• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC playoffs predictions /Mark Schlereth

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top ten QB would be

1 Rodgers (mainly because he's younger than manning/brandy and I don't know hoe long they can keep up this high level play)
2.Brandy- gets the job done when it matters (unless playing Giants)
3.Manning -the ageless wonder now that Favre is gone.
4.Brees- The man just puts the ball on target all the time, gives me nightmares. When he's on, just get out of the way.
5. Ryan-At home almost unstable but needs to improve on the road, which he did last year so I think he's going to do great this year
6 Rg3-As everyone knows has all the tools just about health.
7.Kap-Has everything but experience, and maybe a few more come from behind wins to prove he has the ability to kill. (I think he dose but have to see it before he came move up the list.)
8.Stafford-puts up on godly passing numbers but I'm not sure if that means he's great or he's just benefiting from the new offense rules that have been created.
9.Luck-Lower the amount of turnovers. Didn't get to see a lot of his games but this year I hope to be able to see him in action.
10 Wilson-Overcame more than any other rookie QB, but needs to work on getting rid of the ball, near the end of the year it felt like he was trying to make a something on every play instead of just throwing it away which cost us a few sacks. Also lowering the ball throughout the year he throw high balls that forced the WR to jump losing the ability to gain YAC.
11.Big Ben He just holds onto the ball way to long for my liking but he deserved to be mentioned
12.Dalton-again someone whose really good and deserved to be mentioned but he seems to fall flat when needed the most, I think he struggled the last few games before the playoffs and couldn't get pass the 1st round

I wouldn't overlook Josh Freeman and I do find it interesting you don't have Cam Newton.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't overlook Josh Freeman and I do find it interesting you don't have Cam Newton.

Ya might have to reconsider newton, but no on Freeman. I know this is sad but I hate him.:gaah: Three years ago QB in Fantasy and he killed me.:doh: Just got me crushed and since than No to Josh Freeman. HA HA, I just can't seem to get pass it:laugh3:.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top ten QB would be

1 Rodgers (mainly because he's younger than manning/brandy and I don't know hoe long they can keep up this high level play)
2.Brandy- gets the job done when it matters (unless playing Giants)
3.Manning -the ageless wonder now that Favre is gone.
4.Brees- The man just puts the ball on target all the time, gives me nightmares. When he's on, just get out of the way.
5. Ryan-At home almost unstable but needs to improve on the road, which he did last year so I think he's going to do great this year
6 Rg3-As everyone knows has all the tools just about health.
7.Kap-Has everything but experience, and maybe a few more come from behind wins to prove he has the ability to kill. (I think he dose but have to see it before he came move up the list.)
8.Stafford-puts up on godly passing numbers but I'm not sure if that means he's great or he's just benefiting from the new offense rules that have been created.
9.Luck-Lower the amount of turnovers. Didn't get to see a lot of his games but this year I hope to be able to see him in action.
10 Wilson-Overcame more than any other rookie QB, but needs to work on getting rid of the ball, near the end of the year it felt like he was trying to make a something on every play instead of just throwing it away which cost us a few sacks. Also lowering the ball throughout the year he throw high balls that forced the WR to jump losing the ability to gain YAC.
11.Big Ben He just holds onto the ball way to long for my liking but he deserved to be mentioned
12.Dalton-again someone whose really good and deserved to be mentioned but he seems to fall flat when needed the most, I think he struggled the last few games before the playoffs and couldn't get pass the 1st round

Newton isn't top 20.

On the actual list, though, I respect it. I'm all for being optimistic on potential but calling him top 5 in the NFL already based on one season is crazy to me.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya might have to reconsider newton, but no on Freeman. I know this is sad but I hate him.:gaah: Three years ago QB in Fantasy and he killed me.:doh: Just got me crushed and since than No to Josh Freeman. HA HA, I just can't seem to get pass it:laugh3:.

Yeah, but I think he has a great team around him now. Well, overall. He's got a great running back and they got Dallas Clark. I think the D will be great. They got DeQuan Bowers, Adrian Clayborn is back. It is perfect for William Gohlston. They are a rough and tough DL. They got Dashon Gohlston from the 49ers and picked up Revis (yes, i think he will be great for them).

As long as they stay healthy, I think this could be a great year for the Buccaneers.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I think he has a great team around him now. Well, overall. He's got a great running back and they got Dallas Clark. I think the D will be great. They got DeQuan Bowers, Adrian Clayborn is back. It is perfect for William Gohlston. They are a rough and tough DL. They got Dashon Gohlston from the 49ers and picked up Revis (yes, i think he will be great for them).

As long as they stay healthy, I think this could be a great year for the Buccaneers.

I am sure his team with be great this year and be fighting for a playoff spot (which is one of the reasons why I don't have Alt making the playoffs tougher divisions this year compared to last year) but as a QB he's middle of the pact 18 or 16, not a top 10 QB. And as we know you don't need a great Qb to win the super bowl (Ravens 00's, Tampa bay 00's, Redskins with Joe Gibbs), and again I will openly admit I am biased towards him for above reasons. :gaah:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance Seattle gets the #1 seed with their schedule ......

