• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP update

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some quick research tells me it was Terrell Davis in 1998 and then Brett Favre before that in 1996.

I can see why some people like Matt Ryan for MVP, but I'd really like to hear people justify Tom Brady. I haven't looked at all candidates, but here are the reasons I'd take Aaron Rodgers over Brady:

1) The Patriots weren't a whole lot worse for the wear when the backup QBs were in, in the first 4 games, including two playoff teams. 3-1 with no INTs.

2) LeGarrette Blount has had a phenomenal season, scoring 17 TDs thus far. The Packers didn't have a rushing TD by a RB until their 11th game, and that was a fullback. In fact their whole running game this year has been extremely unsettled, putting extra pressure on Rodgers to perform.

3) Defenses. The Patriots have given up 15.7 PPG to the Packers' 24.2 PPG. A lot more pressure is on the QB that knows he has to score 4 TDs per game to have a chance to win.

Would you rather he win the MVP or Lombardi

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather he win the MVP or Lombardi
MzyKwod.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has been eliminated by most voters due to missing a quarter of the season. Meanwhile his team went 3-1 in those games and the one loss was when a hurt 3rd string QB played. The MVP of that team overall is the defense which leads the NFL in PPG allowed.
Dayne your love affair with Rodgers has clouded your mind.
1. How do you know who the voters will eliminate? Have they told you?
2. They went 3-1 against AZ, MIA, HOU and BUF not the toughest opponents.
3. It's only been two weeks to where NE led the league in PPG allowed.
Meanwhile your boy has 6 losses, not in the playoffs yet and 7 INTs.
Now I'm not saying Arog won't get it but give his slong a break man.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dayne your love affair with Rodgers has clouded your mind.
1. How do you know who the voters will eliminate? Have they told you?
2. They went 3-1 against AZ, MIA, HOU and BUF not the toughest opponents.
3. It's only been two weeks to where NE led the league in PPG allowed.
Meanwhile your boy has 6 losses, not in the playoffs yet and 7 INTs.
Now I'm not saying Arog won't get it but give his slong a break man.

1.) I've listened to multiple radio broadcasts and mulitiple articles on opinions on some of the AP voters (not all and not week 17).
2.) Actually Miami was one of their toughest opponents as they're in the playoffs as is Houston. The only Team Lord Brady your butt buddy has beaten is the Steelers.
3.) They're still leading the NFL in PPG allowed.

Rodgers is not my boy. If anything I've been bragging about Wilson way more as I've said he will go down as a better all around QB than Rodgers and argued with many Hawks fans and moronic Seattle radio announcers that he would win the starting job over Flynn. Most idiots didn't even think he was worth the third pick.

Yes they have 6 losses but it's not how you start it's how you finish. Sure he's had 7 int's but he also has 40 total TD's. The years he won MVP he had 5 and 6 int's. I'm pretty certain one more int won't be the end of the world especially when two of them were last second chucks to end the half so it had no negative effect except on his stats.

I already said Ryan will win and I've stated it multiple times in this thread. Rodgers could still potentially win based off the final game but for Ryan now it's Ryan's to lose. I'm just stating why Rodgers should win based off him being more valuable to his team than any other player this season. Morons can call it dick riding but those same clowns are sucking slurping of their own players at the same time and being complete hypocrites or they can't formulate an intelligent argument so they refer to sophomoric humor and insults. Meanwhile I'm substantiating MVP based on his surrounding team, schedule and production.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) I've listened to multiple radio broadcasts and mulitiple articles on opinions on some of the AP voters (not all and not week 17).
2.) Actually Miami was one of their toughest opponents as they're in the playoffs as is Houston. The only Team Lord Brady your butt buddy has beaten is the Steelers.
3.) They're still leading the NFL in PPG allowed.

Rodgers is not my boy. If anything I've been bragging about Wilson way more as I've said he will go down as a better all around QB than Rodgers and argued with many Hawks fans and moronic Seattle radio announcers that he would win the starting job over Flynn. Most idiots didn't even think he was worth the third pick.pop

Yes they have 6 losses but it's not how you start it's how you finish. Sure he's had 7 int's but he also has 40 total TD's. The years he won MVP he had 5 and 6 int's. I'm pretty certain one more int won't be the end of the world especially when two of them were last second chucks to end the half so it had no negative effect except on his stats.

