• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC playoffs predictions /Mark Schlereth

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because this is an over 18 message board and we're allowed to do so. There are things you can't say. Racist filth and pron are two of those things. But asking someone to keep it clean for saying "Fuck" one time in a post is a bit ridiculous. Having different posting rules for different boards will not work for various reasons not limited to, but including, no one board/forum is better than the rest and everyone knows the expectations for posting. This way, they don't have to worry about being banned from one area for posting what is acceptable in another. I rarely post on the Seahawks board but wanted to for this thread. There might be other threads I post in around football season. For you, I'll try to keep the cursing at a minimum. Just a warning, one might slip now and then.

*I'm not trying to start anything or push buttons. I'm just explaining a position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more note about there WR/ TE how do they compare to say the Pats?
I think the Pats offense will be the worst one they've put on the field in the Brady era. But its the Patriots so I wouldn't bet on it

They were already #1 in rush attempts IIRC last year and 7th in yards. I could see that becoming #1 in rush attempts and 15th or so without TE threats or deep threats

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you're coming from. But believe me when I tell you that Atlanta will not suck in the playoffs continually. .

That is what the Chicago Cubs fans have been saying forever about their team :laugh3:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what the Chicago Cubs fans have been saying forever about their team :laugh3:

Well, if the Cubs could even contend to get a playoff spot, you might have a point. But since they SUCK so badly they don't even belong in this convo. :laugh3::laugh3:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because this is an over 18 message board and we're allowed to do so. There are things you can't say. Racist filth and pron are two of those things. But asking someone to keep it clean for saying "Fuck" one time in a post is a bit ridiculous. Having different posting rules for different boards will not work for various reasons not limited to, but including, no one board/forum is better than the rest and everyone knows the expectations for posting. This way, they don't have to worry about being banned from one area for posting what is acceptable in another. I rarely post on the Seahawks board but wanted to for this thread. There might be other threads I post in around football season. For you, I'll try to keep the cursing at a minimum. Just a warning, one might slip now and then.

*I'm not trying to start anything or push buttons. I'm just explaining a position.

I'm not trying to start anything either. I asked politely for the language to be clean, I did not report the post or complain to the admin, or even go on a 3 paragraph rant about it. I just simply asked.

I do find the word f*** to be offensive, but that aside, such words add nothing to the dialog. Now, if anyone/everyone would have answered that request with a "no" then that would have been the end of it. I will not report every post/complain to the admin/ or inundate every thread with this same conversation just because people don't have the same outlook on certain things as I do.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It adds emphasis.:suds:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen people on here state that Wilson was elite last year and will be the second best QB in the NFL this year. Most of you are reasonable and like I said, you should be happy.

That's probably a combination of excitement, overzealousness (if that's a word) and an overreaction to others thinking that Wilson is a "game manager".

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Wilson as my 5th rated QB behind Rodgers, Peyton, Brady and Brees.

The Rams defense did play well him, though. I do wonder if there is a blueprint to slow him down a little bit

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are always fun to do during the offseason.

NFC

1. Seattle
2. Green Bay
3. Atlanta
4. Washington
5. San Fran
6. New Orleans

AFC

1. Denver
2. Houston
3. New England
4. Baltimore
5. Cinncy
6. Miami

Not a chance Seattle gets the #1 seed with their schedule ......

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rams defense did play well him, though. I do wonder if there is a blueprint to slow him down a little bit

