• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft thoughts

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So figured with the draft coming up we would have one thread to post mock drafts, thoughts on prospects, etc.

So some questions maybe to answer...

Who is your favorite 1st round guy the Broncos could draft (realistic--don't think any of the top-10 guys will be there for us)

Who is that one player in the 1st you would hate for the Broncos to draft?

Who are some of your late round sleepers you would like the Broncos to look at?

Alright I will go first here...I have 2 OL players, 1 really good NT, and of all things possibly 1 QB that I could see the Broncos go after that I wouldn't mind either...

For the OL I really like Erving and Clemmings. Both are a bit raw but man both have such high upside and showed so well this past year that if they are there I will be screaming at the tv in hopes that the Broncos will draft them. For the NT I am liking Malcom Brown. The guy brings both run stopping and pass rushing ability. Hard worker who gives 100% on every singe play. Finally the quarteback that I know I will get flack for but I am really liking Bryce Petty the more I watch him. I know guys coming from the spread offense don't always shine but I have watched interviews and just watched how natural it is for him throwing the ball that I just think this kid with a year to learn could really transition. Heck I think RGIII could have done the same if given a year to sit and learn instead of being thrown to the wolves day 1.

The player I would hate is Maxx Williams. He is a good player don't get me wrong but I think we are pretty well set at the TE position. I'm also big on some of the late round guys that could sit a year or two then come in like we had with Julius so I would rather just wait for this position.

Late round sleepers--So I said TE was a position that I liked...Jeff Huermann is probably my favorite TE in this draft. He was hurt most of this last year but still showed up big as a blocker and most just have no idea how good of a pass catching TE he can be at this point. Jean Sifrin is another who is just huge and refuses to go down. It usually takes more than one guy to take him down once he has the ball in his hands.

Zach Vigil is an ILB from Utah State that was one of the biggest playmakers at the linebacker position this last year. Good one to have for depth and maybe see what he can do down the road.

Laurence Gibson and Jamon Brown are two OL prospects that I think fit our scheme very well and look like they can be had in the 5th round or later. Have to remember the Ravens had 2 rookies starting this past year and I think both were taken 5th round or later so look for this to be a possibility for the Broncos.

Finally one of my favorite NT's in the entire draft is Xavier Williams. This guy fits our 1-gap system perfectly. The man has a great first step and enough strength to push the OL back if he can't get home right off the bat.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know a lot about the draft, but from what I've read and what I think I know about our team, I also favor Irving and Clemmons, in that order, as our first round picks. The purported ability of Irving to play any OL position particularly appeals to me, and we clearly need to build for the future on OL.

I know that I've posted in other threads just how high I am on Tyler Lockette, the WR from KSU. I don't pretend to be an expert, but each of the several times I've seen this kid play I've felt certain that he can be a playmaker in the league. If he is still on the board when we pick in the third, then I really hope we take him

Lastly, as a Houston Cougar fan, my homer pick is for DT Joey Mbu. Broncos do have some favorable history with UH players and I really think that Mbu has the ability to play NT. Maybe a late round choice or an UDFA.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good timing CD with draft less than 2wks away. Good list and I would def 2nd that comment regarding worst pk and Williams. I don`t think he should be a 1st rd pk and even question whether he`s worthy of a 2nd even. On your list I do like either Clemmings or Erving and I do think Denver will go O-line in 1st but just in case they go a different route,here`s my list for the 1st 5 rds........
1st rd- NT A`Shawn Robinson Alabama
2nd rd- Donovan Smith OT Penn St
3rd rd- Laken Tomlison OG Duke ( decent chance he fall to Denver
4th rd- If Greyson is here prob worth a shot but I think he will be gone so I like your boy CD, Kikaha OLB/DE from Wash'
5th rd- three guys I like are Terrance Plummer ILB C. Florida and Taiwan Jones Mich St. or even Chris Conley Wr from Geo. If Denver stays pat with 10 pks they could move out of rd 1 and garnish another 2nd. I like all the guys you guys listed ( except maybe that te in late rds as I believe Denver is also intrigued a bit with Te Dominque Jones. I think their pretty set now with Daniels,Green and Casey now. Like to see them use that pk on a punter instead:) Going to be a great draft Gents for sure and fun to see how CD and others drafts compare to Denvers final.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD I also am a big Lockett fan. I went to school in Manhattan so obviously follow K-State pretty closely and Lockett definitely was a star week in and week out. I wouldn't mind him in the 3rd one bit. My thought right now is with DT's contract up after this year and then Sanders' contract up next year we will not keep one of those guys. So either we can keep Sanders and move Latimer on the outside then have a guy like Lockett play the slot or keep DT and once again still need that slot receiver like Lockett. Honestly don't know much about Mbu though. I have heard some mixed reviews but haven't had a chance to watch any of his games for myself.

