• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Year's Six Predictions: Week 9(According to SportsHoopla Poll)

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was suppose to be implied that I meant in the games that will actually be played (whether that be OSU, BTCG, Playoffs or just OSU and Rose Bowl).

Example:

"I don't see the Jaguars beating Denver."

Could the Jagaurs beat Denver if they played 100 times? Yes. Do I see them beating Denver this season when they actually play? No. The implication would be that I don't see the Jaguars beating Denver [in the 1 game they play this season] not I don't see the Jaguars beating Denver if they played 100 times.

Next time I will include my implication so you don't assume I mean no team could ever score 30+ on Michigan.

LOL, is English your second language? How the hell would any reasonable person think "any team in the country" was meant to imply any team remaining on your schedule?

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, is English your second language? How the hell would any reasonable person think "any team in the country" was meant to imply any team remaining on your schedule?

I'm not saying just remaining on my schedule. I'm saying in the remaining games, so I have to account for teams that they might possibly face in the BTCG, Playoffs, or Rose Bowl.

In a 1 game setting, I don't see "any team in the country" scoring 30+ a healthy Michigan defense.

I don't see Ohio St. scoring 30+ when we play. If Michigan plays Clemson in the playoffs, I don't see Clemson scoring 30+. Etc. Etc.

CAN it happen? Yes. Do I see it happening? No. If you see it happening, say so and let's bet. If not, then let's agree and argue about something else.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly he made it sound like they would hold '95 Nebraska would be held under 30. Sounds like he is backtracking now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying just remaining on my schedule. I'm saying in the remaining games, so I have to account for teams that they might possibly face in the BTCG, Playoffs, or Rose Bowl.

In a 1 game setting, I don't see "any team in the country" scoring 30+ a healthy Michigan defense.

I don't see Ohio St. scoring 30+ when we play. If Michigan plays Clemson in the playoffs, I don't see Clemson scoring 30+. Etc. Etc.

CAN it happen? Yes. Do I see it happening? No. If you see it happening, say so and let's bet. If not, then let's agree and argue about something else.
Did you SEE us going to your house last year and fistfucking you by 4+ TDs? None of your fellow michigan fans did either. Your defense was supposed to be amazing last year and then you faced a pissed off team that was more talented than you and you got smoked.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe baby soft is a little harsh, but I'll reserve judgement on Penn St and Colorado until after the season...they both lost to the only quality OOC opponent they faced and are lifted up by the poor teams at the bottom of their conference. I see both as 5 loss fringe teams. Wisconsin is a good defense with a horrible offense, they are capable of beating anyone they play as it will always be close.

I'm not calling anyone UM has faced a world beater. IMO, there is only one truly elite team in CFB this year and that is Bama.

I just don't see PSU (who has already faced OSU and UM) and Colorado (who has 3 of 4 games left at home) losing 5 games. I definitely don't think PSU is a top 25 team and I'm still confused on how OSU lost to them. Colorado is a team I said would surprise a lot of teams this year. They are 6-2 with their losses to UM and 21-17 to USC without their starting QB.

I just think the parity behind Alabama is quite large this year and you can make an argument over the SOS for every team basically.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATED harbaugh when he was in SF, and was soooo happy when the upper brass decided to let JH go.
What a BAD decision, Jim Tomsula????

Anyhow, Harbaugh is crass, but a hell of a coach. His team will put up 35+ on Clemson, think Clemson could get the other 15?

I'd bank on that.

I'm not confident that Clemson wouldn't score 30+ points on Michigan. I think they have that good of QB and offense. Michigan has a great Defense, no doubt, but it really hasn't been tested by a strong offense this year. We'll see how good that defense is when they meet up with Ohio State at the end of November.

Mobile QB's with good arms scare me, and I think it would take Michigan some time to adjust to it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then I stand by my original assessment, you're a dumbass.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you SEE us going to your house last year and fistfucking you by 4+ TDs? None of your fellow michigan fans did either. Your defense was supposed to be amazing last year and then you faced a pissed off team that was more talented than you and you got smoked.

No, I didn't.

What's your score prediction this year?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we found the Michigan version of OD boys.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alabama beats Michigan by about 10 on a neutral field. Ohio State beats Michigan by less than 10 in Columbus.

Would OD be as objective? I don't know the guy.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree but it all depends with OSU. If Barrett finds his groove, they could win by two touchdowns.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree but it all depends with OSU. If Barrett finds his groove, they could win by two touchdowns.

Sure they could. I think odds would favor a 1 score game though. Vegas line will be interesting.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that Peppers somewhat covers our OLB weaknesses. I will also say that a player like McCray looks like a MAC level player and certainly could be exposed in Columbus like he and the other LBs were during the game in Ann Arbor last season. Have to recruit those positions better.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw it coming. Not to that extent, but i told everyone that'd listen to bet the house on OSU. You can look at the schedule and see where the injuries started piling up defensively last year. It isn't as if what OSU did last year was the first time UM was gashed on the ground. Indiana ran for over 400 yards for crying out loud.

Last year's defense was great, but they had NO DEPTH at all. When they lost 4 guys in the front 7. It went from a great defense to a defense that was bulldozed by multiple teams. Hell, the newspaper in Ohio even wrote a story about all the injuries and how OSU would really exploit that (which they did)

Right now, UM has one guy on the DL that I'd call irreplaceable with a backup (Glasgow). So if they have injuries there they have someone they can put in and not skip a beat. Now the secondary -- they cannot afford an injury. They lose Stribbling or Lewis and UM is in trouble. Same with LB'ers -- we have youth, but the talent level will be a big drop off.

That is why I've said -- if UM stays healthy. I like our chances against anyone (sans Bama), but they are an injury or two from being a defense who can be exploited. That is why I think it will be another 2 years before we see what Harbaugh can do at UM when he has a full team of recruits and actual depth, where you can give guys a breather without the talent level dropping off.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. Not too happy with how we're playing right now, so I'm not giving 10.5 pts to frickin Nebraska, let alone michigan.

I was a little surprised to see Ohio State open up as 17 point favorites over Nebraska. Seems high to me, but that means Vegas must know something we don't. My guess is Ohio State covers against Nebraska.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it coming. Not to that extent, but i told everyone that'd listen to bet the house on OSU. You can look at the schedule and see where the injuries started piling up defensively last year. It isn't as if what OSU did last year was the first time UM was gashed on the ground. Indiana ran for over 400 yards for crying out loud.

Last year's defense was great, but they had NO DEPTH at all. When they lost 4 guys in the front 7. It went from a great defense to a defense that was bulldozed by multiple teams. Hell, the newspaper in Ohio even wrote a story about all the injuries and how OSU would really exploit that (which they did)

Right now, UM has one guy on the DL that I'd call irreplaceable with a backup (Glasgow). So if they have injuries there they have someone they can put in and not skip a beat. Now the secondary -- they cannot afford an injury. They lose Stribbling or Lewis and UM is in trouble. Same with LB'ers -- we have youth, but the talent level will be a big drop off.

That is why I've said -- if UM stays healthy. I like our chances against anyone (sans Bama), but they are an injury or two from being a defense who can be exploited. That is why I think it will be another 2 years before we see what Harbaugh can do at UM when he has a full team of recruits and actual depth, where you can give guys a breather without the talent level dropping off.
The LBs for the most part still suck and that was the biggest issue last year along with an injury depleted DLine getting pounded by Ohio States Offensive Line. The team was healthy against MSU and LJ Scott still made McCray look like dogshit.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone says no chance against Bama but I really think we are maybe 1 of 3 teams that have a remote chance. Bama so far looks ahead of everyone else by a significant margin however.