• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next OC and DC:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what would be the most accurate baseball parable, but I would have to say, its more of a sac bunt, hoping to advance the runner from first to second... Meaning the front office is trying to just get by this year with who ever will take the job and hope it will be more attractive in years to come or the beggers cant be choosers approach will actually turn out better than expected?

It seems no one wants to coach here but guys who dont really have other options or trying to redeem their reputation.
Jed York is turning the Niners into The Lakers!!! Im glad I still have the SF Giants...

How did you come to that conclusion? I don't know whether that is the case or not. Other than Gase, where are all these candidates that turned the 49ers down?

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you come to that conclusion? I don't know whether that is the case or not. Other than Gase, where are all these candidates that turned the 49ers down?

Rumor has it K Shanahan turned down an interview for the OC spot. Haven't heard of any others, including Gase. To be quite honest, with a very inexperienced HC, I'd rather have an experienced group around him, helping with the day to day things he'll need to know. Funny how Gase is turning down job interviews, as if he's some king shit! :susp:

FWIW, I'm still baffled by the Tomsula hiring, but some of the other hirings don't seem that horrible. Like I stated in another post earlier, if we can NAIL the OC job, I'll be ok with all the other stuff.

Not expecting much right away, but hoping with some time, the staff can gel and win some games.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"It seems", like your a very fast reader, so you skipped over the part about me saying" it seems"?.. A conclusion would be me saying, no body wants to coach here... I simply stated what it seems to me...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we couldnt find a Top DC to coach this Defense this year we will never find one. I can't believe more guys didn't jump on this. This D has a lot of talent.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we couldnt find a Top DC to coach this Defense this year we will never find one. I can't believe more guys didn't jump on this. This D has a lot of talent.

With a HC who is a 'yes' man and the FO calling all of the shots? Pass.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It seems", like your a very fast reader, so you skipped over the part about me saying" it seems"?.. A conclusion would be me saying, no body wants to coach here... I simply stated what it seems to me...

I realize that. You are still making that observation. You are not the only one. A number of people have stated the same thing. Based on the circumstances, I don't think that is an unreasonable assumption. We have a couple of coaches that apparently turned the team down but I didn't think they were all that good anyway.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My optimism about the Mangini hire has been dampened a little by these two posts. little depressing considering our defense didnt really miss a beat without some important pieces. Still though, we will see how it plays out.

I know little to nothing about Mangini other than what it is said by people here. I didn't pay attention to him in New York or Cleveland. But I did like him on First Take and other ESPN shows - he seems fair and knowledgable with some valuable experience (compared to those who were asking him questions or spouting off their opinions with no experience) - he was someone who could reason out some, but not enough, of Skip and Stephen A. Smith. Also, he looks like the professor who helped me a lot in getting into my next level of schooling. (Irrelevant nonsense, just saying.)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a HC who is a 'yes' man and the FO calling all of the shots? Pass.

Yeah I guess but still. Willis, Bowman, A. Smith, maybe J. Smith, Borland, Lynch. A lot of talent.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lose out on another one. This isn't a big loss because to be honest I think Shanahan and Chud or option 1 and 2.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lose out on another one. This isn't a big loss because to be honest I think Shanahan and Chud or option 1 and 2.

so what gives you the impression that these two are options 1 and 2?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are the names thrown out by reporters. But you'll hear everyone from a fan, skeptic or homer. I heard Geep Chryst from someone, but that might have just been someone who is upset with an in-house hire for HC. If Rathman hadn't come out against it, his name would be out there. If he does get the job, I could see him backtracking by either saying he didn't say that or that he was more comfortable after seeing the other jobs filled (acting like they are great but skeptics thinking he thinks he has no pressure because they aren't).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they are waiting on Chud contract to be up. Shanahan because his name has been mention through out this whole process. Just my opinion.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean to be Honest I really think they wanted Gase but after not giving him the HC job I couldn't see him taking our OC position.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chud and Chryst are the latest names. Chryst would be a big disappointment. I am disappointed he is still on the team

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our strategy seems to be to hire as many former DCs/OCs as possible to fill out our coaching needs. It may be to compensate for our HC lack of experience or it may be to just hire competive qualified help. They are qualified for what we are hiring them for so not a lot of complaints in this regard. A sort of coaching by committee of the qualified. What we need to be wary of is the "too many cooks spoil the broth" type of problem that arises when you go in this direction especially if the hired "guns" don't really respect the HC. Not saying that this is the case here but it's something to watch for especially given the backstabbing/leeks problem we have experienced in the past. Just a thing to watch out for without a coaching "supreme leader" we seemed to have embarked upon. IMHO nothing to take to seriously..