Randymon this post was your idea so you definitely deserve the credit. I'm hoping we can get a few of the veterans to this site and some of the new guys to weigh in. Ever since we switched to the new version I haven't seen many of them on but that could be that with it being the most boring part of the off season they just haven't been on as much. Maybe the draft can bring some of them back.

I definitely like your list for the draft other than your 1st round pick guy is not in the draft this year. He is only a Sophomore so he still has one more year before he can declare for the draft.

It definitely is going to be interesting how the Broncos approach this draft having 10 picks. The issue being Denver actually already has 76 players under contract. With 10 picks that takes them to 86 leaving only room for 4 UDFA's. The Broncos at least since Elway took over have enjoyed taking something like 15 UDFA's into training camp as many of those fill out the practice squad plus the Broncos I think have the longest streak in the league of having an UDFA rookie make the 53-man roster. So either they need to make a few cuts or figure out how they can bundle some of their draft picks together or look to future drafts where they will maybe have more roster sports open. What I could see happen is Elway trade back out of the 1st and then package some picks to move up in the 3rd and 4th rounds of this draft.

Now I will say the position that I am torn on is that of the Quarterback group. Obviously we cannot get Mariota or Winston. The cost is just too ridiculous at this point. From what I have read recently the Broncos are thinking of taking one of the next tier of quarterbacks which would be Petty, Hundley, Grayson, and Mannion. All of these guys have had really good games that show promise and then just laid some duds. You also have a very mixed group in 2 come from pro systems in Grayson and Mannion then you have the more athletic big arm guys in Petty and Hundley. Now I had somebody tell me just the other day to go take another look at Mannion of Oregon State especially his Junior year where he was getting hyped up quite a bit and man the kid does look like a star. His OL was just down right terrible and maybe the worst in college football this last year so he is one that is hard to gauge in his production this last year was terrible but the year before that I think he would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick with the fact he is playing in a pro system, highly accurate, has great touch but also a canon for an arm if he needs it, and showed the ability to get through his reads. I honestly do think one of these four guys will be a starter in this league for the next 10-years after sitting for a season. I just don't know which one. Mannion though is quickly growing on me as the one I could see growing into a star.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely makes sense to look for opportunities to trade up. No point in drafting ten guys when it's almost certain that most of them won't make the team. Mike Klis wrote a piece in the DP in which he speculates that we might try to move up to Philly's spot at 20 in order to get an elite OT.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow and LOL on the NT pk.( Idiot!) Should pay attention to what yr it is:). Hopefully he has a good Jr. yr and enters fraft and a top prospect at least;). Good points on Mannion. I remember couple yrs ago he was touted as a possible Heisman candidate wasn`t he CD? Then not sure if he got hurt( for some reason I think he did) and then just didn`t play well or the team was just so bad nobody looked good. He certainly dropped off the radar last season. I wonder if he`s had any invites with a teams yet. Well going to look at some more draft potentials now and I`ll try and stick to guys in THIS draft my good man :).

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely makes sense to look for opportunities to trade up. No point in drafting ten guys when it's almost certain that most of them won't make the team. Mike Klis wrote a piece in the DP in which he speculates that we might try to move up to Philly's spot at 20 in order to get an elite OT.

