• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East thoughts

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we forgot the eagles:whistle:

:laugh3:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had defenses not been so concerned with RGIII runnig the ball they'd had giving more attention to Morris especialy on running plays. Maybe I'm wrong and Morris would have been the same guy without RGII, I mean every team were tripping over themselves to draft him.

Truth is my thoughts are just my thoughts, I have nothing more than my beliefes to support my argument, but then again I can say the same for you and your thoughts. However in the game that RGIII didn't start Morris had his 2nd lowest YPA game. Small Sample? Yes, but I can point to that as evidence that would suport my views.

Good point Manster. But you kinda left out the fact that when the Browns "contained" Morris, Cousins threw for 330 yards and 2 TDs with one INT and a QB rating of 140.4. So yes I will agree that RG3 helped out Morris to a degree. But if schemes are put into place to limit Morris, I think our passing game improves. Ya cant put eight in the box without exposing your DBs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Manster. But you kinda left out the fact that when the Browns "contained" Morris, Cousins threw for 330 yards and 2 TDs with one INT and a QB rating of 140.4. So yes I will agree that RG3 helped out Morris to a degree. But if schemes are put into place to limit Morris, I think our passing game improves. Ya cant put eight in the box without exposing your DBs.

Yes is the defense has to scheme to stop a RB it will help the passing game, now I won't even try to say if the Browns schemed one way or another in regards to Morris, all I'm saying is RGIII wen't a long way in making Morris' job easier.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes is the defense has to scheme to stop a RB it will help the passing game, now I won't even try to say if the Browns schemed one way or another in regards to Morris, all I'm saying is RGIII wen't a long way in making Morris' job easier.

Agree to a point. But i also think, if Morris would have been replaced by a lesser back, teams would have been teeing off on RG3 alot more than they tried to. I think they compliment each other. And if you can still find it some place, I would contend that the Browns were scheming to stop Morris, because they didnt think he could hurt them without RG3, and they had little respect for Cousins. their mistake.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care who wins the division because none of these teams are good enough to seriously contend for the SB. I just hope Chip Kelly is the real deal and can get this team back on track and maybe we can be SB contenders in a couple years.

By the way, we have this sports radio station here in Philly (WIP), and there is this one guy that calls up named "Cowboy Dave". Obviously he is a Cowboys fan. All last year he had fun calling up the station and gloating/talking shit about the Eagles and their horrible season, but funny thing happened today...... He actually called up today and said that he thinks the Eagles are gonna shock everyone and go 11-5. Honestly, I think he is on crack, but dude must really believe it to say it. If you guys heard this guy, you would know he just loves to talk shit about the Eagles. I am sure he likes to talk shit about the other NFC East teams too, but since he is calling a Philly sports radio station, that is who he is always trashing.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read option isn't a set. They run read option out of every formation.
I was gonna bring up your point on why the read option is so hard to defend against Wash. (see some of us pay attention) but you beat me to it.
Now I don't know if Morris is stud on his own or only benefits because of RGIII, but what I do know is RGIII is the reason he did as well as he did. Teams always have to worry about the read option. Whether it is used or not.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. RG3 on the field makes the defense hesitate. And it makes it very difficult to pursue. RG3 definitely opened up holes that normally wouldn't be as big, because the backside help has to stay where they are just in case on every play.

That in combo with Morris and what he was able to do opened up the best play action passing in the NFL last year. RG3 probably already has the best play action fake in the league. Part of that is the effectiveness of both he and Morris obviously, but the way he sells it is also on a different level.

Everything together in unison, is extremely difficult on a defense. Even the offensive line makes it difficult to read, because on a lot of pass plays they will run action. Meaning they'll do play action fakes and the offensive line sells it buy run blocking, and that makes the linebackers and safeties bite even harder. Defensive ends have to hesitate before rushing which gives RG3 more time, and if it's a run they don't know who to chase and by the time they know it's too late in most cases.

I'm sure teams will come up with some ways to slow it down. Like corner blitzes for example. But when they do that it just opens up something else for the offense to attack. Teams started doing that last year which is why the Redskins added quick slants and quick hitting swing passes to the read option game.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. RG3 on the field makes the defense hesitate. And it makes it very difficult to pursue. RG3 definitely opened up holes that normally wouldn't be as big, because the backside help has to stay where they are just in case on every play.

