• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East thoughts

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see what the Cowboy's cap is like and who they are able to keep.

RG3 was medically cleared today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garçon is absolutely a number one, the cowboys will struggle in their new scheme, the redskins rb corps is head and shoulders better than the cowboys, who apparently are switching schemes here too, the redskins lb's = cowboys lb's, and most importantly, you have a proven loser at qb, and the redskins have a proven winner at qb.

The cowboys have exactly ONE lb I'd want on the redskins ( Ware), and while Bryant is good, he also is quite inmature. I wouldn't take Choko or witten, certainly not an oft-injured miles Austin, and spencer is not as good as Orakpo.

The cowboys are a third place team.

1.) Ware plays DE
2.) Lee and Carter are better than any LB's the skins have.
3.) You can be mature and still be a crap ass player. With that being said Dez is maturing and even with his youth and lack of maturity as you would say he is a top 5 WR.
4.) Orakpo is Anthony Spencer to the T. Both players have one, that's right just one double digit sack season, which oddly enough is both 11 sacks for them. Orakpo is a name nothing more.
5.) Oft-injured players the skins are full of, so I would not be so quick to talk about Miles and his injuries. Who btw last year in a down year put up the the same numbers that your number one Garcon put up in his best season which btw was under 1,000 yards.
6.) Witten lol are you serious no need to say anything here as your team has never in its history had a TE as good as him.
7.) Finally as for Romo well RG3 and he have won the same exact thing in their careers, absolutely nothing at all. So before you talk make sure your proven winner has actually won a title which would prove that he is a winner. Or wait is making the playoffs validation for a winner now, or is it winning SB's, or wait is it playing in a 2nd hand College Bowl? Because to be honest I thought you played to win national championships and super bowls, and anything less was not that of a winner, or were you taught that achieving success was based upon winning the leftovers and achieving midlevel goals?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Ware plays DE
2.) Lee and Carter are better than any LB's the skins have.
3.) You can be mature and still be a crap ass player. With that being said Dez is maturing and even with his youth and lack of maturity as you would say he is a top 5 WR.
4.) Orakpo is Anthony Spencer to the T. Both players have one, that's right just one double digit sack season, which oddly enough is both 11 sacks for them. Orakpo is a name nothing more.
5.) Oft-injured players the skins are full of, so I would not be so quick to talk about Miles and his injuries. Who btw last year in a down year put up the the same numbers that your number one Garcon put up in his best season which btw was under 1,000 yards.
6.) Witten lol are you serious no need to say anything here as your team has never in its history had a TE as good as him.
7.) Finally as for Romo well RG3 and he have won the same exact thing in their careers, absolutely nothing at all. So before you talk make sure your proven winner has actually won a title which would prove that he is a winner. Or wait is making the playoffs validation for a winner now, or is it winning SB's, or wait is it playing in a 2nd hand College Bowl? Because to be honest I thought you played to win national championships and super bowls, and anything less was not that of a winner, or were you taught that achieving success was based upon winning the leftovers and achieving midlevel goals?

Lee is as good as any ILB that the skins have, Carter is not even as good as Riley. Riley is a stud and should have been in consideration for the PB last year.

Jury is still out on Orakpo. You might be right, you might be wrong. We will know for certain after this year.

I'd take garçon over miles any day. They both get injured, but Garcon is tougher to bring down and is a GREAT downfield blocker. Miles probably is a better deep threat.

You're right, neither QB has acheived anything yet that really matters. However, Romo has had 7-8 years. If you had a choice today to take either one, you telling me you wouldn't take a 23 year old RG3 with huge upside vs a 33 year old Romo who has proven what he can (and cannot do)?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with jy19.

And while both Spencer and Rak have only had one season with double digit sacks, there are two things to consider.

1 - Rak has been much more consistent and closer to getting double digit sacks in years when he hasn't done it.

2 - Rak has done it while being THE guy. The player getting the double teams and attention. Where Spencer is the OTHER guy who benefits from Ware playing on the other side, Ware being THE guy who draws double teams.

It's not a good comparison. Rak was on a much better track his first few years in the league to earn his name. Where Spencer has really only had one good year. Better to look at the full picture.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with jy19.

And while both Spencer and Rak have only had one season with double digit sacks, there are two things to consider.