I don`t know TD as far as "most wont make team" comment. You look at teams like Seattle etc and you see alot of guys on that roster that were drafted 4-7. especially on their D. Teamd do their homework and chances are pretty good you can at least find depth in every rd now days. Actually I think rd 1 pks are more risky anymore than the next 6 rds seems like. At least as far as what prodution is expected of them anyway. Here`s too an "excellent" draft by Elway and co. in 10 days or so and they find some real gems thruout the draft.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don`t know TD as far as "most wont make team" comment. You look at teams like Seattle etc and you see alot of guys on that roster that were drafted 4-7. especially on their D. Teamd do their homework and chances are pretty good you can at least find depth in every rd now days. Actually I think rd 1 pks are more risky anymore than the next 6 rds seems like. At least as far as what prodution is expected of them anyway. Here`s too an "excellent" draft by Elway and co. in 10 days or so and they find some real gems thruout the draft.

It's certainly possible for five or more draft picks to make the team, so "most" might not have been the right word. I was trying to speak to cdumler's point about the number of players already on the roster, the large number of picks that we have, and our recent history of success with UDFAs. Never a good idea to make moves just for the point of making them, but it seems to me that we are favorably positioned to trade up and get a guy we covet if such a player exists.

Regardless of what direction we go, of course I agree with your last sentence! :suds:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for sake of arguement, conversation/draft anxiety,etc., I`am feeling stronger as days go that Denver will go D with first pk and DT to me anyway,seems more glaring in rd 1. With the departure of Pots and the somewhat unimpressive play of Sly last yr,I think they really need to solidify that spot especially going to the 3-4. We all saw how the expectations of Sly last yr regressed more than impressed. He did well in run support but really lacked big time in Qb pressures. I think he ended up ranking in the 70`s for D-line pressure`s in that category. To me anyway, I think Denver can still find a starter or quality depth for the O-line in rds 2-4. Finding a good DT that can also put pressure on the Qb is alot tougher to find and esp where Denver sits in draft . if they wait till late 2nd to pk one up ,odds drop drastically at least starter potenial wise. I think with the additions in FA for the O-line, albiet not eye brow raising, should ease some of the pressure and allow Denver to think about making a move to have a potential NT starter or solid player in case Sly doesn`t make some quality steps forward this season. Also, again just a thought. What do you think the odds would be for Denver to select Gurley if he were to somehow fall to them? Normally I would say no chance but the Georgia/Davis/BPA factor just might play in here. I know they feel confident with their rb stable but as many have said,Gurley is one of those special rbs that just ooze stardom.I think they would have a tough time passing myself:) His knee by the way ckd out with flying colors they said. Anyway, just tossing stuff out there to pass some time Gents.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for sake of arguement, conversation/draft anxiety,etc., I`am feeling stronger as days go that Denver will go D with first pk and DT to me anyway,seems more glaring in rd 1. With the departure of Pots and the somewhat unimpressive play of Sly last yr,I think they really need to solidify that spot especially going to the 3-4. We all saw how the expectations of Sly last yr regressed more than impressed. He did well in run support but really lacked big time in Qb pressures. I think he ended up ranking in the 70`s for D-line pressure`s in that category. To me anyway, I think Denver can still find a starter or quality depth for the O-line in rds 2-4. Finding a good DT that can also put pressure on the Qb is alot tougher to find and esp where Denver sits in draft . if they wait till late 2nd to pk one up ,odds drop drastically at least starter potenial wise. I think with the additions in FA for the O-line, albiet not eye brow raising, should ease some of the pressure and allow Denver to think about making a move to have a potential NT starter or solid player in case Sly doesn`t make some quality steps forward this season. Also, again just a thought. What do you think the odds would be for Denver to select Gurley if he were to somehow fall to them? Normally I would say no chance but the Georgia/Davis/BPA factor just might play in here. I know they feel confident with their rb stable but as many have said,Gurley is one of those special rbs that just ooze stardom.I think they would have a tough time passing myself:) His knee by the way ckd out with flying colors they said. Anyway, just tossing stuff out there to pass some time Gents.

