• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree with this. Walker isn't a very good receiver, and he's not a very good blocker. He does nothing all that well. He runs fast in a straight line; he's the TE equivalent of Tedd Ginn Jr.

The Niners need a #2 TE who is great at blocking but can also be a red zone / first down threat. Ideally a guy with good height, vertical jump, weight & long arms. The Niners missed out on getting Jimmy Graham a couple of years ago. :( I dont know that the guy I'm describing is in this draft, but Allen seems like the closest thing to it. He's the best blocking TE of the bunch IMO, and he's also a good receiver. I'd like if he were a little taller, but he's not exactly short either. And 32 inches is a pretty good vertical. He also had a good 3cone.

What was Walker doing on that GW TD play on 4th down @ DET?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Patrick Willis / Navorro Bowman as our ILBs. If Luke Kuechly were to be available when we pick at # 30 (clearly the BPA) at that time, should we draft him?

My point is, even if the law office of Allen, Fleener, & Charles is still on the board when we pick, should we draft them if someone like...Stephen Hill or Malcom Floyd are also available?

we don't have a spot for another ILB but we do have a spot for a 2nd TE

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We have Patrick Willis / Navorro Bowman as our ILBs. If Luke Kuechly were to be available when we pick at # 30 (clearly the BPA) at that time, should we draft him?

My point is, even if the law office of Allen, Fleener, & Charles is still on the board when we pick, should we draft them if someone like...Stephen Hill or Malcom Floyd are also available?

That's not a good comparison. The defense never has 3 ILBs on the field at the same time. The offense quite often has 2 TEs on the field at the same time.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's not a good comparison. The defense never has 3 ILBs on the field at the same time. The offense quite often has 2 TEs on the field at the same time.

We can't possibly still be considering a TE with the ridiculous numbers this receiving class is putting up..

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
byham isn't much in the passing game so we can use an upgrade. i'd also like someone that can be more consistent than walker who can actually block

Could be mistaking based of memory(lack of) but you just answered your own Q. Walker = Passing game, Byham = blocking(good catcher as well)...

Guys we have 3 TEs(4 when all healthy) no need to draft one with our first.

We need WR help... Everyone is asking for help in the passing game which is true, why isn't WR a solution to our passing game woes? Why add a #2 TE(which is what everyone agrees that TE would be since he won't dethrone Davis) with our first when we have a solid #2 in Walker. Walker has made plays for us and played with a broken jaw... come on!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That doesn't mean we have to spend a 1st rounder on one.

I'm starting to think there aren't any TEs who are worth the 30th pick. I liked Allen the best (mainly 'cause I think he's the best blocker), but 4.84 his 2nd gear is judt downright slow. With LBs running in the 4.4's these days I don't know how well he's going to separate in the NFL.

That said maybe Fleener or Allen might be there in the 2nd round?

Charles may go in the 1st, but I hope it's not to the Niners. I don't think he's a very good blocker, and he's only 6'2 with short arms. And he didn't do anything but bench at the combine.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can rest assured that Charles isn't going to the 49ers. I'm pretty sure Baalke isn't stupid enough to take a #2 TE in the first round when we have huge holes in other areas.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So is Michael Brockers stout enough to play NT in a 3-4? 322 with 35 inch arms; that's enormous.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely Floyd if he is still available. I would say Hill right now slightly over Fleener or Allen. I'm more sold on Fleener and Allen, but Hill is growing on me.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This TE argument reminds me of when some guys on the old board were strongly advocating taking DeAngelo Williams at 6 or 22 when we already had Gore.

I did not understand that logic at all. I now find myself on the other side of that, which, you know, is interesting...:)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well harbaugh runs two TE sets, so it isn't the same as drafting deangelo...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well harbaugh runs two TE sets, so it isn't the same as drafting deangelo...

It's worse, because we already have two TEs on our roster. Folks wanna draft spend (not invest but spend) a first round pick so that this individual could be our 3 TE. lol.

What's a better lineup between these two options:
A.) Vernon Davis
Coby Fleener / Orson Charles
Delani Walker
Devier Posey / Marquis Maze

B.) Vernon Davis
Stephen Hill / Dontari Poe
Delanie Walker
Ladarius Green / Dwayne Allen

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be murdering Baalke in my thoughts if we take a TE over a WR.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI.com's Peter King says it "looks like" Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon and Notre Dame's Michael Floyd will be the only two receivers taken in round one.
King is not a draftnik, but is one of the league's most plugged-in reporters, and it appears the early buzz is that Baylor WR Kendall Wright's disappointing Combine has knocked him out of the first round. Wright's next and best chance to revive his stock will come at his March 21 Pro Day.
Related: Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon
Source: Sports Illustrated
Feb 27 - 9:20 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how we could pass up Kendall Wright if he fell into our laps at 30. His game tape clearly shows he's very explosive and fast on the field.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA, Jeffery might actually be there for our 2nd pick...lol

IDK, Hill is starting to intrigue me, but if Perry "manages" to fall that'll be awesome.

I wonder if the niners will remain @30 or move up/down?

Status
Not open for further replies.