I already said Ryan will win and I've stated it multiple times in this thread. Rodgers could still potentially win based off the final game but for Ryan now it's Ryan's to lose. I'm just stating why Rodgers should win based off him being more valuable to his team than any other player this season. Morons can call it dick riding but those same clowns are sucking slurping of their own players at the same time and being complete hypocrites or they can't formulate an intelligent argument so they refer to sophomoric humor and insults. Meanwhile I'm substantiating MVP based on his surrounding team, schedule and production.

It's almost embarrassing how many times you've told us how your boy has done everything with nothing. We got it. No need to write it again. We got it. Oh and nice cover to say Ryan will win, see you don't even believe half that crap you been writting. OBTW did I mention we got it already?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thing with Brady. In the 11 games he's played he has been great but not better than Ryan and only on par with Rodgers. That's statistical fact and Ryan and Rodgers have played better schedules ( also fact ). If you want to claim the Pats record is why Brady should win then why not vote for Blount? He's been great and around the whole year. Seems kind of strange to pick Brady given he's missed time when the teams recors is really the only advantage he has. I'd probably find another worthy Patriot that's been there all year

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost embarrassing how many times you've told us how your boy has done everything with nothing. We got it. No need to write it again. We got it. Oh and nice cover to say Ryan will win, see you don't even believe half that crap you been writting. OBTW did I mention we got it already?

Never said he's done everything or he has nothing. However, he is statistically comparable and in some cases better than the top candidates that do in fact have better overall supporting players/coaching staffs. I'm not sure why anyone would be offended with someone saying this.

I do believe in what I'm writing because it's based of history and current voters opinions. Ryan is on an offensive juggernaut and he's the leader of that team posting excellent numbers. Based off history he will get the nod. I don't think it will be a huge lead and there's still things that could change after next weekend.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. For some reason KC scares the shit out of me while Pitt doesn't at all. That woodshed beating they NE a few years ago hasn't left my mind, just like the 85 SB vs Bears. Tomlin and that super offense that shows up every so often, especially in Foxborough is a tall task, plus NE is like 24-5 vs AFCN. KC has shown this year that it can overcome big deficits this season too

I think NE gets back to the SB, but the lone reason I think Pitt has a better chance of knocking out NE over KC is strictly because of coaching. Tomlin has made better decisions in crucial moments where Reid has had repeated lapses in the playoffs.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NE gets back to the SB, but the lone reason I think Pitt has a better chance of knocking out NE over KC is strictly because of coaching. Tomlin has made better decisions in crucial moments where Reid has had repeated lapses in the playoffs.

Tomlin? Have you watched him coach? I rather have Reid 8 days a week. Tomlin has at that talent on offense but I ? some of his decisions. I agree when Bradshaw said that he wasn't a good coach at all. He won 1 SB with Cowher's team and I know losing Lebeau has hurt a little. Reid was winning in Philly and has been doing the same in KC. If he had a healthy team including Charles, who knows how far. Pitt was gifted a playoff game last year thanks to Burfict and PacMan. For some reason AFCN with the exception pf Balt a few times gives NE little competition, while the AFCW is a different story

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin? Have you watched him coach? I rather have Reid 8 days a week. Tomlin has at that talent on offense but I ? some of his decisions. I agree when Bradshaw said that he wasn't a good coach at all. He won 1 SB with Cowher's team and I know losing Lebeau has hurt a little. Reid was winning in Philly and has been doing the same in KC. If he had a healthy team including Charles, who knows how far. Pitt was gifted a playoff game last year thanks to Burfict and PacMan.