LOL

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have Wilson ahead of Ryan, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Eli?? Hell Id probably even have Kaepernick ahead of Wilson right now and RG3 ( if healthy). Wilson is a stud ( for real, been a HUGE fan since his college days) but he is barely a top 10 QB if he is even that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Wilson ahead of Ryan, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Eli?? Hell Id probably even have Kaepernick ahead of Wilson right now and RG3 ( if healthy). Wilson is a stud ( for real, been a HUGE fan since his college days) but he is barely a top 10 QB if he is even that.
Big Ben gets banged up too often. Flacco is really inconsistent....if Denver's S doesn't make one of the worst defensive plays ever then we aren't even having him in the conversation. Eli and Ryan...eh, you might have a point but Eli seems to sandwich good years with bad ones and I feel like any QB better than Kevin Kolb could have a decent career with the weapons Atlanta has.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Im looking at advanced stats from last year, Id put Ryan ahead of Wilson. Wilson was #23 overall in all positions in PFFs top players of 2012, btw, and top 6 in QBs. Football Outsiders had Seattle #1 in Team Efficiency in 2012 (up from #19 a year before) and had Wilson as the #8th ranked QB. So Wilson is up there by most metrics except Championships

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on last year, sure. Based on where you think he'll be next year? That's a opinion. If your wrong..eat crow..if your right..I told you so!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top ten QB would be

1 Rodgers (mainly because he's younger than manning/brandy and I don't know hoe long they can keep up this high level play)
2.Brandy- gets the job done when it matters (unless playing Giants)
3.Manning -the ageless wonder now that Favre is gone.
4.Brees- The man just puts the ball on target all the time, gives me nightmares. When he's on, just get out of the way.
5. Ryan-At home almost unstable but needs to improve on the road, which he did last year so I think he's going to do great this year
6 Rg3-As everyone knows has all the tools just about health.
7.Kap-Has everything but experience, and maybe a few more come from behind wins to prove he has the ability to kill. (I think he dose but have to see it before he came move up the list.)
8.Stafford-puts up on godly passing numbers but I'm not sure if that means he's great or he's just benefiting from the new offense rules that have been created.
9.Luck-Lower the amount of turnovers. Didn't get to see a lot of his games but this year I hope to be able to see him in action.
10 Wilson-Overcame more than any other rookie QB, but needs to work on getting rid of the ball, near the end of the year it felt like he was trying to make a something on every play instead of just throwing it away which cost us a few sacks. Also lowering the ball throughout the year he throw high balls that forced the WR to jump losing the ability to gain YAC.
11.Big Ben He just holds onto the ball way to long for my liking but he deserved to be mentioned
12.Dalton-again someone whose really good and deserved to be mentioned but he seems to fall flat when needed the most, I think he struggled the last few games before the playoffs and couldn't get pass the 1st round

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Kaep play a full 16 games before putting him on the top 10. I'm not sure Wilson, Luck, or RGIII have earned that yet either.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Kaep play a full 16 games before putting him on the top 10. I'm not sure Wilson, Luck, or RGIII have earned that yet either.

Who would you put in there place? I really liked Dalton and you have to give props to Big ben but I feel the young guys not only have the talent but where able to show it off too. I'm like you in that I didn't want to put them in but as I went though the NFL starting QB's I just couldn't find anyone I would replace them with, so I'd be eager to see who you'd replace them with.:yahoo:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC

1. 49ers - Yes, homering it. I think it's either going to be either SF and SEA as #1 seed. Whoever wins NFC West.
2. Packers - I Rodgers lost WRs and they don't have a running game, but the defense is healthy now.
3. Buccaneers - Yes, I know you are surprised. But I think Freeman will have a good year, Martin is very strong, and that defense is packed.
4. Redskins - RG3 will lead them back into playoffs.
5. Seahawks - NFC runner up gets this spot. Like I said, it's the homer in me that decided this one, but well aware it could be reverse.
6. Falcons - They might be the favorites, but I think this division is tougher than most people are expecting.

AFC

1. Broncos - Manning got Welker as a target. They will be #1 seed again.
2. Colts - I think Patriots really took a hit this offseason and their schedule is tougher this year.
3. Bengals - Andy Dalton will lead them to division title.
4. Patriots - They might not get the 1st round bye, but I think they will get to the AFC Championship.
5. Texans - I think the Colts will find a way to finish above them.
6. Steelers - They will lose a few games they aren't supposed to and lose the ones they are.