• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
HA, Jeffery might actually be there for our 2nd pick...lol

IDK, Hill is starting to intrigue me, but if Perry "manages" to fall that'll be awesome.

I'd still hesitate to take Jeffery in the 2nd.

I doubt Perry falls to 20 much less 30.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What do you guys think of Whitney Mercilus?

One stat that seems to translate well into the pro's is sack numbers, and he had 16 of 'em this year. One of which I remember was a play where he absolutely embarrassed Ohio St. OLT Mike Adams.

However, when I saw him play I didn't see a guy who screamed 3-4 OLB. The way he moved made me wonder if he could make the conversion. What do you think?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to have him but I don't think there is a chance in hell he falls to 30.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who'd make the better 3-4 OLB? Whitney Mercilus or Andre Branch?

Clemson's been bust U lately, which is my first reservation about him. My 2nd is I like Brandon Thompson a lot, but his decision to not run (or was he hurt??) confused me a bt.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm glad Bruce Irvin destroyed the combine because I was never a huge fan of his; if he's now gone at 30 that means he'll push someone else further down.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners would be better off taking McNutt in the second round than Jeffrey. Better hands, better route runner and faster. Not quite as big but 6'3 is big enough.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners would be better off taking McNutt in the second round than Jeffrey. Better hands, better route runner and faster. Not quite as big but 6'3 is big enough.

McNutt being 6'3 surprises me mucho. Seeing him play, he didn't look that tall but he's also not that fast.

But McNutt has been huge for Iowa anyways.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNutt being 6'3 surprises me mucho. Seeing him play, he didn't look that tall but he's also not that fast.

But McNutt has been huge for Iowa anyways.

Eh hes fast enough for a slot guy. 4.42-4.54 40 time depending on who you believe plus guy has size 10 hands which is HUGE. I saw him catch at least 3 balls this year with one hand after the ball was past him, just snagged the ass end of the ball with his huge mits.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're just mcnutty

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm glad Bruce Irvin destroyed the combine because I was never a huge fan of his; if he's now gone at 30 that means he'll push someone else further down.

I'd be surprised if Irvin went in the first round. I know he tore up the drills this week, but I still see people with reservations about him. I admittedly haven't seen him more than a couple times. But when I read things like "plays the position like a RB" and "tries to avoid all contact" (from Josh Norris, I believe), I'm not sure he's a first rounder.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q: Adam, Robert Griffin III looked fantastic in drills and composed when he was speaking to the media. Is there any doubt that he'll be the No. 2 pick in the draft (after a trade)? Which teams are the frontrunners to trade up to get him?

-- Tyrone (California)​

A: Nope, Tyrone, you can pencil in Andrew Luck at No. 1 to Indianapolis and RG3 at No. 2 to … and there's the question that will hang over this draft more than any other in the coming weeks. Cleveland remains the team to beat. It has more ammunition than any other team and has the easiest, surest route from No. 4 to No. 2. It can trade both its No. 1 picks -- its own and the one it got last year from the Falcons -- in addition to other goodies to get to No. 2. No other team can make that deal as easily as Cleveland. But if the Browns balk, then the Redskins, Dolphins, Chiefs or some sleeper team could figure out a way to jump up to No. 2. The fact that Griffin is such an impressive prospect, and the fact that so many teams will be interested just means that one way or another St. Louis is likely to get its price from the team that decides to pull the trigger and roll the dice on the biggest move in the 2012 draft.

--Adam Schefter​

Q: Janoris Jenkins was very straightforward and honest in talking about his dismissal from Florida and his off-field transgressions. He obviously has a ton of talent on the field. Do you think he'll be a first-round pick or will teams be scared off by his character issues?

