• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East thoughts

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it has, all you need to do is win the games your supposed to win. That's what good teams do.

So far this year, they've beaten every NFC East team they've faced. I fail to see how it's being gift-wrapped to them. They took control of the division on their own, nobody gave them anything up to this point. And with all the injuries the Cowboys have, it's hard to say they should win the division at this point. I know teams should be able to overcome injuries, but the Cowboys have had way too many up to this point. Now Dez is even hurt and it could be a long-term problem. We don't have an Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, or Tom Brady that can carry a team full of waiver players to the playoffs.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this year, they've beaten every NFC East team they've faced. I fail to see how it's being gift-wrapped to them. They took control of the division on their own, nobody gave them anything up to this point. And with all the injuries the Cowboys have, it's hard to say they should win the division at this point. I know teams should be able to overcome injuries, but the Cowboys have had way too many up to this point. Now Dez is even hurt and it could be a long-term problem. We don't have an Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, or Tom Brady that can carry a team full of waiver players to the playoffs.

I'm pointing out that the other teams in this division have not won the games they should, and that only helps the Boys. Thus, you hold the division in your hands. That's all you can ask for in any season. That is all.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't expect Bovey to show up until the Cowboys are eliminated from contention.

Not trying to "spike the football", but Bovey isn't avoiding the board because of the Skins play. He is banned from the Hoop.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pointing out that the other teams in this division have not won the games they should, and that only helps the Boys. Thus, you hold the division in your hands. That's all you can ask for in any season. That is all.

Well in that sense, I agree. But you could also say the rest of the East has been gift-wrapped the opportunity to be in a division with the Dallas Cowboys as its leader at 5-4 with their pedigree in the past decade when it comes to collapses. Not to mention the Cowboys gave away a few games to the Chiefs, Broncos, and Lions.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, yea, yea. Been hearing that for 8 years now how Ware is such a beast. That's why we only beat weak and mediocre teams the past 5 years. Look at our record the past few years when we play elite teams with elite quarterbacks. Its not pretty. These are the types of games dumbass Ware usually is a no show, in a big game when we need him the most. Saints coming off a bad loss, I expect Brees and company to put up big numbers at home and make Ware look dumber than Leon Lett. If the Cowboys can somehow pull out this game, they will be the 2013 NFC East Champ this year. Otherwise, its just the same ole, same ole, drink the jerry jones cool aid and watch the dysfunction and drama continue.

I hope Ware is as much of a "no show" as he was the last time we faced Brees and the Saints. Boy did he disappoint that night.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in that sense, I agree. But you could also say the rest of the East has been gift-wrapped the opportunity to be in a division with the Dallas Cowboys as its leader at 5-4 with their pedigree in the past decade when it comes to collapses. Not to mention the Cowboys gave away a few games to the Chiefs, Broncos, and Lions.

You said it Earl. And I couldn't agree more. That's been the albatross and the elephant in the room.

Consistency has been the biggest problem for you guys for a long time. Actually, it's ironic to me that the skins are beginning to look like the cowboys mirror image of collapses this year, but for differing reasons. We seem to be all about different aspects of our team not executing every week, absolutely no consistency at all.

That's why I would be smh if the Boys don't take the division this year. Same old, same old. LMAO if the Giants or Eagles take it.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it Earl. And I couldn't agree more. That's been the albatross and the elephant in the room.

Consistency has been the biggest problem for you guys for a long time. Actually, it's ironic to me that the skins are beginning to look like the cowboys mirror image of collapses this year, but for differing reasons. We seem to be all about different aspects of our team not executing every week, absolutely no consistency at all.

That's why I would be smh if the Boys don't take the division this year. Same old, same old. LMAO if the Giants or Eagles take it.

I understand your thinking. I would just be a little more confident about the Cowboys if they were more healthier.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the boys can't win this division this year, I am truly smh. It's been gift wrapped for you.

Gift wrapped for any NFC East Team this year. Philly just isn't ready to win IMO, but you should already be shaking your head at your team and may soon be doing so at the Giants. Dallas is the only team of those 3 to even put up a fight this year. The other two have been utter embarrassments thus far. That being said, with our injuries we may even be lucky to be where we are and so the battle continues.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to "spike the football", but Bovey isn't avoiding the board because of the Skins play. He is banned from the Hoop.

I really don't follow the trolls like the rest of you. Who was Bovey on here again?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gift wrapped for any NFC East Team this year. Philly just isn't ready to win IMO, but you should already be shaking your head at your team and may soon be doing so at the Giants. Dallas is the only team of those 3 to even put up a fight this year. The other two have been utter embarrassments thus far. That being said, with our injuries we may even be lucky to be where we are and so the battle continues.

Believe me, no one is more disappointed than I, regarding how my skins have been playing so far. It doesn't get more gut wrenching than the Vikings loss. I don't think we are as bad as what showed up on the field and I do think there are some bright spots for my team, but realistically, we are just not that good right now.

Who knows what happens? The bizarre happens every week in the NFL. I don't have crazy expectations about the rest of this season. One thing we do have is a pretty healthy team with a solid running game. I'll take that going forward as at least something I can rely on.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have earned their position at the top of the NFC East. That said i'd be surprised if the Cowboys don't win the division from this point. They're quoted as 4/9 favourites. I can't see the Eagles winning 5 or more of their remaining 7 games so the Cowboys likely only need to win only 3 of their 7 games including 1 of the 3 remaining divisional games to become Champions.
They're capable of losing 5 games, but it would be a surprise.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they will take a step backwards this year and it wouldn't surprise me if they are 8-8. I can't agree with PDay that 6-10 is in their future but we'll see. My sights are on 2014 when they'll have the cash available to actually improve instead of just trying to maintain like this off season.

6 wins remains in play
7 should be the benchmark after watching a view games.

sorry....saw this in July when 99.9% of redskin nation was talking the next 10 years.
Bob remains one player but this summer, he could overcome everything

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-10 would be if Griffin is out for all 16 games. 8-8 is the floor IMO with a healthy Griffin, 11-5 ceiling. I expect 9-7 or 10-6. Redskins are in a good position with a ton of cap space next year. And that's when they start to really push.

gee....I miss bovey

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee....I miss bovey

Lol at your dripping sarcasm Pday! Have to say you're an excellent prognosticator tho. Still lots of season left, but your prediction looks stronger and stronger. I can understand why it gives you pleasure to be proven accurate in your analysis. Still hoping you're wrong, of course.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at your dripping sarcasm Pday! Have to say you're an excellent prognosticator tho. Still lots of season left, but your prediction looks stronger and stronger. I can understand why it gives you pleasure to be proven accurate in your analysis. Still hoping you're wrong, of course.

the opinion was abused....pardon my gloating

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have there been any shark sightings? :noidea:

#Humbleness :whistle:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Ware is as much of a "no show" as he was the last time we faced Brees and the Saints. Boy did he disappoint that night.

It will take that kind of effort for us to have a chance to win this week @ N.O.