• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP update

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there are those players like Brady that do galvanize a team better than others. Carr is, Rodgers is, Rothlesberger is. (All QBs I'd take over Ryan BTW) Maybe Ryan has become that type of player this year but in the past he really wasn't one of those.

ryan is a poor mans Romo till he proves otherwise

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's see Brady has turned down to be captain, doesn't go to Probowls , so that the younger guys can, didn't go to the White House after the SB but he give's a rats ass about MVP:L

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see Brady has turned down to be captain, doesn't go to Probowls , so that the younger guys can, didn't go to the White House after the SB but he give's a rats ass about MVP:L

I think about 75% of the players voted to the Pro Bowl, especially veterans, don't go.....Id probably say the larger reason is that once you did it once or twice, it becomes a "been there, done that" and guys would rather just begin their vacations and let their bodies heal

I think Brady cares as much, or as little, about the MVP and Pro Bowl, as any other guy out there

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think about 75% of the players voted to the Pro Bowl, especially veterans, don't go.....Id probably say the larger reason is that once you did it once or twice, it becomes a "been there, done that" and guys would rather just begin their vacations and let their bodies heal

I think Brady cares as much, or as little, about the MVP and Pro Bowl, as any other guy out there

Fair enough but I have seen many QB's be there alot

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then you factor in things like guys still nursing injuries, surgeries that were put off and players going the SB. Now throw in they want players to go to Orlando:rolleyes2:This will likely be the worst pro bowl ever.

The NFL needs to take a hard look at how, when and where they conduct the pro bowl. As it stands now it's a joke.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you factor in things like guys still nursing injuries, surgeries that were put off and players going the SB. Now throw in they want players to go to Orlando:rolleyes2:This will likely be the worst pro bowl ever.

The NFL needs to take a hard look at how, when and where they conduct the pro bowl. As it stands now it's a joke.

Its true. The shitshow of QB's that end up playing in that game sometimes, because the first 15 guys said "No Thanks"...I think Matt Hasselback went last season....:gaah:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its true. The shitshow of QB's that end up playing in that game sometimes, because the first 15 guys said "No Thanks"...I think Matt Hasselback went last season....:gaah:

Even worse, Eli Manning last year :suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get it? Seriously i like Eli because he is one of the toughest SOB's out there, He gets muckled, gets out looking retarded and keeps playing, much respect. Him , Rivers and Brady in top 10 of most consecutive starts. too many players are fragile. look at Garrop porr bastage lasts 6 Q's before he gets hurt

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it? Seriously i like Eli because he is one of the toughest SOB's out there, He gets muckled, gets out looking retarded and keeps playing, much respect. Him , Rivers and Brady in top 10 of most consecutive starts. too many players are fragile. look at Garrop porr bastage lasts 6 Q's before he gets hurt

Sometimes no rhyme or reason...Eli has played behind some brutal Olines, and I don't even remember him ever staying down for a few moments......Maybe he is just too goofy to realize he has a concussion and a broken fibula?

One thing I do notice with him is the way he positions himself when a big hit seems to be coming, never really seems to take that brutal Flush hit

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes no rhyme or reason...Eli has played behind some brutal Olines, and I don't even remember him ever staying down for a few moments......Maybe he is just too goofy to realize he has a concussion and a broken fibula?

One thing I do notice with him is the way he positions himself when a big hit seems to be coming, never really seems to take that brutal Flush hit

Opening game of 2007. 4rth quarter Dallas slammed him on his shoulder. Sideline reporter had him missing 2 months. The next week he started vs GB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are just a tool, not the end all of everything. Why watch the games.. Why take into consideration those factors that cannot be measured accurately.

I truly and honestly don't care if Brady doesn't win the MVP and neither does Brady..
I don't care much for individual awards myself, but not sure how you know Brady's true feelings on the subject...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care much for individual awards myself, but not sure how you know Brady's true feelings on the subject...
I'd imagine the players themselves, being fierce vompetitors, actually do care about winning individual awards. Not more than winningv titles of course but I see more way they wouldn't want the individual awards too. Not if they're truly elite athletes anyway

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean over lunch or something? Or when discussing Giselle's latest coffee table book?

You really called me on that... ;)

I would bet he's said as much in so many ways about statistics, records and awards over the years

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did he seriously give that as the reason he doesn't go to Probowls???

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine the players themselves, being fierce vompetitors, actually do care about winning individual awards. Not more than winningv titles of course but I see more way they wouldn't want the individual awards too. Not if they're truly elite athletes anyway

These sound like players that need to chill out a little bit.