If the Seahawks can win some of these 1pm start times and take care of business at home, then yes they can contend for a #1 seed.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance Seattle gets the #1 seed with their schedule ......

Why not? 49ers did it last year.

@ GB W
vs DET W
at MIN L
at NYJ W
vs SEA W
at ARI W
vs STL T
vs CHI W
at NO W
at STL L
vs MIA W
at NE W
at SEA L
vs ARI W

Now they faced @Green Bay, @Seattle, vs Seattle, @Saints, @Patriots, and Detroit (who was playing very hot in the start of the season). Who would have expected them to be 1st seed with a schedule like that?

I don't think it's that crazy to believe the Seahawks could be #1 seed.

CortezTheKilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, I'll give this a shot.

NFC
1. Seattle
2. Green Bay
3. Washington
4. Atlanta
5. San Francisco
6. Saints/Giants/Bears/Rams

AFC
1. Denver
2. New England
3. Cincinnati
4. Houston
5. Baltimore
6. Miami

Sorry for the 4-way tie for 6th in the NFC, I'm just not sure who's going to win that last wild card spot between many talented teams...NFC is stacked, and a good team or 2 will miss the playoffs. I chose the Hawks over the 9ers since I think they will be the better overall team, good enough to overcome having the similar, but tougher (road/home wise) schedule. I would have chose either NFC West team as the 1 seed, since I think both teams have the possibility of winning 3 of 4 against both the AFC and NFC South in cross-division games. I feel similar about the Packers vs the NFC East/AFC North. Washington gets to play the weak AFC West, and even if RG4 misses time they still have the best option at backup in the division, which in the end will give them a better overall record than the Falcons, who have a tough schedule and statisically won't win as high a percentage of close games this year, especially having to replace both corners on a team that already struggled holding leads against the pass. I see San Fran as the obvious 5 with a 2-3 seed type record, and the last spot being a mad dash between quite a few talented runners-up.

In the AFC, Denver will have the #1 seed with a cake division, and similar reasons for Patriots at #2. I've got Cincinnati winning the North, as I expect the Ravens to step back, and think the Bengals are better than the aging Steelers. Houston is at 4 as the best team in the South, Baltimore at 5 since I see them as the best of the wild card contenders. Going with Miami at 6 as the last spot, since I think they have the easiest schedule of the remaining contenders, though the Chiefs and Colts will be in the hunt, though ultimately missing out.

Playoffs

6 New Orleans
(Saints on the tiebreaker!) vs 3 Washington
5 San Francisco vs 4 Atlanta

6 Miami vs 3 Cincinnati
5 Baltimore vs 4 Houston

Divisional

6 New Orleans vs 1 Seattle
5 San Francisco
vs 2 Green Bay

4 Houston vs 1 Denver
3 Cincinnati vs 2 New England

Championship

5 San Francisco vs 1 Seattle
2 New England
vs 1 Denver

Setting up some smack talk from Richard Sherman reliving last years taunting of Tom Brady during the media sessions leading up to the Super Bowl, which is bound to be entertaining for all involved. Hopefully Sherman can back it up on the field and bring home the Lombardi, but there's no home field advantage for the Super Bowl so it's too tough to pick this one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, I'll give this a shot.

NFC
1. Seattle
2. Green Bay
3. Washington
4. Atlanta
5. San Francisco
6. Saints/Giants/Bears/Rams

AFC
1. Denver
2. New England
3. Cincinnati
4. Houston
5. Baltimore
6. Miami

Sorry for the 4-way tie for 6th in the NFC, I'm just not sure who's going to win that last wild card spot between many talented teams...NFC is stacked, and a good team or 2 will miss the playoffs. I chose the Hawks over the 9ers since I think they will be the better overall team, good enough to overcome having the similar, but tougher (road/home wise) schedule. I would have chose either NFC West team as the 1 seed, since I think both teams have the possibility of winning 3 of 4 against both the AFC and NFC South in cross-division games. I feel similar about the Packers vs the NFC East/AFC North. Washington gets to play the weak AFC West, and even if RG4 misses time they still have the best option at backup in the division, which in the end will give them a better overall record than the Falcons, who have a tough schedule and statisically won't win as high a percentage of close games this year, especially having to replace both corners on a team that already struggled holding leads against the pass. I see San Fran as the obvious 5 with a 2-3 seed type record, and the last spot being a mad dash between quite a few talented runners-up.

In the AFC, Denver will have the #1 seed with a cake division, and similar reasons for Patriots at #2. I've got Cincinnati winning the North, as I expect the Ravens to step back, and think the Bengals are better than the aging Steelers. Houston is at 4 as the best team in the South, Baltimore at 5 since I see them as the best of the wild card contenders. Going with Miami at 6 as the last spot, since I think they have the easiest schedule of the remaining contenders, though the Chiefs and Colts will be in the hunt, though ultimately missing out.

