• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Awards and Hall of Famers

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I disagree with a majority of who they picked I only really disagree with John Harbaugh winning the Coach of the Year and a I'm iffy on Tannehill winning comeback player of the year award.

With Tannehill my only gripe on him is he only had 10 starts where Jimmy G had a full season. And you could make the case for both had supporting casts to take the pressure off of them. I probably would've given the nod to Jimmy G since he played the full season but Tannehill was fine too.

Harbaugh I'm not knocking how he did as a coach but there were just more guys I thought did a more impressive job. The Ravens were a playoff team last season and all he did was copy his brother's offense from the Kaepernick 9ers and apply it to the better version of Kap in Jackson. He even has the same coordinator from those days as well.

Maybe I've got fan homer glasses on but I would've given it to Kyle Shanahan. The 9ers were 4-12 last season and they went 13-3 with the hardest SOS to end the year out of every team.

But the others I would've put over Harbaugh aside from Shanahan. Mike Vrabel is one, Sean McDermott is another, and as critical as I am of him Mike Tomlin is another, Matt Lefleur, and I'd even say Brian Flores as well considering he took a team that was a train wreck, was supposed to be tanking for Tua, trading away talent, was the worst team of all time, and still manged to get 5 wins to me earns him a spot in the conversation.
Why McDermott? They played an awful schedule, and choked on the playoffs. If they had some good wins.....I hear that all the time and it's really just bc buffalo sucked and won some games. Seriously look at the teams they beat.

the other marquee wins....
Pre tanny titans
Cowboys??
Duck Hodges Steelers?

others
Dolphins x2
Jets just 1x
Broncos
Giants
Bengals
Redskins

I think I did the Math right. Counting the dolphins twice. Combine records of like 41-98.
Murderers row there.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lamar should've easily been the MVP and I'm not a Lamar guy. I don't hate him or think he sucks I just roll my eyes when I start hearing the same tired lines of "Never seen a guy like this before", "Unstoppable", "Going to transform the position", blah blah blah he's sitting at now 0-2 in the playoffs watching the Super Bowl from the couch.

But he was on a 14-2 team and passed for 3000+ yards and was the leading rusher with a 1200 yards so I'd say that qualifies for most valuable player on your team.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why McDermott? They played an awful schedule, and choked on the playoffs. If they had some good wins.....I hear that all the time and it's really just bc buffalo sucked and won some games. Seriously look at the teams they beat.

the other marquee wins....
Pre tanny titans
Cowboys??
Duck Hodges Steelers?

others
Dolphins x2
Jets just 1x
Broncos
Giants
Bengals
Redskins

I think I did the Math right. Counting the dolphins twice. Combine records of like 41-98.
Murderers row there.

He'd be towards the bottom of my list so I should've put it in no particular order but he still got his team into the playoffs with Josh Allen at QB who isn't terrible or anything but he's about average as average can be and they were pretty competitive in just about every game they played except for the Eagles game.

I just would have him above Harbaugh if I was picking Coach of the Year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be towards the bottom of my list so I should've put it in no particular order but he still got his team into the playoffs with Josh Allen at QB who isn't terrible or anything but he's about average as average can be and they were pretty competitive in just about every game they played except for the Eagles game.

I just would have him above Harbaugh if I was picking Coach of the Year.
Yes they were competitive. And played no one. It was smoke. Allen is the centerpiece of that offense, think about that. THEY chose that. .
I think harbaugh should of won .

but over McDermott.......in no order

shanahan, lafleur, tomlin, Payton, carrol, vrAbel, bill o brien(yes seriously he got in and won with a terrible d and bad line. Coaching and trades helped all that, Flores, Reid, pederson.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game wasn't close. Ravens defense made great plays. The point of my post and this thread was about Lamar Jackson. Lamar Jackson was NOT the reason the Ravens won let alone 'dominated' Seattle in that game... and the other games he dominated were against cupcake bottom dwellers. And this was proven when he got his ass kicked in the playoffs.

