• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Franchise Unit Mock Draft Playoff Game 4: UK vs Shane

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion, totally disagree. Step was All Decade, and against a 4-3, is one of the only C's fast enough to get to Willis. Larry Allen may be the greatest guard ever. Martin is the best guard in the game today

Larry Allen was a beast. I wasn't including him in that statement. The left side of your line is great and Erik Williams would steuggle, but hold it down better than most. I was mainly referring to Martin (only because of his youth) and Step (splitting hairs because it's what we do in an all time draft). Maybe I am just sore that you didn't try to trade me for Dermontti Dawson or Mike Webster.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Johnson played in a 4-3 scheme for 3 years, Bowman is a very versatile and is a LB not a rusher. He can play outside and inside.

Regardless, I doubt Barry or Adrian are hurting me with their pass catching ability, they didn't for their entire careers. All my LB's have great speed I see AP and Barry dancing around and not getting much space and my secondary is too good to have just a one-sided air attack.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Allen was a beast. I wasn't including him in that statement. The left side of your line is great and Erik Williams would steuggle, but hold it down better than most. I was mainly referring to Martin (only because of his youth) and Step (splitting hairs because it's what we do in an all time draft). Maybe I am just sore that you didn't try to trade me for Dermontti Dawson or Mike Webster.
Well, to hear most guys on here, Emmitt wasn't the reason for 3 Rings in 4 years, it was his OL lol .As to Martin...just watch him absolutely destroy a couple of Pro Bowl front 7 guys from the Bengals last week. We have a rookie QB, rookie RB, and no Dez, and Cinnci had no answers

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YouTube a few games from that season and count snaps. Being old has its advantages lol:suds:
I didn't get to watch a lot of football in college so I only remember him as a 34 guy. But I have drafted him before and had to refer to PFR to justify putting him there. When you look up Ware, it shows him as both a DE and LB. Same is true for guys like Terrell Suggs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Johnson played in a 4-3 scheme for 3 years, Bowman is a very versatile and is a LB not a rusher. He can play outside and inside.

Regardless, I doubt Barry or Adrian are hurting me with their pass catching ability, they didn't for their entire careers. All my LB's have great speed I see AP and Barry dancing around and not getting much space and my secondary is too good to have just a one-sided air attack.
There's the mustard cutter...I think AP would run behind Allen and Roaf against your guys .If not, I would lose

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to hear most guys on here, Emmitt wasn't the reason for 3 Rings in 4 years, it was his OL lol .As to Martin...just watch him absolutely destroy a couple of Pro Bowl front 7 guys from the Bengals last week. We have a rookie QB, rookie RB, and no Dez, and Cinnci had no answers
I have always shown little love to current players in these. Especially guys who are early in their careers. I know it looks like he will go down as an all time great and I honestly believe he will, but if he flames out somehow, his value drops significantly and he goes onto the list of guys who had a great run for a couple years instead. In my opinion, it should be the other way around and he should have to earn his way onto the all time great list and the only way to do that is through time.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch a lot of football in college so I only remember him as a 34 guy. But I have drafted him before and had to refer to PFR to justify putting him there. When you look up Ware, it shows him as both a DE and LB. Same is true for guys like Terrell Suggs.
Suggs and Ware are very similar. Both would play DE in a 4-3, in fact, if I had run 4-3, I'd have played him there. An example of a great 4-3 OLB would be Derrick Brooks or Jack Ham. They are 20-25 lbs lighter than 3-4 OLB's, but move better in space

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was comparing Suggs and Ware to Thomas and stating how PFR showed them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the mustard cutter...I think AP would run behind Allen and Roaf against your guys .If not, I would lose

It would be fun to watch. Youngblood, Randle, Deacon and Merlin. Other than Allen that o-line is getting blown away lol.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was comparing Suggs and Ware to Thomas and stating how PFR showed them.
Those 3 guys were very similar players. Great 3-4 OLB's, but not 4-3 OLB's. It would have been like me switching to a 4-3 and playing Suggs and Rickey Jackson or Swilling outside. Maybe they could have, but it would be out of position, plain and simple

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always shown little love to current players in these. Especially guys who are early in their careers. I know it looks like he will go down as an all time great and I honestly believe he will, but if he flames out somehow, his value drops significantly and he goes onto the list of guys who had a great run for a couple years instead. In my opinion, it should be the other way around and he should have to earn his way onto the all time great list and the only way to do that is through time.

It's hard to judge but saying a current great OLine can hang with the all-time best rushing him is somewhat difficult to judge in my opinion. It's like saying a current CB like Peterson could hold down one of the best WR's. It's definitely a hard factor to judge IMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fun to watch. Youngblood, Randle, Deacon and Merlin. Other than Allen that o-line is getting blown away lol.
You're crazy if you think Roaf gets blown away by anyone. And EW, prime EW, before the car wreck, was the greatest OT ever. No, I didn't say that, some guy named Reggie White did

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane's D-line is Pretty special.. Don't really think UK has any SPECIAL point in his team...

I got Shane...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane's D-line is Pretty special.. Don't really think UK has any SPECIAL point in his team...

I got Shane...
Reggie White, Ray Lewis, Champ Bailey, Larry Allen, Willie Roaf, Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, Suggs, Revis, Atwater...pretty average indeed

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, you do realize Step is bigger than all 3 of your starting interior OLinemen, right lol?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie White, Ray Lewis, Champ Bailey, Larry Allen, Willie Roaf, Adrian Peterson, Barry Sanders, Suggs, Revis, Atwater...pretty average indeed

Not what i said... You certainly have special players... But they are more spread around... Shane's D-line is a centralized strength, that will cause fits all over...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what i said... You certainly have special players... But they are more spread around... Shane's D-line is a centralized strength, that will cause fits all over...
Not disagreeing that his DL is great, whole team for that matter. IMO, every grouping is critical and can be exploited

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing that his DL is great, whole team for that matter. IMO, every grouping is critical and can be exploited

Sure, but any time there is ONE SPECIAL area of a team the others will be better for it... Having a great defensive line will create a secondary that should be available for more Turnovers...

I do like to look at whether any area of a team is special. i think it makes teams better than being well balanced...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like we have one of these matchups every draft. UK has a top 3 team. I think if I don't make the trade for Randle this matchup could flip easily. I thought he made my d-line the best in this draft though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, you do realize Step is bigger than all 3 of your starting interior OLinemen, right lol?

Just bc he was bigger 6'2" 269 (I can name many others bigger), doesn't make him better. He made 0 1st team all-pro. If he was elite it would show, just sayin