• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East thoughts

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just takes one bad apple. You have Pday to thank. Up until he showed up the thread was respectful from all sides.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastbay, no one snitched on you, the mod was monitoring you and said he warned you but you ignored him. They aren't going to put up with your shit you pulled at espn. As long as you keep it to football or keep you shit talking to the defined threads defined for that, you will be safe. My guess is you won't be able to, so I expect we won't be seeing you for long. Btw, reptec got banned for the same thing, so they weren't just after you.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastbay, no one snitched on you, the mod was monitoring you and said he warned you but you ignored him. They aren't going to put up with your shit you pulled at espn. As long as you keep it to football or keep you shit talking to the defined threads defined for that, you will be safe. My guess is you won't be able to, so I expect we won't be seeing you for long. Btw, reptec got banned for the same thing, so they weren't just after you.

Perfect example of dry snitching, you came out of your way to the Dallas Cowboys to find me. I am like Mike, just leave ne ALONE!!:drama:

#Can't live with me, Can't live without me! :noidea:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Skins run game did better than it would had another Qb been back there.
RG3 was unreal as a rookie... and teams flat out feared him. They played to stop him and not the Rb.
Offseason is what it is .. coaches will have time to study the film. I don't think they will run as good this year as last but Shanny can put a running game on the field. He always has.
Question to me when it comes to the Skins is their O-line, receivers, and health of RG3
You know what they say about 3 strikes..... Now I'm not counting them out..... But I'm not going to pencil them in as any better than the Cowboys or Giants either

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Skins run game did better than it would had another Qb been back there.
RG3 was unreal as a rookie... and teams flat out feared him. They played to stop him and not the Rb.
Offseason is what it is .. coaches will have time to study the film. I don't think they will run as good this year as last but Shanny can put a running game on the field. He always has.
Question to me when it comes to the Skins is their O-line, receivers, and health of RG3
You know what they say about 3 strikes..... Now I'm not counting them out..... But I'm not going to pencil them in as any better than the Cowboys or Giants either

Pretty much what I'm thinking. I don't think there is a clear cut favorite in the division.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree with this, either. One point I will make. While I do Agee that rg3 helped Morris, Morris also had over 1200 yds rushing on non read option plays. These were just straight runs, no direct threat of rg3 keeping it. So the guy can run the ball and he is perfect for shanahan's scheme.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example of dry snitching, you came out of your way to the Dallas Cowboys to find me. I am like Mike, just leave ne ALONE!!:drama:

#Can't live with me, Can't live without me! :noidea:

Get it all out, east b ay, you probably don't have much time.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with this, either. One point I will make. While I do Agee that rg3 helped Morris, Morris also had over 1200 yds rushing on non read option plays. These were just straight runs, no direct threat of rg3 keeping it. So the guy can run the ball and he is perfect for shanahan's scheme.

Defenses still had to think about the Read Option (RO) before the snap of the ball, thus helping Morris' running every time he got the ball. Maybe I'm wrong but I think defenses will be better against all aspect of the Read Option this year now that they have a full off season to coach against it. Not saying the RO is dead already but I don't think it will be as successful as last year.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses still had to think about the Read Option (RO) before the snap of the ball

Not if they're lined up in a traditional set.

Which is what that article/stat is pointing to.

The point is, on those plays where he gained over 1200 yards, there was no threat of a read option.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just takes one bad apple. You have Pday to thank. Up until he showed up the thread was respectful from all sides.

what a cry baby you are. I don't recall anything said with warpath. You must be bu tt hurt feelings from another board. Shame on you for not checking your issues at the door, but hey....you have something in common with the gmen's fan. How pathetic you are.

You've been nothing BUT a pom pom waving pig nose wannabe since this thread started. ONLY AN IDIOT would say the Rams didn't make out. I slammed an idiot and it sounds like I've done it many times under different names.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a cry baby you are

You must be bu tt hurt feelings from another board.

Says the one who is still ranting and raving about something I (apparently) did to him in 2004 on ESPN.

Oh, the irony.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The point is, on those plays where he gained over 1200 yards, there was no threat of a read option.

Read option isn't a set. They run read option out of every formation.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning that teams can't tell whether they are going to run read option or not based on how the Redskins are lined up. They run it out of the pistol. They run it when RG3 is behind center. There's no way to distinguish a read option play from a regular play until after the ball is snapped.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people get confused when they watch the Redskins because they don't know the difference between a read option, regular play run out of the pistol or a typical hand off.

Whether it was read option or not, the backside linebacker couldn't commit to pursuit of Morris because of the threat that RG3 would take off the other direction. It opens up lanes that wouldn't ordinarily be available. And that had it's effect on the defense whether it was a read option play or a standard hand off. Teams had to account for that until they actually saw the ball out of RG3's hands. And people also forget about the passing element to the read option. They ran a lot of bubble screens and quick slants as part of the read option. RG3 would have the ability to pass the ball on these plays based on what he saw from the defense pre and post snap.

If you don't think that this had a big effect on what Morris was able to do, then you really don't know what you're talking about.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even in a traditional set RGIII is still a threat to run. Is he not? You don't think defenses were so concerned with with the POSSIBILITY of RGIII runnig the ball that that made Morris a secondary concern? I'd wager that without RGIII as the Skins QB the running game would have been average at best.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in a traditional set RGIII is still a threat to run. Is he not? You don't think defenses were so concerned with with the POSSIBILITY of RGIII runnig the ball that that made Morris a secondary concern? I'd wager that without RGIII as the Skins QB the running game would have been average at best.
I'm not so sure manster. There O-Line is made for running the football, they can't pass protect to save their asses but they can run block with the best of them. 1st in the league in rushing without griffin? Probably not but top 5-10 I would bet yes

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is a good QB. Has all the stats to be top 5 every year. With the talent that he has around him he Should. With that being said, I get beat up all the time with I bring Marino's name up for one of the top 3 all time. Best Stats, Won Playoff Games, but could not get the big one. Everyone says time will tell and people want to bring up Ryan Leaf, Kijanna Carter, Jamarcus Russel, into the conversation. He has won more then them now and has done so much more. RGIII was said to have one of the worst receiving core around him last year and lost Garcon for 6 games and most of 2 others, and had the stats that he did. At the end of this year, this thread will be worthless and the real stats and victories will be the proving ground.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the Giants season... you know how everyother year they are good!!!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure manster. There O-Line is made for running the football, they can't pass protect to save their asses but they can run block with the best of them. 1st in the league in rushing without griffin? Probably not but top 5-10 I would bet yes
Had defenses not been so concerned with RGIII runnig the ball they'd had giving more attention to Morris especialy on running plays. Maybe I'm wrong and Morris would have been the same guy without RGII, I mean every team were tripping over themselves to draft him.

Truth is my thoughts are just my thoughts, I have nothing more than my beliefes to support my argument, but then again I can say the same for you and your thoughts. However in the game that RGIII didn't start Morris had his 2nd lowest YPA game. Small Sample? Yes, but I can point to that as evidence that would suport my views.