• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Divisional Rd: GB Packers vs SF 49ers GDT

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to try not to be reactionary to either outcome. If we win, I won't say that Alex couldn't and if we lose, I won't say that Alex would have won. We'd approach this game differently with Kaep than with Smith, so from opening snap, things would be different with Smith than with Kaep. Time of possession, running plays, etc. are all different because we have a different decision-maker, good and bad. Kaep gives us the better chance to win the SB due to his skills, willingness to throw, confidence from coach, etc. I won't dispute that if we lose, but I won't make assumptions on this game either way (as in maybe a different approach would have won - but that wouldn't change who the better QB is). The only possible way for me to do so won't happen because Harbaugh and Kaep are too good to let it happen.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to you 49er fans tonight :yo:

Just not too much luck :D

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What do you guys have planned for the game today?

That's a source of some resentment on my part. It's my wife's holiday party for work, so I agreed to watch at a sports bar nearby. It's in SF, so shouldn't be too bad, but I like to watch at home so I can feel less awkward about screaming awful, hateful things at the TV. If my wife doesn't feel compelled to leave me at least once during the course of a close game, I feel that I have failed as a fan....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimmy_spit_medium.gif

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners roll IMO 31-20. Home game, too much run game, too much defense. Rodgers is going to have to go for 350+ for the Pack to win.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to try not to be reactionary to either outcome. If we win, I won't say that Alex couldn't and if we lose, I won't say that Alex would have won. We'd approach this game differently with Kaep than with Smith, so from opening snap, things would be different with Smith than with Kaep. Time of possession, running plays, etc. are all different because we have a different decision-maker, good and bad. Kaep gives us the better chance to win the SB due to his skills, willingness to throw, confidence from coach, etc. I won't dispute that if we lose, but I won't make assumptions on this game either way (as in maybe a different approach would have won - but that wouldn't change who the better QB is). The only possible way for me to do so won't happen because Harbaugh and Kaep are too good to let it happen.

It would be Kaep's decision making that would set me on fire or keep me at peace... he has reckless thrown the ball for an INT and right now i will not accept that kind of an error.

i would jump on him for that as if it were alex if that were to happen but in Kaep i trust.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a source of some resentment on my part. It's my wife's holiday party for work, so I agreed to watch at a sports bar nearby. It's in SF, so shouldn't be too bad, but I like to watch at home so I can feel less awkward about screaming awful, hateful things at the TV. If my wife doesn't feel compelled to leave me at least once during the course of a close game, I feel that I have failed as a fan....

I didn't ask last time, but what is she celebrating and why so late if it's the holidays - is it just timing and people's schedules this year, am I missing a known holiday, or something special you guy's do late every year?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we win, I won't say that Alex couldn't and if we lose, I won't say that Alex would have won.

Nonsense! If we lose its Kap's fault, no matter what happens. Smith would obviously win this game if he was starting, sight unseen.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense! If we lose its Kap's fault, no matter what happens. Smith would obviously win this game if he was starting, sight unseen.

Fair or unfair CK needs to win this game or the national perception will be that the move was a bad one. Qbs get the credit with wins and the blame with losses even if they dont deserve it either way.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fair or unfair CK needs to win this game or the national perception will be that the move was a bad one.

No doubt, and talk radio in the Bay Area is going to be hilarious on Monday if we lose today. Suddenly Alex will have legions of fans, when about two years ago he had a roughly 5% approval rating.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't ask last time, but what is she celebrating and why so late if it's the holidays - is it just timing and people's schedules this year, am I missing a known holiday, or something special you guy's do late every year?

Not really sure why it's so late. Probably because a lot of folks are gone leading up to Christmas. Her company does them by departments, and several of the others that I know of did them before Christmas.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It depends on how this game shakes out, but Kap would have to make some pretty big mistakes for me to feel the outcome would have been different with Alex. The D carried us last year, except for the second half of the 4th quarter against the Saints. If the D doesn't do the same in this game - and based on what we've seen since Justin went down, it's fair to surmise they won't, at least to the same extent - then you can't blame Kap for a loss. At least solely.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's old but always love watching videos

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If anybody hasn't left yet:

Bob Lange: Candlestick Park parking lots are now open to accomodate early arriving fans. #49ers

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish you guys would stop mentioning Alex unless you are talking about Boone. CK is are QB and that is all that matters. Smith more then likely won't be here next year so unless CK gets hurt lets not mention Alex Smith anymore.