I too am concerned about the NT position, so I would not be at all disappointed if we draft a player to try and address that. Really hoped during FA period that we would get Wilfork or Ngata, but they were both too expensive. And I absolutely agree that it's easier to get OL that can contribute right away later in the draft than it is to get DL.

I might be wrong about this, but I do not favor spending a first-round pick on a RB. Maybe Gurely is the next AP, but I'm prepared to roll with CJ and Juwan! LOL

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be wrong about this, but I do not favor spending a first-round pick on a RB. Maybe Gurely is the next AP, but I'm prepared to roll with CJ and Juwan! LOL

I agree with this. I think our current RB talent is good and I would rather spend a first on another position of need rather than upgrade an already good position. Simply put, more bang for the buck using that 1st rounder on a NT or OT than a RB.

I would like us to do some specific targeting in this draft since we have the picks. Instead of waiting and taking a BPA approach or trading down I would like to see us possibly jump up a few spots and snatch some players if we like them.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. I think our current RB talent is good and I would rather spend a first on another position of need rather than upgrade an already good position. Simply put, more bang for the buck using that 1st rounder on a NT or OT than a RB.

I would like us to do some specific targeting in this draft since we have the picks. Instead of waiting and taking a BPA approach or trading down I would like to see us possibly jump up a few spots and snatch some players if we like them.

As far as I'm concerned, Ball is our shiny new rookie RB. Let's see if he can beat out CJ. Also have high hopes for Thompson, though he might be our new FB.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To CD,BrOk,TD and anyone else interested, there is a real good draft analysis/pks,etc from this guy " future 3000" commenting on the Bleacher Report yesterday headlined " Broncos have plenty of ammo to trade up in draft" by Mike Kliss. If you click on comments in this article you`ll see the poster "future 3000" . He gives a very unique,insightful,and quality thoughts on the draft such as who he likes and he does a great job of evaluating and discribing his picks and how they fit,etc. Very good read if you check it out. I was quite impressed with him actually and looks like alot others were as well. Some intrigueing players for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randymon I just read through his entire post. I think he is a guy that I would love to have a beer with before the draft and discuss players. Definitely some interesting thoughts. I also agree with him on quite a bit such as OL players taken early in the last couple of drafts haven't quite lived up to the hype and actually many of the later round draft picks at that position have outshined some of the big names. Now obviously you have guys like Zach Martin for the Cowboys who did well but you also have some top-5 guys that ended up getting benched for bad play. It is why I agree with him in I would rather the Broncos lean towards defense to start off the draft.

Few things though about his draft...While Bennett is one of my favorite DL players (I really like guys who can get after the quarterback as this guy did too) I'm not sure pick 28 is where I take him. If that is the case that we are targeting him it seems like he has been available in the middle of the 2nd round. Might be worth it to trade back and get either another 3rd round pick or early 4th round pick (since we don't have our 4th round pick) to get this guy. That also means then we have a bit more moving power. The article that he commented on is one where I don't agree with Klis about us having a ton of trading power to move up in the draft. 7 of our 10 picks are late 4th round or later with 4 of those being comp picks that we can't trade. So moving back gives us then the ability to move forward. Such as say we do pick up an extra 4th. Instead of taking Ifo in the 2nd when he is projected to go late 3rd round maybe we can move up in the 3rd round to make sure we get him then use that 2nd round pick elsewhere such as OL. That is probably my biggest issue with his mock is the idea of not taking OL until the 5th round makes me a bit uneasy. I really like his OL pick and do think that guy fits well into our system but I would rather us use at least a couple of picks on the OL with one early and one late.

I do appreciate you pointing me towards that Randymon...Definitely has me thinking a bit more of what I want the Broncos to do. Bennett is quickly becoming a guy I desperately hope the Broncos look at very closely. The one point though that I disagree with the guy on though is I would play Bennett at NT. That is what he played more at Ohio State and he fits perfectly into what Wade Phillips loves in a NT in getting into the backfield and being able to split double teams. He has a great first step.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so going to put out my first mock draft and will probably do one more before the draft. Now I am going to be using Fanspeak as I really appreciate their mock draft tool. I was one of those people who paid the $5 or whatever to get the premium so that trades are actually possible. I am one that wants the Broncos to trade back to add more fire power to trade back up in the middle rounds. I'm using the CBS Big Board for this mock so that it doesn't look like I am taking players that are completely unrealistic when I actually pick. I see too many of these where somebody has 3 guys expected to go in the 1st round...Just not going to happen.