1 - Rak has been much more consistent and closer to getting double digit sacks in years when he hasn't done it.

2 - Rak has done it while being THE guy. The player getting the double teams and attention. Where Spencer is the OTHER guy who benefits from Ware playing on the other side, Ware being THE guy who draws double teams.

It's not a good comparison. Rak was on a much better track his first few years in the league to earn his name. Where Spencer has really only had one good year. Better to look at the full picture.

Speaking of looking at the full picture, Spencer is one of the best in the NFL against the run as well........:clap:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with jy19.

Lets look at the big picture than, Spencer is far better at the run than Orakpo. Since Orakpo's rookie season when he posted his career high of 11 sacks he has had less sacks each year since then, while Spencer has improved each of the last 3 seasons. Finally Rak has been good but not great while being THE guy, while if you are truly THAT guy you would be great doing it. Ask Ware about being THAT GUY!

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you... Rak needs to be special this year or he can head to FA next year for all I care.
I know he's been injured but he does need to be THE GUY! Couldn't have said it better myself

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is as good as any ILB that the skins have, Carter is not even as good as Riley. Riley is a stud and should have been in consideration for the PB last year.

Jury is still out on Orakpo. You might be right, you might be wrong. We will know for certain after this year.

I'd take garçon over miles any day. They both get injured, but Garcon is tougher to bring down and is a GREAT downfield blocker. Miles probably is a better deep threat.

You're right, neither QB has acheived anything yet that really matters. However, Romo has had 7-8 years. If you had a choice today to take either one, you telling me you wouldn't take a 23 year old RG3 with huge upside vs a 33 year old Romo who has proven what he can (and cannot do)?

One of Miles best qualities is his ability to break tackles, while as of lately his hammies have been an issue don't forget this. I'd take an injured Miles over Garcon anyday, because stats have proven even hurt Miles is as good as Garcon is when healthy and when healthy Miles is far better.

Potential means nothing, ask Ryan Leaf, Kijanna Carter, Jamarcus Russel, etc. I'll go with a proven talent over a talented player with potential all day. In madden I would trade Romo for RG3 everyday, RG3 might even turn out to be better one day, but let me ask you this, if Romo wins a SB do you think that as with Flacco and Eli that he won't be a elite qb or top 5? I would dare you to bet against me that ESPN would not be so hard on Romo's jock if he won a SB, that they would say he is a top 5 QB etc. etc. Give the RG3 hype 3-4 years and if he does not win anything during that span the media will not be talking about how great of a QB he is but rather how the Skins gave up their future for a QB that could not get the job done, that they should have made Cousin's their qb, or that they could have drafted Wilson and kept their picks. Just wait, time is the great equalizer I promise.

And last but not least, Orakpo has played 4 seasons, injured or not this past season, he is what he is, and that is not elite, he is a good player, nothing wrong with that; but we have to face the fact that he is what he is.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's Dallas and the GMen and washington will have their hands full with philly for 3rd place.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's Dallas and the GMen and washington will have their hands full with philly for 3rd place.

What it do, Pay Day? :suds: That would be the Shit! :drool:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of Miles best qualities is his ability to break tackles, while as of lately his hammies have been an issue don't forget this. I'd take an injured Miles over Garcon anyday, because stats have proven even hurt Miles is as good as Garcon is when healthy and when healthy Miles is far better.

Potential means nothing, ask Ryan Leaf, Kijanna Carter, Jamarcus Russel, etc. I'll go with a proven talent over a talented player with potential all day. In madden I would trade Romo for RG3 everyday, RG3 might even turn out to be better one day, but let me ask you this, if Romo wins a SB do you think that as with Flacco and Eli that he won't be a elite qb or top 5? I would dare you to bet against me that ESPN would not be so hard on Romo's jock if he won a SB, that they would say he is a top 5 QB etc. etc. Give the RG3 hype 3-4 years and if he does not win anything during that span the media will not be talking about how great of a QB he is but rather how the Skins gave up their future for a QB that could not get the job done, that they should have made Cousin's their qb, or that they could have drafted Wilson and kept their picks. Just wait, time is the great equalizer I promise.

And last but not least, Orakpo has played 4 seasons, injured or not this past season, he is what he is, and that is not elite, he is a good player, nothing wrong with that; but we have to face the fact that he is what he is.