I don't disagree but SB wins are difficult to come by. Yes Tomlin's team should have won another title cause of their talent but so should have the Packers yet only 1 SB in the Rodgers era. Andy Reid is a great regular season coach but come playoff time his teams have melted away far too many times. With Jim Johnson's defense alone should have gotten him 1 SB win. I guess that's why I give the edge to Tomlin over Reid.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thing with Brady. In the 11 games he's played he has been great but not better than Ryan and only on par with Rodgers. That's statistical fact and Ryan and Rodgers have played better schedules ( also fact ). If you want to claim the Pats record is why Brady should win then why not vote for Blount? He's been great and around the whole year. Seems kind of strange to pick Brady given he's missed time when the teams recors is really the only advantage he has. I'd probably find another worthy Patriot that's been there all year

I have no problem with Ryan winning it. I watched all his games at BC and that is that college that pairs up with my son's former HS team Bishop Hendricken in RI. They had Wil Blackmon play at both and then win a SB with the Giants, now on Wash I believe. Another Hendricken kid this year was gonna go to BC but then commited to Michigan, All -American Kwity Paye

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think that as good as Brady is (regardless of how much I can't stand him), the Patriots went 3-1 without him. It shows that BB has a great system in place even without his starting QB. That 3-1 start that could have been 4-0 without injuries basically disqualifies Brady for me. You can't give it to the entire Dallas OL. It might have to be Ryan or Rodgers (if GB wins).

Last edited:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree but SB wins are difficult to come by. Yes Tomlin's team should have won another title cause of their talent but so should have the Packers yet only 1 SB in the Rodgers era. Andy Reid is a great regular season coach but come playoff time his teams have melted away far too many times. With Jim Johnson's defense alone should have gotten him 1 SB win. I guess that's why I give the edge to Tomlin over Reid.

I hear ya and it's all good. Reid might be like another Marty S but for some reason NE matches up better with Pitt. Pats with Brady are 9-2 26 td/3int vs them. Now anything can happen and Pats could lose their first playoff game

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya and it's all good. Reid might be like another Marty S but for some reason NE matches up better with Pitt. He is 9-2 26 td/3int vs them. Now anything can happen and Pats could lose their first playoff game

Well shit, those are some impressive stats I didn't realize. I think you just debunked my theory.:suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think that as good as Brady is (regardless of how much I can't stand him), the Patriots went 3-1 without him. It shows that BB has a great system in place even without his starting QB. That 3-1 start that could have been 4-0 without injuries basically disqualifies Brady for me. You can't give it to the entire Dallas OL. It might have to be Ryan or Rodgers (if GB wins).

Or could have have been 2-2 if AZ kicker didn;t miss an easy FG. Pats were shutout at home to Buffalo, first shutout there in 40 years, Brady comes back an throws 4 tds vs Buffalo and is 26-2 vs them while BB is 3-2 w/o Brady vs Buffalo. NE is scoring 8 points a game more which is kinda big. Now I'm not saying Brady is the MVP or deserves it, and think right now should go to Ryan but its a close race with a few others

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or could have have been 2-2 if AZ kicker didn;t miss an easy FG. Pats were shutout at home to Buffalo, first shutout there in 40 years, Brady comes back an throws 4 tds vs Buffalo and is 26-2 vs them while BB is 3-2 w/o Brady vs Buffalo. NE is scoring 8 points a game more which is kinda big. Now I'm not saying Brady is the MVP or deserves it, and think right now should go to Ryan but its a close race with a few others
Thats the truth in this years MVP votin, all who have been mentioned have a claim they are the MVP, and all have their question marks also.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the truth in this years MVP votin, all who have been mentioned have a claim they are the MVP, and all have their question marks also.

True dat Not everyone will be happy with the choice and this year is closer than most. I remember Brees getting jobbed of it 1 year and Rivers another year, Now I never really like Rivers but am starting to respect him more because he is on tough SOB, gets mauled and always plays, only a handful of players like that including Eli

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin? Have you watched him coach? I rather have Reid 8 days a week. Tomlin has at that talent on offense but I ? some of his decisions. I agree when Bradshaw said that he wasn't a good coach at all. He won 1 SB with Cowher's team and I know losing Lebeau has hurt a little. Reid was winning in Philly and has been doing the same in KC. If he had a healthy team including Charles, who knows how far. Pitt was gifted a playoff game last year thanks to Burfict and PacMan. For some reason AFCN with the exception pf Balt a few times gives NE little competition, while the AFCW is a different story

Why do you have to dis on Reid? He's definitely a good coach... Look what Philly has become since his departure and look what he's done with the Chiefs with Alex Smith... Pretty impressive imo...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have to dis on Reid? He's definitely a good coach... Look what Philly has become since his departure and look what he's done with the Chiefs with Alex Smith... Pretty impressive imo...

??????? I was defending him, reread. I gave him props in Philly and now at KC