To start off I ended up getting a trade offer from the Browns where they gave me their 2nd and 3rd round picks for my 1st. Good value and like I said gives me room to move around. I then made another trade...I know probably not going to happen and maybe some don't like trading back this far but again getting more ammunition to trade back up and get the guys we want. So traded back to the 19th pick in the 2nd round picking up an extra 4th and 5th round pick in the process.

So now with my 2 2nd round picks here is who I took...

2nd--Stephone Anthony, ILB, Syracuse--This kid is a bit raw but athletically speaking there is not a better ILB in this draft. This kid is a missile it is just a matter of him learning to better hit the target. He looks very good in coverage as well so give this kid a year behind Marshall and Trevathan while using him some on run downs this year and he could turn into the next great ILB for the Broncos.

2nd--Quinten Rollins, CB/S, Miami (Ohio)--He was a basketball star who decided to see how he could do at football (sounds familiar). He only had one year of college football and in that year he was named DPOY. He did the same in basketball being named DPOY 3 different times. Captain of the team so leadership capabilities. Because he played Point Guard his footwork is just down right impressive. The guy just has very good instincts and is not afraid to get aggressive with a player. Anyway first year playing Corner the kid has 16 passes defensed and 7 interceptions. We have probably our best defensive staff in a very long time so I think this kid can be coached up and he can become our McCourty like that of the Patriots. Needs some work but the kid can fly.

So now onto the 3rd round. Started the round by trading my 1st 3rd round pick and the extra 4th I had picked up to move to the top of the 3rd round.

3rd--Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State--This kid is one of the best pass rushing DT's in this entire draft. He can play both the nose and DE in the 3-4 defense and do well. He becomes this defenses poor man's JJ Watt for Phillips. Love this kid and getting him early 3rd is very very good value in my opinion.

3rd--Andy Gallick, C, Boston College--Finally go OL. This might be higher than some think he will go but I have heard rumors lately that there are some teams that have him rated as the best Center in this draft even over that of Erving. He fits our ZBS perfectly. Just watch this kid play a couple of games and you will see why there maybe is no better Center in this draft for our system. The kid pulls like he was born to do it. Not the strongest guy but athletically and football intelligence wise this kid is great.

So tried to trade up into the 4th round to get Tyler Lockett to be our 4th receiver/returner but nobody was having it. So just stayed put.

4th Comp--Mitch Morse, OG, Missouri--Very versatile player right here. Played Center, Right Tackle, and Left Tackle for Missouri. Most think he fits better at OG but I could see him competing with Schofield for the RT spot and whoever loses then competes for the LG spot. Just a good value guy at this point.

So 5th round I traded my 16th and 28th picks in the draft to get to the top of the 5th round. Not really a player that I have targeted per say but knowing all too well we only have so many roster spots. Probably in real life would trade for future picks at this point.

5th--David Cobb, RB, Minnesota--I don't know why some have him rated so low these days. At one point this kid was considered a sure fire 2nd round pick and was in talks to be one of the first 3 or so RB's taken. His stock has dropped though as of late. I know the RB position is stacked right now but this kid is just too valuable in my opinion to let go past this point. He is a guy that day 1 becomes our goal line specialist and a guy that if we need to soften up a defense late in the game just give this kid the ball and let him go knock that defense around.

5th--Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame--One of the more versatile TE's in this draft. He played FB, H-Back, In-Line TE, and even played some from the slot. Already is a great blocker as that was his primary duty for Notre Dame but the kid has shown some promise in the passing game as well. Reminds me of what we have in Virgil Green.

