up big numbers because of the measly six times he faces his division? LMFAO

He put up 395 against Oakland. 335 in Seattle. 288 against GB. 297 against KC. Destroyed Arizona. Destroyed the Rams. His worst game was against the Eagles. His division has absolutely nothing to do with his play this year. You are fucking pathetic for even trying to use it as an argument.

And Rodgers is the very definition of a dink and dunk passer. Not that there is anything wrong with it. What the fuck have you been watching all these years? Dink and dunk, dink and dunk, dink and dunk, then a big play to Nelson. That's pretty much been GB's offense in a nutshell.

The Falcons are not better overall. Both teams are about even. The difference is Matt Ryan has been consistent all season and Rodgers waited until the last one and a half months to play at a high level.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument cant be going well when DVAO YAR and DYAR are the stats you are leaning on

"Screw Yards and Touchdowns, look at his DVAO"

- No One ever
Leaning on? I wasn't leaning on anything. Those stats are way better than make-believe arguments such as "The Cowboys and Pats would make the playoffs with an average QB." And I love when idiots try to discredit advanced stats when their only retort is a failed attempt at humor.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are just a tool, not the end all of everything. Why watch the games.. Why take into consideration those factors that cannot be measured accurately.

I truly and honestly don't care if Brady doesn't win the MVP and neither does Brady..
I already know this. I don't need a lecture. But stats are way more reliable than people who do nothing but spout make-believe arguments with no tangible evidence to support it. Football Outsiders at least gives tangible evidence and is way better than using conventional stats. Conventional stats are always misleading. Football Outsiders and even PFF are way more fair and accurate when it comes to dissecting what's happening on the football field. Much more accurate than humans on a message board who say dumb shit like the Falcons would go 8-8 without Matt Ryan. I don't need to look at a stat to know that Dak, Brady, and Ryan have all played better than Rodgers this year. And teammates have little to do with it. Those stats only support what I see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know this. I don't need a lecture. But stats are way more reliable than people who do nothing but spout make-believe arguments with no tangible evidence to support it. Football Outsiders at least gives tangible evidence and is way better than using conventional stats. Conventional stats are always misleading. Football Outsiders and even PFF are way more fair and accurate when it comes to dissecting what's happening on the football field. Much more accurate than humans on a message board who say dumb shit like the Falcons would go 8-8 without Matt Ryan. I don't need to look at a stat to know that Dak, Brady, and Ryan have all played better than Rodgers this year. And teammates have little to do with it. Those stats only support what I see.
Yeah, but he has been closing ground pretty quickly for weeks now

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a good quote about why the MVP race is so unclear this year:

Football Outsiders said:
The voters like an easy, obvious candidate -- which has made the 2016 MVP race so difficult. One candidate was suspended for the first four games of the season. Two more candidates are rookies who share the same backfield behind the league's best offensive line. Another candidate is trying to run the table to make the playoffs after he drew a lot of heat for performance below his usual standard during a 4-6 start. Two more candidates are using a record number of fourth-quarter comebacks for two of the league's usual doormats as their main argument -- and one of those just broke his leg, while the other may fail to qualify for the postseason.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be blunt the reason this is still considered close is because 2 of the candidates are Brady and Rodgers and the other QB candidate is Matt Ryan. If you took Ryan's stats and gave them to one of the other 2 guys this would be a runaway. Ryan by every advanced statistic is the clear leader. Not only is he having the best year but I'd wager it's one of the 5 or 6 best seasons for ANY QB in the last 15 years. Maybe someone who knows more than I do could find that out. There are very few years I can remember since the turn of the century that are better

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be blunt the reason this is still considered close is because 2 of the candidates are Brady and Rodgers and the other QB candidate is Matt Ryan. If you took Ryan's stats and gave them to one of the other 2 guys this would be a runaway. Ryan by every advanced statistic is the clear leader. Not only is he having the best year but I'd wager it's one of the 5 or 6 best seasons for ANY QB in the last 15 years. Maybe someone who knows more than I do could find that out. There are very few years I can remember since the turn of the century that are better
LOL....how many times can one say the same thing?
day after day after day...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it over? No. In fact I don't think Ryan will win. I think Brady will win. Should it be over? Fuck yes. Ryan's been the best player by a significant margin all year. However that doesn't mean shit