-- Kyle (Washington)

A: He does have the talent to be the picked in the first round, Kyle. But there are some flags: three arrests, which Jenkins addressed at the combine this week. "They see the talent," he said. "They just want to know what kind of kid I am. I'm just coming here to show them I'm not a bad kid. I made a few mistakes and I've learned from it." Jenkins also is the father of four children ranging in ages from three months to 3 years. "For them to have a great life … I've got to put some of that aside and put it behind me in order for my kids to get what they want," he said. "To be successful at the next level, I can't do things I used to." It's one thing to say it, it's another to actually do it. The early sense is he's talented enough to go at the bottom of the first round, but is hardly assured of going there. I would think he'd be gone by the middle of the second round.

--Adam Schefter

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q: Do you think that some team will take a flyer on Russell Wilson or Kellen Moore in the mid to late rounds? What about a team like the Denver Broncos to give some competition to Tim Tebow?

-- Lyle (Indiana)​

A: Each player is absolutely worthy of a middle- or late-round pick, Lyle. Just depends on the team. I've spoken to teams who like both players. The question is: How high? My sense today is that each could be a mid-round pick. As for the Broncos, they will be getting competition for Tebow. They'll add at least two quarterbacks this offseason. Would expect them to sign one in free agency, like a Josh Johnson or David Garrard type of quarterback, and then add another in the draft. They know they have to bring in more arms, and they will. It's what makes these next couple of months so interesting.

--Adam Schefter​

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Whitney Mercilus?

One stat that seems to translate well into the pro's is sack numbers, and he had 16 of 'em this year. One of which I remember was a play where he absolutely embarrassed Ohio St. OLT Mike Adams.

However, when I saw him play I didn't see a guy who screamed 3-4 OLB. The way he moved made me wonder if he could make the conversion. What do you think?

I see your boy Perry tore the combine up. I was looking at his frame and he has lot's of lower body strength, that will translate into balance that helps him stay low when getting around and under the ot.

I still think his college production will keep him around at #30. He could be the pick.

Either him or Osmele.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a couple of years ago we were talking about how great this WR class was going to be when guys like Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery, Broyles, Fuller, and a couple of others all looked like they could be first round prospects. It's turning out to be the opposite.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still think his college production will keep him (Perry) around at #30. He could be the pick.

I would kiss Baalke square on the mouth if that happened!

Either him or Osmele.

The ultimate boom or bust OG. I think 30 is a little high for him, but he has as much potential there as anyone. I admit I'm not an expert on him (I didn't see him play a single snap until late this season). But when I did see him play I was not impressed with his technique. However, he has everything you want in terms of physical attributes. Does he have the work ethic & other intangibles? I don't know.

The Niners have a hostory of drafting high potential OTs lately (Davis, Iupati, Staley, Rachal). Drafting Osmele wouldn't be skipping a beat.

That said I'd take Konz, Glenn & Zeitler over him (although Osemele & Zeitler are very close in my mind).

I remember a couple of years ago we were talking about how great this WR class was going to be when guys like Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffery, Broyles, Fuller, and a couple of others all looked like they could be first round prospects. It's turning out to be the opposite.

I definitley wasn't one of 'em. I've always been on the Floyd bandwagon, and I've always liked Blackmon (who didn't?), but I've served more Broyles & Jeffery haterade than anyone (especially Broyles).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Guys who may fall to the 3rd round whom I like a lot:

Vinny Curry
Reuben Randle
Jared Crick
(can't have enough solid, hard working intense guys like Crick; he's not as talented as Justin Smith, but he has a similar mentality IMO).
Brandon Washington
Josh Chapman

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vinny Curry
Reuben Randle
Jared Crick
(can't have enough solid, hard working intense guys like Crick; he's not as talented as Justin Smith, but he has a similar mentality IMO).
Brandon Washington
Josh Chapman

I like Crick as well. I may even consider him with our late 2nd round pick.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Vinny Curry
Reuben Randle
Jared Crick
Brandon Washington
Josh Chapman

Randle in the 3rd round?!?! I dont see that. I think he would be a great pick in the early-to mid 2nd round.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Randle in the 3rd round?!?! I dont see that. I think he would be a great pick in the early-to mid 2nd round.

I don't think he'll be there in the 3rd, but he may. There aren't a lot of player in this draft I like very much, or even a little, but Randle is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.