We disagree on Garcon/Miles. We'll each keep our own and see how the year plays out.

I might also take Romo in Madden. But I wouldn't take him over RG3 in the real world in any situation. You state he is a proven talent. Proven at what? As you stated earlier, what has he really achieved? He's going to be 33 and is entering the backside of his career. One of his greatest assets is his ability to elude and make a play. As he enters his twilight, this skill will diminish. It may be this year, it may be 3 years from now. But once that ability goes, his game goes. If he does win a SB, yes, he will be held up as an elite QB. That's the nature of the game. Just like Flacco. Personally, I think Flacco is a fine QB, but he is not elite. The big difference between RG3 and Romo, in my opinion, is that RG3 took a terrible redskins team and put them on his back and carried them to the playoffs. On one leg. I just don't see Romo having the ability to be the one to carry his team to victory. He needs support around him. RG3 makes everyone else around him better. I know some will point to Morris, but in reality, RG3 helped Morris become the success he is, not the other way around.

As far as Rak, remember, he's been injured the last 2 years, and missed most of those seasons. But you could be right. He may never be elite, just a good player. This has to be his break out year. If he doesn't do it this year, he probably never will.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,157.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We disagree on Garcon/Miles. We'll each keep our own and see how the year plays out.

I might also take Romo in Madden. But I wouldn't take him over RG3 in the real world in any situation. You state he is a proven talent. Proven at what? As you stated earlier, what has he really achieved? He's going to be 33 and is entering the backside of his career. One of his greatest assets is his ability to elude and make a play. As he enters his twilight, this skill will diminish. It may be this year, it may be 3 years from now. But once that ability goes, his game goes. If he does win a SB, yes, he will be held up as an elite QB. That's the nature of the game. Just like Flacco. Personally, I think Flacco is a fine QB, but he is not elite. The big difference between RG3 and Romo, in my opinion, is that RG3 took a terrible redskins team and put them on his back and carried them to the playoffs. On one leg. I just don't see Romo having the ability to be the one to carry his team to victory. He needs support around him. RG3 makes everyone else around him better. I know some will point to Morris, but in reality, RG3 helped Morris become the success he is, not the other way around.

As far as Rak, remember, he's been injured the last 2 years, and missed most of those seasons. But you could be right. He may never be elite, just a good player. This has to be his break out year. If he doesn't do it this year, he probably never will.
thought about debating many of your points, but just don't feel like making a post that long right now. I will say this. the one thing I agree with taking RGIII (long term) over Romo is the 10 yr age difference. A lot of the rest I would debate

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is out for the season, next man up...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,157.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is out for the season, next man up...
& he cant be put on IR until we get down to the 75 man limit. So you wont hear about him hitting IR until then.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
& he cant be put on IR until we get down to the 75 man limit. So you wont hear about him hitting IR until then.

They don't plan on replacing his spot until then

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look at the big picture than, Spencer is far better at the run than Orakpo. Since Orakpo's rookie season when he posted his career high of 11 sacks he has had less sacks each year since then, while Spencer has improved each of the last 3 seasons. Finally Rak has been good but not great while being THE guy, while if you are truly THAT guy you would be great doing it. Ask Ware about being THAT GUY!

I was responding directly to a comment where the post compared them as pass rushers. Orakpo has been the better pass rusher. Other than last year when he was injured the first game of the season.

I wasn't saying he is great. Just a better pass rusher than Spencer. Just compare sacks vs. games played.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo is top 5 all time in passer rating.

Griffin didn't carry the whole team on his back... he had the #2 rusher in the NFL for christ's sake. A guy who rushed for over 1600 yards (normally good enough to be the #1 rusher in the NFL) at nearly 5 yards a clip.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins are a tough call. No doubt RG3 changed the team. Their run game was beyond impressive as he and Morris perfectly complemented one another. However, is RG3's knee going to hold up? If so, have other teams figured out ways to gameplan around him? Cam Newton certainly took a hit in year 2. I'm not sure how to rate them just yet.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins definitely got a great young player in Griffin, but they will still be paying for him next year. Not having a number one pick this year or next is still a high price, and its going to effect the way they have to build around him. Even as a Cowboys fan, I hope the kid stays injury free the rest of his career, but if his knee doesn't hold up, the Skins could be bad for a while. Five years from now, the Rams may be the ones setting pretty