6th--Zach Wagenmann, DE/OLB, Montana--Probably my one regret with this draft is not getting a pass rusher before this point. This kid though has some of the higher upside as he has a great first step, a motor that never stops, and has some great closing burst to make a play in the backfield. Needs some major work on technique as really his only move is bend around the corner at this point. Needs that counter move to keep defenses guessing what is coming but hey who better to learn from than two of the best technicians in the game.

7th--Cedric Reed, DE/OLB, Texas--I guess might as well load up and see what happens. This kid had a down year this past year with playing through a torn MCL that required surgery but his junior year this kid ended up being an All Big-12 performer registering 10 sacks and 19 TFL. He was expected to have a huge year and possibly be talked about as one of the better DE's/OLB's in this draft. I am banking that his lack of production was more from injury than just him not being very good.

7th--Terry Poole, OT, San Diego State--At this point it is like throwing drafts at a board of draft players. He seems to have decent upside and most likely is heading to the practice squad for a year. Good possibility though that he can rise up and at least become a serviceable back up for the team.

7th--Chris Bonner, QB, Colorado State-Pueblo--This guy is exactly the kind of quarterback that Elway loves. He helped lead his team to a national championship (obviously division II), stands 6'7", and actually moves pretty well. He has a very strong arm and played in a more pro style offense where he had to make calls in the huddle plus then at the LOS. Very good throwing on the run (big part of what Kubiak loves) and many other attributes you like. For a 7th round pick he is worth bringing to camp in my opinion.

Ok so I know that is a lot to read.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good. It also looks like an Elway draft in that we trade back, pick up solid but not flashy guys and load up with late round gem possibilities.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randymon I just read through his entire post. I think he is a guy that I would love to have a beer with before the draft and discuss players. Definitely some interesting thoughts. I also agree with him on quite a bit such as OL players taken early in the last couple of drafts haven't quite lived up to the hype and actually many of the later round draft picks at that position have outshined some of the big names. Now obviously you have guys like Zach Martin for the Cowboys who did well but you also have some top-5 guys that ended up getting benched for bad play. It is why I agree with him in I would rather the Broncos lean towards defense to start off the draft.

Few things though about his draft...While Bennett is one of my favorite DL players (I really like guys who can get after the quarterback as this guy did too) I'm not sure pick 28 is where I take him. If that is the case that we are targeting him it seems like he has been available in the middle of the 2nd round. Might be worth it to trade back and get either another 3rd round pick or early 4th round pick (since we don't have our 4th round pick) to get this guy. That also means then we have a bit more moving power. The article that he commented on is one where I don't agree with Klis about us having a ton of trading power to move up in the draft. 7 of our 10 picks are late 4th round or later with 4 of those being comp picks that we can't trade. So moving back gives us then the ability to move forward. Such as say we do pick up an extra 4th. Instead of taking Ifo in the 2nd when he is projected to go late 3rd round maybe we can move up in the 3rd round to make sure we get him then use that 2nd round pick elsewhere such as OL. That is probably my biggest issue with his mock is the idea of not taking OL until the 5th round makes me a bit uneasy. I really like his OL pick and do think that guy fits well into our system but I would rather us use at least a couple of picks on the OL with one early and one late.

I do appreciate you pointing me towards that Randymon...Definitely has me thinking a bit more of what I want the Broncos to do. Bennett is quickly becoming a guy I desperately hope the Broncos look at very closely. The one point though that I disagree with the guy on though is I would play Bennett at NT. That is what he played more at Ohio State and he fits perfectly into what Wade Phillips loves in a NT in getting into the backfield and being able to split double teams. He has a great first step.

