• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Consistency

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the part where you visibly assault another player and punch them repeatedly in front of 100s of millions of viewers. (that's the secret sauce).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers coach, won't bemoan missed call on Kansas City Chiefs FG attempt - ESPN

But Tomlin said the NFL needs to take a hard look at officiating during the offseason and consider measures to improve it, including making referees full-time employees of the league.

Tomlin is a member of the NFL competition committee, which considers and proposes rules changes or new rules every year to improve the quality of play and make the game safer.

"Obviously, there's a lot of work [to do] from an officiating standpoint," Tomlin said Monday during his season-ending news conference. "I think it's been well-documented in the last several weeks, not only in stadiums we've played in, but others [too].

"I always want to be someone that's part of the solution as opposed to someone that's complaining and moaning about the problem. I intend to roll my sleeves up and offer any insight I can in making [the league] the very best it can be moving forward."

Tomlin was asked whether he thought referees should be full-time employees.

"I think that and other things are up for discussion," Tomlin said.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think there's a good degree of poetic justice in Tomlin missing the playoffs due to a blown call. That said, the fact that NFL officials aren't full-timers is ridiculous.