• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that. You are still making that observation. You are not the only one. A number of people have stated the same thing. Based on the circumstances, I don't think that is an unreasonable assumption. We have a couple of coaches that apparently turned the team down but I didn't think they were all that good anyway.

Here's the problem. Coaches that aren't that good are turning us down. The simple fact that we're interviewing coaches that aren't that good is a HUGE problem. That they don't want to coach here is worse.

5-11 next year will be a victory.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too late for that, this team must move on. the rants on Tim Scarbra started a year ago....at least, now is WAY too late to keep at it.

EVERYONE knows there won't be a better HC than "Tim", but the NFL goes on and continuing to sulk over it, doesn't get you ready for next season.

True. Neither does replacing a proven winner with Tomsula to spare the silly GM's ego.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess but still. Willis, Bowman, A. Smith, maybe J. Smith, Borland, Lynch. A lot of talent.

Nobody on the line if J. Smith retires, and no secondary. We've got three good (injured) linebackers without a proven coaching staff.

Watch this unit drop to 27 next year. Imminent.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chud and Chryst are the latest names. Chryst would be a big disappointment. I am disappointed he is still on the team

He should have been fired years ago. Our QB play has been disastrous under his tutelage.

And Tomsu-aalke retained him. Roman didn't even want him. What does that say about his ability?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the 2015-16 Vegas over under line on wins to see how the pro money changers view the situation..they actually have to monitize the probabilities and are paid to get it right. They don't always get it right but more often than not they do...so watch the line movement on season record over /under line. Right now SB odds 28 to 1 . I calculate this to mean to be approx 9-7 record next year given SB odds to win it all...but new line and odds to be set after draft should give us a good guesstimate perhaps better or worse than my current 9-7 guess at where the current line is .

No chance this team goes 9-7 next year. Bet against that line if you're interested in making money.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't bringing in Dick Lebeau be like a perfect fit for this team? 3-4 defensive guru with a defense full of talented linebackers and defensive lineman? Seems like perfect match to me.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No chance this team goes 9-7 next year. Bet against that line if you're interested in making money.

I'm not advocating betting on anything..just projecting the money line where the pro money hedgers set the odds. They set the line where the market on a bet has equal push from both buyers and sellers of a particular proposition are in relative balance at any given time. Right now that is projected to be approx. 9-7. Anyone can have an opinion and bet their opinion. If too many bet their opinion on one side of the market the line moves opposite of the force. But you probably already know this and are bearish on the 49ers record being worse than 9-7 nest year, so take all bets against those who wish to be bullish on the 49ers chances at 9-7 or better. .

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this team going 9-7 or 10-6. A lot of offseason left so its hard to predict.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't bringing in Dick Lebeau be like a perfect fit for this team? 3-4 defensive guru with a defense full of talented linebackers and defensive lineman? Seems like perfect match to me.

Le beau is like father time at 77 yrs. old so he's old enough to be grandpa York.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nobody on the line if J. Smith retires, and no secondary. We've got three good (injured) linebackers without a proven coaching staff.

Watch this unit drop to 27 next year. Imminent.

That's pretty fatalistic.

So far as the DL goes, Glen Dorsey is a good player, as is Ian Williams. If they're both healthy, we'll have a nice rotation up front. Admittedly, the rest of the DL is a question mark of sorts if Cowboy leaves, but the guys we had filled in well for Ray McDonald this year. Carradine and Dial both showed a lot of promise this year.

Re: the secondary, there are definitely concerns at CB pending FA, but if there's one area where Baalke has proven he can find talent, it's CB. We've appeared thin at CB almost every year he's been the GM, and every year the guys he brings in have stepped up. This year in particular. The safeties have both been to the pro bowl in the past two years. A lot of teams would take that tandem in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't be surprised if the unit took a step back, but they'll still be above average IMO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chud does a good job with TE and WRs sets. I would like this move if we can land him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Smith retires I think they draft that kid from Texas.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Smith retires I think they draft that kid from Texas.

the one projected as a mid 1st?

I'm ok with that should he be that good, but is he over a WR, or the CB from Michigan St.?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm ok with that should he be that good, but is he over a WR, or the CB from Michigan St.?

Didn't you just say in another thread that our biggest offseason priority was addressing the fact that we are losing in the trenches? Now you think we should take a WR or CB over a DL if we lose Smith? How can you reconcile those two viewpoints?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok..the CHUD countdown is on...24 min till 12.01am EST....A round of Chudwisers for everyone.....:suds::suds::suds:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe not but if we lose Smith we need to fill that spot. I don't know MSU if I like that MSU CB. I did at the start of the year but he didn't look great this year. Had some ups and downs.

If I had an overall pick I would want White or Beckham but I really do think we need to use the 1st rd pick as a need pick.