I`am glad you ckd it out CD. I knew you`ld appreciate his take on the draft and some of the players. I absolutely agree with you that Denver will/should go O-line sooner than 5th rd also. I really like your next post and your draft/trade down scenarios. Looks more like Belicheck moves to me and that`s a compliment. I`ll have to ck up on your O-line guys ( Gallick and Morse) as I don`t recall much about them but will do. If I could be so bold, since you are getting Bennett in 3rd, I would go Anthony ( still not sure about his football IQ) or address O-line with 2pks in 2nd ( I think the need on the O-line is stronger that are db situation IMO) I like a wr somewhere in 5th to go along with Cobb who I think is underrated as well and love his power or DE/ ILB/DB. Really after 4th it should be BPA and looks like you addressed that very well. If the draft were to go your way Mr. GM CD, I would be among the first to congradulate you on a job well done for sure!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I`am glad you ckd it out CD. I knew you`ld appreciate his take on the draft and some of the players. I absolutely agree with you that Denver will/should go O-line sooner than 5th rd also. I really like your next post and your draft/trade down scenarios. Looks more like Belicheck moves to me and that`s a compliment. I`ll have to ck up on your O-line guys ( Gallick and Morse) as I don`t recall much about them but will do. If I could be so bold, since you are getting Bennett in 3rd, I would go Anthony ( still not sure about his football IQ) or address O-line with 2pks in 2nd ( I think the need on the O-line is stronger that are db situation IMO) I like a wr somewhere in 5th to go along with Cobb who I think is underrated as well and love his power or DE/ ILB/DB. Really after 4th it should be BPA and looks like you addressed that very well. If the draft were to go your way Mr. GM CD, I would be among the first to congradulate you on a job well done for sure!

Thanks Randymon...I think you will like my OL guys. It is more about them fitting the style of offense we like to run than that of them being at the top of the position group. That is the great thing about a Kubiak system is that it calls for some very different OL type players. These are the type that most in the league would discard as not starter quality so it gives us the chance to find some quality guys in the later rounds. Again why I don't think we have to go OL in the 1st couple of picks.

Now I do agree that maybe with that 2nd 2nd round pick I should have gone OL but the issue was just nobody was a very good fit. One of my favorite OL players in this draft in Laken Tomlinson of Duke doesn't fit our system otherwise I would have drafted him. Other than a few of the RT's and Erving there just is not a good fit. To me if we are going to draft one of the top OT's in this draft to play RT they need to be able to fit in at LT eventually as well. It is why I like Clemming's so much in I think he can be a very good RT but with a couple of years of coaching could eventually take over the left side and still be successful for us. Peat is another but not sure he fits the ZBS very well. Fischer does some but I question his strength to hold up on either side. He actually reminds me a lot of Schofield.

Now about Rollins being the pick in he was the one player I saw available that just has me excited for what he could become. There are no great Safeties in this draft in my opinion but there are some corners that I could see become that. Rollins has some of the highest upside of any defensive player in this draft in my opinion. He is not like other basketball players turned football players in he is one that loves contact. I mean the guy had 72 tackles as a Corner! You don't see that very often. I for one couldn't pass on him but I can understand why somebody else would.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ckd up on your O-line guys Gallick and Morse. Solid in run blkg and def fit in Kubs and z/blkg. I see both more as guard or even center help but not so sure either would be a solid replacement at LT even if and when Clady departs. But your right as far as the talent in this draft and where Denver sits, it`s going to be hard to find a cailber LT like Clady in this draft and if Denver is going to run/ play action more,the need for Clady type "pass" protectection from your LT isn`t as demanding and critical in that offense. That is if you have a somewhat mobile Qb also. I am very intrigued with Rollins,don`t get me wrong. He could really be something special from what I`ve read. I just think if Denver is going to contend this yr the running game/O-line and the D/special teams is going to be what gets them the trophy while Manning is at the helm. IMO, except maybe for Lb, Denver is solid in all the other areas and Manning time is running out.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that a recent ESPN Insider piece rates Tyler Lockett as the most underrated prospect heading into the draft. Since I don't subscribe to Insider, I can't read the whole article, but this snippet is available for free:

" 1. Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State

If there is a prospect in this draft who looks like he's simply too small to be regarded as a top pick, it's Lockett. A big-play threat who produced 559 yards on passes 20 yards or more downfield in 2014, he plays much bigger than his 5-foot-11, 175-pound frame suggests, going up to win the ball at the catch point when needed. An impressive route runner, he has quick feet that allow him to quickly get open and find holes in zones well. In a deep receiving class he could fall further than his talents suggest, giving someone a steal on Day 2 or later."