If not Jackson than who should've been the NFL MVP?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Bruce and James as the 2 outsiders of the 15. Congrats to those that got in. Commiserations to those who didn't, especially Faneca whose accolades should have been enough last year.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh whatever...

I am just not a huge Lamar Jackson fan because all the media treats him like some epic HOF QB because he's b- *excuse me, little indigestion* basically a scrambling QB that looks flashy.

It's Michael Vick 2.0 again. Jackson played in one of the (if not the *looking at you NFC East*) worst divisions in football and cakewalk opponents (outside of NFC West) by a WIDE margin. Minute he went up against a decent team he did fuck all... and even Seattle would've beat him if Wilson/Metcalf didn't choke TD turnover the game away.
The didn't play the NFC East. They played the NFC west. And swept them. And after the defense carried them against Seattle they blew out the Patriots. Then after an easy week against the Bengals they played Houston, LA Rams,49ers, Buffalo in 4 straight weeks. Beat them all. Also beat Pittsburgh twice. What a cakewalk.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson wins MVP and good for him but Mahomes is definitely better. Don't think there is a GM in the league who would take Jackson over Mahomes.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a huge problem with any of the winners this year. Lamar was a no brainer when you look at it. But largely because he's a QB. McCaffery to me should have gotten more votes but that's nitpicking and he was on a losing team. I'm really happy for Michael Thomas getting OPOY after his history making season. And good for Gilmore being the first DB to win DPOY in a decade. I get the glamor and importance of all these pass rushers in today's game but I think it overshadows what some other players do and it gets blown a little out of proportion at times. COY, I might have leaned more toward Shanahan for getting his team through a really tough 2nd half schedule to tge 1 seed with some significant injuries. But I figured Harbaugh would win because of the big gamble and payoff. And everyone just stop about the playoff debacle. It's irrelevant for regular season awards.
As for the HOF, happy for Atwater finally getting the nod. Polumalu is a no brainer. Glad Hutch got in, still not sure why Faneca hasn't got the nod but whatever. I figured Bruce and James would get in just due to a lack of other offensive players on the ballot. Not sure why people are surprised or makibg such a big deal about it. As for John Lynch, he will likely get in at some point but with 4 safeties on a ballot, can understand him not going. He shouldn't be in ahead of Troy or Steve, imo.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unanimous only people who didn't vote for him was @Oldschool739 and you

I didn't vote for anyone but if I did it would have been Mahommie....He was the best qb this year and the most important player to their success and won the dadblamed SB and MVP....
You gotta be Pencil neck Adam Shiff to spin that right into wrong....
8Ball hasn't won 1 stinking playoff game in 2 tries with the deck stacked in his favor this year, that's not an MVP in my book...
Flacco took us to the AFCCG his rookie year, to the playoffs 5 straight with wins in all 5 trips, 3 AFCCG's and a MVP SB win....And most of you geniuses think he was a bum, but 8Ball is Super QB....Brilliant !!!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't vote for anyone but if I did it would have been Mahommie....He was the best qb this year and the most important player to their success and won the dadblamed SB and MVP....
You gotta be Pencil neck Adam Shiff to spin that right into wrong....
8Ball hasn't won 1 stinking playoff game in 2 tries with the deck stacked in his favor this year, that's not an MVP in my book...
Flacco took us to the AFCCG his rookie year, to the playoffs 5 straight with wins in all 5 trips, 3 AFCCG's and a MVP SB win....And most of you geniuses think he was a bum, but 8Ball is Super QB....Brilliant !!!
You realize the MVP is a regular season award, right? In fact, I believe the votes are cast right after the season ends so even if someone wanted to be a rebel and include playoff performances that would require a time machine.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faneca gets no respect I tell ya... no respect at all

Faneca > Hutchinson >>> Mawae

But here we are

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize the MVP is a regular season award, right? In fact, I believe the votes are cast right after the season ends so even if someone wanted to be a rebel and include playoff performances that would require a time machine.

Don't play Madden, so not my specialty....But Mahommie had a great season too, I didn't know he was already on it til Gator told me...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOF 2020:

Steve Atwater
Isaac Bruce
Steve Hutchinson
Edgerrin James