That in combo with Morris and what he was able to do opened up the best play action passing in the NFL last year. RG3 probably already has the best play action fake in the league. Part of that is the effectiveness of both he and Morris obviously, but the way he sells it is also on a different level.

Everything together in unison, is extremely difficult on a defense. Even the offensive line makes it difficult to read, because on a lot of pass plays they will run action. Meaning they'll do play action fakes and the offensive line sells it buy run blocking, and that makes the linebackers and safeties bite even harder. Defensive ends have to hesitate before rushing which gives RG3 more time, and if it's a run they don't know who to chase and by the time they know it's too late in most cases.

I'm sure teams will come up with some ways to slow it down. Like corner blitzes for example. But when they do that it just opens up something else for the offense to attack. Teams started doing that last year which is why the Redskins added quick slants and quick hitting swing passes to the read option game.

I think teams were trying those types of blitzes..... and RG3 would just out run them. LOL IMO he's more dangerous than Vick. Not much size difference or speed difference... But RG3 is accurate. Vick reminds me of Jeff George with fast legs. Can only through the deep balls and sucks monkey nuts on anything short.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said .... Alot of thinks alike with the two..... which isn't good. Both undersized to be NFL Qbs. And I don't think Vick has ever had a full season healthy.
And like Vick in ATL... Think the DVD combination led the league in rushing. So they both help the running game.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their athletic ability is about the only thing they have in common IMO. They are very different people. RG3 seems a hell of a lot smarter and capable of learning from his mistakes than Vick. how long his career lasts will really depend on what measures he starts taking to keep healthy. Getting out of bounds, sliding and throwing the ball away. I think he knows now that he could have prevented the hit that put him in this current situation. Hopefully that will show on the field.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me I watched Vick through college..... I never thought he was a NFL caliber Qb.

He was a 50% completion guy at Va Tech ( my college team)

Was just saying.. they make their teams better is some of the same ways.
I do think RG3 is better than Vick though.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is* damn typos .... and not just better.... ALOT better. More accurate, smarter, better team player, and damn sure a better human being.
I usually root for ACC guys at the pro level..... Vick has always been a spoiled ass thug and a total piece of shit as a human being.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me I watched Vick through college..... I never thought he was a NFL caliber Qb.

He was a 50% completion guy at Va Tech ( my college team)

Was just saying.. they make their teams better is some of the same ways.
I do think RG3 is better than Vick though.

There's a vibrant VT community here. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man ... will do

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could he have avoided that injury? Didn't he get hit while in the pocket by Nata? I'm not sure....I thought that was the case though. This guy is an awesome talent but the fact of the matter is the only other guy on the field that is expected to get hit more than the QB is the RB and with 2 ACL injures to the same knee...it's hard to see this guy not having a similar injury career to Vick as far as games missed.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could he have avoided that injury? Didn't he get hit while in the pocket by Nata? I'm not sure....I thought that was the case though. This guy is an awesome talent but the fact of the matter is the only other guy on the field that is expected to get hit more than the QB is the RB and with 2 ACL injures to the same knee...it's hard to see this guy not having a similar injury career to Vick as far as games missed.

He was scrambling on a broken down pass play. Picked up a bunch of yards, and instead of sliding, kind of dove head first, leg went up in the air, and Ngata slammed into it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was scrambling on a broken down pass play. Picked up a bunch of yards, and instead of sliding, kind of dove head first, leg went up in the air, and Ngata slammed into it.
I think that this year he might realize when he leaves the pocket he is a target for big hits unless he slides. If he doesn't he wont last the whole year. You know those defensive guys see a QB under RB rules want to lower the boom on them.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this year he might realize when he leaves the pocket he is a target for big hits unless he slides. If he doesn't he wont last the whole year. You know those defensive guys see a QB under RB rules want to lower the boom on them.

Yep, slide, get ob, throw it away. He needs to improve on all of these things.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bottom line. If he has learned from his mistakes, he likely becomes a much more dangerous player. Take out the injuries and you have a smart, accurate, dynamic QB who didnt turn the ball over alot and became a team leader.

If he keeps playing like he cant gut hurt, and continues to get hurt... Hes basically Mike Vick with a passing game.

Die Hard Skins fan, but I can freely admit that Im not sold that he will protect himself better until I SEE him protecting himself better.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, slide, get ob, throw it away. He needs to improve on all of these things.

No he doesn't he should be a man and take the big hit

LMAO .... you know that was a pun ..... as a Cowboys fan I hope like hell he don't learn to do those things