• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East thoughts

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You say defenses will adjust. Based on nothing"

really? I beg to differ. Many pro teams consulted college coaching staffs. That's been the talk since the season ended but I base it on nothing.

Beg all you want.

Nothing is proven. NFL coaches talked to college coaches who couldn't stop it in college, and that's what you base your opinion on?

If NFL defenses key on read option, it just opens them up to get demolished through the air. RG3 is already one of the best in the league in play action. And has the arm to eat teams alive if they stack the box to stop the read option. I look forward to teams doing it.

:drool:

Teams tried to adjust last year with corner blitzing it. And Shanahan added swing passes to the flat and quick slants as the 3rd read as the counter.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conversation?
You're a cheerleader on the wrong board with boo boo feelings.

I'm an opposing fan who up until you showed up in the thread, was having a respectful conversation with people who have the ability to act like adults.

What do I have "boo boo" feelings over? Your opinion? Because my feelings definitely wouldn't be hurt over REALITY. And that's something you aren't grounded in.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Shanahan goes after the same kinds of players that Snyder used to target though. They go after the younger guys who have more to prove than the old has beens. Snyder is out of the decision making process.

well here is what Shanny did. He sent Hayneworth packing true. He also paid off a couple over priced contracts.
You do realize that's what you got your penalty for.

It's kinda how we got ours... except we only payed one guy (Austin) That's why our penalty is so much less that the Skins.

You really don't know what Snyder is about to do. He hasn't had the money to go get any FAs. When he does I think he goes back to the same dumbass he has been since he bought the Skins.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well here is what Shanny did. He sent Hayneworth packing true. He also paid off a couple over priced contracts.

It's kinda how we got ours... except we only payed one guy (Austin) That's why our penalty is so much less that the Skins.

You really don't know what Snyder is about to do. He hasn't had the money to go get any FAs. When he does I think he goes back to the same dumbass he has been since he bought the Skins.

How many years does Shanny have to put a Championship team on the field? I've only seen two that let coaches stay longer than what 5 years without winning???. Cowher and Reid.
Whammy #2 .... you made the playoffs... Which means Snyder thinks your team is only 1-2 pieces away. Not good for a Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Al Davis type of owner.
THE WILL TRY TO BUY THE RING

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years does Shanny have to put a Championship team on the field? I've only seen two that let coaches stay longer than what 5 years without winning???. Cowher and Reid.
Whammy #2 .... you made the playoffs... Which means Snyder thinks your team is only 1-2 pieces away. Not good for a Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Al Davis type of owner.
THE WILL TRY TO BUY THE RING

Just going to drop my two cents on this twist. In order for Dan to go play fantasy football, he will have to fire Shanahan. Now if we implode and go 4-12 this year.. I could see it happening. But if the Skins make the playoffs, or even get close (say 9-7 depending on the break) Dan will sit back and do what he is supposed to. Because firing Mike would mean Kyle also walking most likely. And risking the same problem Jerry has, who worth a fart is going to come in and take over the team after you fire a coach of Shanahans pedigree??

So while I agree the Skins will likely spend some money next year, it wont be picking up other teams aging vets. Expect them to make a run at the younger FA's that other teams didnt have the room to hold onto, but otherwise... Shanahan will be making the calls.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An unjust penalty. I don't think that the Cowboys or Redskins should have been penalized cap space for treating an uncapped year like an uncapped year.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An unjust penalty. I don't think that the Cowboys or Redskins should have been penalized cap space for treating an uncapped year like an uncapped year.

Oh I agree...... my hate level for the Giants took a huge jump.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to drop my two cents on this twist. In order for Dan to go play fantasy football, he will have to fire Shanahan. Now if we implode and go 4-12 this year.. I could see it happening. But if the Skins make the playoffs, or even get close (say 9-7 depending on the break) Dan will sit back and do what he is supposed to. Because firing Mike would mean Kyle also walking most likely. And risking the same problem Jerry has, who worth a fart is going to come in and take over the team after you fire a coach of Shanahans pedigree??

So while I agree the Skins will likely spend some money next year, it wont be picking up other teams aging vets. Expect them to make a run at the younger FA's that other teams didnt have the room to hold onto, but otherwise... Shanahan will be making the calls.

Can't agree.... Marty took yall to the playoffs his first year. Just to be fired for Spurrier
Davis sent Gruden to Tampa.
Jones forced TO on Parcels

How many drafts have Snyder and Jerry pissed away in the past decade?

It's a sad fact.... neither of our owners or going to sit in the back ground long. Oh they will..... just not for long.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't agree.... Marty took yall to the playoffs his first year. Just to be fired for Spurrier
Davis sent Gruden to Tampa.
Jones forced TO on Parcels

How many drafts have Snyder and Jerry pissed away in the past decade?

It's a sad fact.... neither of our owners or going to sit in the back ground long. Oh they will..... just not for long.

Give you a few more ... remember Snyder hiring an OC before a HC ... and no one wanting the job?
Garrett was hired before Wade....
Only difference is we found someone to come be a puppet coach and yall got totally screwed

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-tqLG__Al4]Redskins Fail - YouTube[/ame]

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give you a few more ... remember Snyder hiring an OC before a HC ... and no one wanting the job?
Garrett was hired before Wade....
Only difference is we found someone to come be a puppet coach and yall got totally screwed

NAh, the real difference is... it only took Dan ten years to learn what doesn't work and to fix it. Jerry... well he is still trying to figure it out. :D

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jim Zorn was an idiot.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NAh, the real difference is... it only took Dan ten years to learn what doesn't work and to fix it. Jerry... well he is still trying to figure it out. :D

LOL 3 superbowls later...
How many division titles later?