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our strategy seems to be to hire as many former DCs/OCs as possible to fill out our coaching needs. It may be to compensate for our HC lack of experience or it may be to just hire competive qualified help. They are qualified for what we are hiring them for so not a lot of complaints in this regard. A sort of coaching by committee of the qualified. What we need to be wary of is the "too many cooks spoil the broth" type of problem that arises when you go in this direction especially if the hired "guns" don't really respect the HC. Not saying that this is the case here but it's something to watch for especially given the backstabbing/leeks problem we have experienced in the past. Just a thing to watch out for without a coaching "supreme leader" we seemed to have embarked upon. IMHO nothing to take to seriously..

If the OC/DC choices are good to great panning out, their approach will pay off because what Tomsula lacks, as far as we know, is experience. He'll get that with time, his communication with players is fine (but under the role of DL coach) and his communication with the press will get better and probably not antagonistic, or at least not as far as Harbaugh, especially if we win games. It could work out, he will have to learn a lot in the time as HC, and rely upon others for what he doesn't know.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watch the 2015-16 Vegas over under line on wins to see how the pro money changers view the situation..they actually have to monitize the probabilities and are paid to get it right. They don't always get it right but more often than not they do...so watch the line movement on season record over /under line. Right now SB odds 28 to 1 . I calculate this to mean to be approx 9-7 record next year given SB odds to win it all...but new line and odds to be set after draft should give us a good guesstimate perhaps better or worse than my current 9-7 guess at where the current line is .

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what we'll find out over time, but why be so negative (lose confidence) now? why make it so bad that you won't enjoy the off-season? won't enjoy the games next season? Yes, there is a chance Tomsula has 'stupid' visions, but there is a chance with any candidate.

EVERYONE knows the pressure to win, from York on down. No matter whom they named HC and subsequent Coordinators, SOMEONE would rant over it. Can you name a HC that you would've been PERFECTLY fine with? So to me, ranting about Tomsula is the same as ranting over Shanny, Holmgren, Fox, Fangio, whomever. Ranting over potential Coordinators is a given, just the rumored name changes day to day.

Yes I can. His name rhymes with Tim Scarbra. When you have a winning coach, you fire the GM who can't get along with him. You don't do what the 9ers just did. And the reason I'm so negative about this hire is this ownership group's track record with lousy hires. Nothing about anything surrounding this situation should leave anybody who's been paying attention since the Debartolo era with a sense of confidence.

But if reality is going to get in your way of enjoying the offseason, then just ignore it. I'm not wired that way. I can't just hope that everything works out in situations like this. We're approaching this from two different angles, and I don't mean any offense. If I've come off that way, I apologize. Cheers deep.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes I can. His name rhymes with Tim Scarbra. When you have a winning coach, you fire the GM who can't get along with him. You don't do what the 9ers just did. And the reason I'm so negative about this hire is this ownership group's track record with lousy hires. Nothing about anything surrounding this situation should leave anybody who's been paying attention since the Debartolo era with a sense of confidence.

But if reality is going to get in your way of enjoying the offseason, then just ignore it. I'm not wired that way. I can't just hope that everything works out in situations like this. We're approaching this from two different angles, and I don't mean any offense. If I've come off that way, I apologize. Cheers deep.

too late for that, this team must move on. the rants on Tim Scarbra started a year ago....at least, now is WAY too late to keep at it.

EVERYONE knows there won't be a better HC than "Tim", but the NFL goes on and continuing to sulk over it, doesn't get you ready for next season.