• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL NFC South Predictions

Could this turn out to be a 8-8 playoff division?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Your moms ass

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Potato Salads

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Falcons
2. Panthers
3. Saints
4. Bucs

This division really intrigues me.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more likely that the last place team finishes 8-8

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more likely that the last place team finishes 8-8

I think ATL will start fast, probably 4-0, 5-0 out the gate, split the DIV, lose @ NE, @ SEA, the game vs DAL will probably determine of they go 11-5 or 10-6.

I don't see anybody else winning 11 so if they do that they will repeat as DIV champs.

TB...the team that many want to put in the playoffs, I'm starting to back off them a little...not sure the DEF will be as good as I thought...9-7 is my guess right now..they have a 4 game stretch from wk 3 to wk 6 that might have them fighting the next 4 or 5 games to get back to .500.

CAR...They will be better than LY which obviously is not saying much. I think Peppers and Johnson will have a few games on the edge that turn back the clock, but imo just too much age to be consistent with QB presser...also, I'm not a huge believer in Mike Shula as an OC to make use of McCaffery's skills...I'm expectng them to start strong as well...3-0 heading into week 4 and the Pats....schedule is not that hard...9-7 at worst, 10-6 I can see that happening.

NO...Saints in spite of their draft, don't really impress me much on DEF, yet...I think they might start slow, maybe 0-3 slow...If they get one of those 1st three games, they can be in that 9-10 win range...maybe the Saints are that 8-8 team...hard to say just yet.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ATL will start fast, probably 4-0, 5-0 out the gate, split the DIV, lose @ NE, @ SEA, the game vs DAL will probably determine of they go 11-5 or 10-6.

I don't see anybody else winning 11 so if they do that they will repeat as DIV champs.

TB...the team that many want to put in the playoffs, I'm starting to back off them a little...not sure the DEF will be as good as I thought...9-7 is my guess right now..they have a 4 game stretch from wk 3 to wk 6 that might have them fighting the next 4 or 5 games to get back to .500.

CAR...They will be better than LY which obviously is not saying much. I think Peppers and Johnson will have a few games on the edge that turn back the clock, but imo just too much age to be consistent with QB presser...also, I'm not a huge believer in Mike Shula as an OC to make use of McCaffery's skills...I'm expectng them to start strong as well...3-0 heading into week 4 and the Pats....schedule is not that hard...9-7 at worst, 10-6 I can see that happening.

NO...Saints in spite of their draft, don't really impress me much on DEF, yet...I think they might start slow, maybe 0-3 slow...If they get one of those 1st three games, they can be in that 9-10 win range...maybe the Saints are that 8-8 team...hard to say just yet.
South has easy crossovers this year. Other than NE and GB there isn't much in the AFC East or NFC North . Wouldn't shock me if the South goes 18-6 or 17-7 in those games. That's why I think you see 2 playoff teams and even the last place team should win 7 or 8

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Division is a toss up - Falcons should be the favorites but the loss of Shanahan might knock them back
Still a few questions on Tampa, particularly with their run game. - not sure how hard knocks will affect them if any
The Saints propped up their D for this season and could be the sleeper. They claim not to have lost anything with trading of Cooks and picking up Ginn but I am not buying that.
Cam will surely be rusty for a few games but with adding some pieces on Defense and getting MaCaffrey and Curtis Samuels - they pick up a lot of options on running their offense.

All in all, more than any other division, it would not be a big surprise to see any of the four win it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South has easy crossovers this year. Other than NE and GB there isn't much in the AFC East or NFC North . Wouldn't shock me if the South goes 18-6 or 17-7 in those games. That's why I think you see 2 playoff teams and even the last place team should win 7 or 8

Yep, but I think MIN is one of those teams that can surprise you...same with DET....CHI is going to struggle, I think 0 for 4 vs the NFCS...it could be real ugly in CHI this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division is a toss up - Falcons should be the favorites but the loss of Shanahan might knock them back
Still a few questions on Tampa, particularly with their run game. - not sure how hard knocks will affect them if any
The Saints propped up their D for this season and could be the sleeper. They claim not to have lost anything with trading of Cooks and picking up Ginn but I am not buying that.
Cam will surely be rusty for a few games but with adding some pieces on Defense and getting MaCaffrey and Curtis Samuels - they pick up a lot of options on running their offense.

All in all, more than any other division, it would not be a big surprise to see any of the four win it.

I feel that way about the NFCE every year.

I still see a bit more separation from top to bottom. ATL OFC is going to be fine. Sarkisian was pretty smart to come in more as a consultant than a drill sergeant looking to put his own stamp on the team. It's the DEF pass rush that I'm more interested in for really every team in the DIV, but especially the Falcons.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but I think MIN is one of those teams that can surprise you...same with DET....CHI is going to struggle, I think 0 for 4 vs the NFCS...it could be real ugly in CHI this season.
I would imagine Minnesota and Detroit will both win at least 1 vs the South . I figure GB wins 2 and Pats win 3. I can't see Buffalo, NYJ or Bears winning one. Miami I have no clue what to expect

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine Minnesota and Detroit will both win at least 1 vs the South . I figure GB wins 2 and Pats win 3. I can't see Buffalo, NYJ or Bears winning one. Miami I have no clue what to expect

MIN...protect Bradford and they could do better than 1-3. I'm giving them 2-2, they open hosting NO and wk 3 TB comes to town.

BUF...maybe, they get TB & NO @ home...agree on Jets/Bears.

MIA is one of those teams that every yr recently they spend big and they look good on paper, but they rarely deliver. LY, they kinda did. I don't know if I would like Larry Tunsil being my LT, but I'm one of those guys that thinks Cutler is a decent if you can keep him upright. They get TB wk 1 @ home, and NO wk 4...I'm giving them pretty good odds for 2-0 in those...but wk 6 in ATL, I expect ATL to win and week 10 @ CAR is probably a loss as well...I wouldn't bet on it, but I guess I'm saying 2-2.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im kinda up on the Bucs this year. I dont think they are good but i feel they will steal games this year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tampa this year. Great skill on the outside and at TE. A young solid QB. A decent enough D. Run game should be ok. I see hem winning 9 or 10 pretty comfortably . Could be more