And which one you say is still trying to figure it out?:laugh3:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL 3 superbowls later...
How many division titles later?

And which one you say is still trying to figure it out?:laugh3:

I would have to say Jerry. Jimmy Johnson got him those three Superbowls. Since Jimmy Left, Dallas has won one Super Bowl.. with Jimmys roster. And a few division titles.. .But as is the nature of the NFL.. .what has he done for you lately?? :whistle:

Better question. Honestly who do you think gets fired first?? Shanahan or Garrett???

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to say Jerry. Jimmy Johnson got him those three Superbowls. Since Jimmy Left, Dallas has won one Super Bowl.. with Jimmys roster. And a few division titles.. .But as is the nature of the NFL.. .what has he done for you lately?? :whistle:

Better question. Honestly who do you think gets fired first?? Shanahan or Garrett???

I'd say neither after this year.... Now after next .... that's a different story

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then don't say the Redskins had good luck. When they actually had bad luck with injuries and still made the playoffs. Cowboys didn't.

I can say what I want on here. If you don't like it, you can check your homer Skid opinions at the door. If you think facing the Eagles and Cowboys twice, the Browns, and needing a fluke fumble just to beat the Giants during their seven game winning streak constitutes overcoming bad luck, then I feel sorry for you.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say what I want on here. If you don't like it, you can check your homer Skid opinions at the door. If you think facing the Eagles and Cowboys twice, the Browns, and needing a fluke fumble just to beat the Giants during their seven game winning streak constitutes overcoming bad luck, then I feel sorry for you.

Yeah, you can say what you want. And people will reply. Learn to live with dealing with what you say. I think it's hilarious that there are two people on this forum who can't take respectful football talk from opposing fans. Or take issue with a Redskin fan thinking that a division winning team might have a good year the following season. You, and Pday. Your protector of this house stance is comical and juvenile, and not needed. Fucking relax before you burst a blood vessel.

But to your points. It's funny how you only see what you want to see. If those game were spread out over the course of the season would you still see it as luck? We were lucky to lose our two starting safeties before the season ever started? We were lucky to lose our best passrusher, and our best interior pass rusher both in week 2? We were lucky to lose Fred Davis for half the year and Garcon for the other?

Go ahead and whine about the schedule. At the end of the season, the Redskins played the Cowboys for the division and yes, we were lucky that we played Dallas in that game. Because they did what they normally do.

Is this the conversation you wanted to provoke?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you can say what you want. And people will reply. Learn to live with dealing with what you say. I think it's hilarious that there are two people on this forum who can't take respectful football talk from opposing fans. Or take issue with a Redskin fan thinking that a division winning team might have a good year the following season. You, and Pday. Your protector of this house stance is comical and juvenile, and not needed. Fucking relax before you burst a blood vessel.

But to your points. It's funny how you only see what you want to see. If those game were spread out over the course of the season would you still see it as luck? We were lucky to lose our two starting safeties before the season ever started? We were lucky to lose our best passrusher, and our best interior pass rusher both in week 2? We were lucky to lose Fred Davis for half the year and Garcon for the other?

Go ahead and whine about the schedule. At the end of the season, the Redskins played the Cowboys for the division and yes, we were lucky that we played Dallas in that game. Because they did what they normally do.

Is this the conversation you wanted to provoke?

Warpath I think I've talked to you as decent as you can expect any Cowboy fan on here..... I live in VA ... Most of my friends are Skins fans .... so it doesn't get under my skin like it will some others.

But you gotta admit man ... you're on a Cowboys board... promoting the Redskins.... you're gonna get a backlash .... and being honest not a nice one.
I've only went on a Redskin/Giants board a few times in my life.... and I knew going I had to not be armed.... but damn near unbeatable in a debate.
Go to another teams forum ... don't bring opinion ... arm yourself with some solid facts... and I promise you... you will find guys that think you are a solid poster.
Hard to do on another teams boards.... but if that's what your goals are...

You see me and shark can go at it.... yet joke.... aint no personal insults... just trash talk.
That's about the best you can hope for on a Rival teams forums

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warpath I think I've talked to you as decent as you can expect any Cowboy fan on here..... I live in VA ... Most of my friends are Skins fans .... so it doesn't get under my skin like it will some others.

But you gotta admit man ... you're on a Cowboys board... promoting the Redskins.... you're gonna get a backlash .... and being honest not a nice one.
I've only went on a Redskin/Giants board a few times in my life.... and I knew going I had to not be armed.... but damn near unbeatable in a debate.
Go to another teams forum ... don't bring opinion ... arm yourself with some solid facts... and I promise you... you will find guys that think you are a solid poster.
Hard to do on another teams boards.... but if that's what your goals are...

You see me and shark can go at it.... yet joke.... aint no personal insults... just trash talk.
That's about the best you can hope for on a Rival teams forums

And yet any non-Redskins fan that goes on the skins board gets labeled a troll by Warpath and then he'll alert the mods

:L