Playoffs

6 New Orleans
(Saints on the tiebreaker!) vs 3 Washington
5 San Francisco vs 4 Atlanta

6 Miami vs 3 Cincinnati
5 Baltimore vs 4 Houston

Divisional

6 New Orleans vs 1 Seattle
5 San Francisco
vs 2 Green Bay

4 Houston vs 1 Denver
3 Cincinnati vs 2 New England

Championship

5 San Francisco vs 1 Seattle
2 New England
vs 1 Denver

Setting up some smack talk from Richard Sherman reliving last years taunting of Tom Brady during the media sessions leading up to the Super Bowl, which is bound to be entertaining for all involved. Hopefully Sherman can back it up on the field and bring home the Lombardi, but there's no home field advantage for the Super Bowl so it's too tough to pick this one.

I was with you until Pats beating the Bronco's. Do not see the Pats in the Superbowl. Hey kudo's for going out of the box on the Dolphins. Do not agree but hey some team no one expect will arrive in the playoffs.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some very interesting thoughts. Here are mine:

NFC

Redskins - if RGIII is healthy
49ers
Seahawks
Vikings
Falcons
Saints - will do great now that the HC is back

AFC

Dolphins (NE is done)
Denver - Powerhouse
Ravens - Sacko Flacco won't repeat
Steelers - Younger players and better backup QB's
Colts - going strong
Texans - will fall apart in playoffs

Super Bowl: Steelers vs. Saints - Steelers win

Some notable teams: Chiefs will have a better team with many new additions, but will miss playoffs, Cincy's QB just won't be able to get it done with his new weapons, Giants will miss playoffs as will the cowboys, Cutler is trying to renew his contract and has something to prove, but again will miss games, and Packers just can't seem to get enough wins.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are always fun to do during the offseason.

NFC

1. Seattle
2. Green Bay
3. Atlanta
4. Washington
5. San Fran
6. New Orleans

AFC

1. Denver
2. Houston
3. New England
4. Baltimore
5. Cinncy
6. Miami

I've been thinking about this and I think Miami now takes the division and the 4th seed while NE drops to 6th. I think I've been underestimating Cinncy so with there improvements they take the division and the 3rd seed and Baltimore gets the 5th seed.

Hothvictim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is as follows

NFC

1. Green Bay
2. Seattle
3. Atlanta
4. Washington
5. San Francisco
6. New York

AFC

1. Denver
2. Houston
3. New England
4. Cincinnati
5. Baltimore
6. Miami

I would have went with another team from the NFC South like Tampa Bay or New Orleans but I just think that with them having to play 4 games against the NFC West, their record is going to suffer and will cost them a spot in the playoffs.

I think that Seattle will win the division but not the overall conference record mainly because of the tough games we have to play on the road against tough playoff caliber teams.

ThroatYogurt4You

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC

1. Seattle
2. Green Bay
3. New Orleans
4. NY Giants
5. San Francisco
6. Atlanta

AFC

1. Denver
2. Cinci
3. New England
4. Houston
5. Pittsburgh
6. Miami

Bengals losing to the Hawks in the SB

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I think of the 49'ers and Seahawks...

This Bass line starts thumping in my mind....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpn8MANhdLU]QUEEN & DAVID BOWIE: Under Pressure - YouTube[/ame]

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever I think of the 49'ers and Seahawks...

This Bass line starts thumping in my mind....

QUEEN & DAVID BOWIE:

Thinking of 1 queer is enough but you're thinking of 2? :wtf2:

Until we win a SB, this is what I think of when I think of the 2013 Hawks. (Sticking with your
tribute to homo(s). Not creative but hey, it's only 1...

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always been a big fan of ACDC... This is another song that is 2013 Hawk ready..

:10: :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahah... I wasn't really going with the "queer" aspect of it, as much as I was about the title of the song :)

Both of those teams have a TON of Pressure on them this year. I wonder who is going to handle it best ?

Week 2 is going to be nasty !

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahah... I wasn't really going with the "queer" aspect of it, as much as I was about the title of the song :)

Both of those teams have a TON of Pressure on them this year. I wonder who is going to handle it best ?

Week 2 is going to be nasty !

I knew what you meant with the pressure, considering the expectations. I just had to bust your
ballz with the 2 queer comment because those are the singers that came to your mind... Really?

:ss:

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually... to be really honest, I knew it was David Bowie.. but had no idea that was actually a Queen song... How could I have not known that ?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually... to be really honest, I knew it was David Bowie.. but had no idea that was actually a Queen song... How could I have not known that ?

It was a Bowie song that Mercury said let's perform a duet version, Davie.. Same trash that Bowie would do hangin' out with Mick Jagger.

I just received a good STL book with stories from Forsch from 1974-1988. Good stuff. It brought back childhood memories that were slightly vague. Here's an example:

I remember when I was 5, my grandpa took me to a weekend series vs the Expos and all I re-call
was a brawl on Saturday and vividly remember Reggie Smith taking out the lineup card the next day
and another fight insued at home plate. Forsch went through the story in detail and I was like, sweet
Forschy described the weekend in detail on Brock sliding in hard at Foli and a fight broke out at 2nd.

The benches cleared, Reggie got cut and then he took out the lineup card the next day and we
were right on top of the dugout and saw Reggie punching the Expo coach. It was vague all these years on what happened and why.

Great stories about all the STL studs and situations.... I have more STL memoriabilia because I get
something annually.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 30