• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New season new start new thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm totally over Hynes. It's time for him to go. He is clearly not the right coach for this team and the lack of heart and effort from the players makes it glaringly obvious.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what....
.......the
fudge.........is going on?

I want a new defensive coach, this whole trying play the puck in our zone is full of crap and has led to nothing but mistakes that turn into goals... just fucking clear the fucking puck. The defensive stye is crap, no one takes on the puck handler and everyone over commits to a player leaving 2 others open.

PP is terrible, a 4 min PP and nothing, no chances to really go on.... come on....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly there's so many negatives to point to it's tough to figure how much of the blame to place on who. Clearly the coach's are not pushing the right buttons, nobody seems motivated or interested. Defensively our team has been a mess, Schneider struggling. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but it can't be good.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're dead last in the east! LOL..... yes its still more than half way to go (47 games IIRC) but wow!!!!!!!!!

i know we were losing n losing...on top of losing but damn last place.....

we're only 7 pts from 8th so it's not necessarily a 5 mile distance to make the playoffs...

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point unless something changes, playoffs won't happen. I don't think they will make them regardless, but the point is that status quo isn't working. The team needs a serious shot in the arm and I strongly believe it's coaching. Larsson is missed, that much is true. However, I find it hard to figure out how a team that added Taylor Hall got worse. Too many players (Schneids included) are in more than just a funk right now. They appear completely disinterested. Defense doesn't challenge, offense can rarely cleanly enter the zone which leads to a lot of dump and chase...without the speed needed to chase, etc.

Also, is anyone else as pissed off as I am about Shero recently saying Hynes job is safe? What the hell kind of message is that sending to him, the players, and the fans? That no one is going to be held accountable for this mess? What incentive does Hynes have to try to right the ship if he knows his job isn't in jeopardy?

I mean really, that is day one management training shit right there.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point unless something changes, playoffs won't happen. I don't think they will make them regardless, but the point is that status quo isn't working. The team needs a serious shot in the arm and I strongly believe it's coaching. Larsson is missed, that much is true. However, I find it hard to figure out how a team that added Taylor Hall got worse. Too many players (Schneids included) are in more than just a funk right now. They appear completely disinterested. Defense doesn't challenge, offense can rarely cleanly enter the zone which leads to a lot of dump and chase...without the speed needed to chase, etc.

Also, is anyone else as pissed off as I am about Shero recently saying Hynes job is safe? What the hell kind of message is that sending to him, the players, and the fans? That no one is going to be held accountable for this mess? What incentive does Hynes have to try to right the ship if he knows his job isn't in jeopardy?

I mean really, that is day one management training shit right there.
I'm not so pissed off with Shero backing Hynes. I can understand that from a distraction perspective but I wouldn't believe Hynes will play it safe either. I think he, anyone should, feels the pressure and the results speaks for themselves. He needs to coach better, maybe make changes at the bench. Defensively this team is day n night compare to last season. I cannot fathom that's all Larsson. Talent ok, but scheme, position, play etc... no thats something else.

I think some lineups need to be changed and kept to make something out of nothing. Idk where the leadership in the lockerroom is coming from, who are the leaders? too many guys playing soft game.

Rookies are playing above and beyond to both standout and cover their "vetern" teammates lack of hustle....

Hall.... i expected a lot more scoring. I'm not going after him but the goals need to show up.

Cory........ dude, get off your sh*t and play some great hockey for the team and yourself... blame the guys upfront for not scoring or playing harder to win but blame yourself for not saving the team.

Shero needs to make a move at the blue line or for someone to play with Hall.

I can list the guys who are not panning out and needs to be removed but it what it is now...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what a bad year to do a tank. i will say though i rather have the #1 pick in even a bad draft year then the #10 in a bad draft year because both teams have missed the playoffs so you might as well pick as best as you can. but i'm sure the devils will get their shit together and go on some crazy run of 8-0-2 in 10 games at some point and drag themselves out of the cellar and end up picking 8 or 9.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true Cup.... 8 out 10 games in wins will bring this team back into the hunt....

if one were to believe in karma, hopefully we're getting all theses losses out of the way and make a legit run for a few months.... we're "last" in the east but only 8 pts removed(at the time i last check) from a wild card spot..... not exactly a troublesome situation.

But we may need those changes.....for this to happen.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With 3point games it's going to be tough to catch-up points a positive and a negative is we haven't played a lot of conference let alone division games yet.

Btw looking back at the Cory trade that brought him here are you still happy with it? Or would you rather horvart

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 3point games it's going to be tough to catch-up points a positive and a negative is we haven't played a lot of conference let alone division games yet.

Btw looking back at the Cory trade that brought him here are you still happy with it? Or would you rather horvart
Ask me last year i'd yes...

this year doesn't look promising.... hard to ask that now considering he was a top 5ish type goalie last year in our biased opinion lol.... had we not, could perhaps made a play for Bishop at a cheaper deal i would imagine....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A win in Washington and not one post? Thanks mostly to Kinkaid.

Thi team is mediocre at best. We agreed early on before the season started, and they played better than we expected for a while getting all our hopes up. It does not help that the Eastern Conference is very strong, especially the Met division which is the best in the NHL right now. This team is not as good as the Caps, Rangers, Pens, or Jackets.

Game on NBC last night, and forgot who said it, but he said the Devils defense is pretty much a bunch of no names. Its true. Cannot blame a coach for that. Why do you think this team cannot hold leads? Cory has not played his best either.

As for Taylor Hall, he does not have the right teammates. How many times did you see him make a pass and a linemate fumbles it or is not ready, or miss a scoring chance. They need to either find somebody on the team who can play with him, or trade for somebody that can. They double team the guy meaning others need to step up and they are not. At times, it seems they almost try to force to get the puck to Hall too.

Beau Bennett has to be the unluckiest player in the league. Guy just hits posts.
Camm scored a nice shootout goal but man the guy makes some bad decisions on the ice.
Henrique should have scored last night on that breakaway. Its a common theme with Henrique, Palms, Zajac. If this team is to be successful, those guys cannot be invisible.
Kinkaid played like our starting goalie and deserves the next start.
Zacha scratched. He also could play better. He has flashes but we need to see it more. Similar to almost everybody on the team.
Parenteau has been very good. Devils lucky to get him for nothing.

Defensively, we knew it would be a challenge and it is most nights. Offensively is where I am mostly disappointed in this team. I am not ready to fire Hynes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinkaid definitely stole us 2 points. It's been said, this isn't the most talented team but the guys who are pretty talented need to actual play hard. Henrique, Zajac, Camm, Palmieri, are good players, they have talent, they're not flash in the pan guys. They need to be on consistently, we need 2 legit scoring lines. If they can start driving the play everything else will improve.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder i couldn't catch the replay of the game, it was on NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy to win, another close game that we gave up a goal to lose the win in regulation.....

play hard Devils, lets go!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i watched the game last night and it gave me new appreciation for dano and cangi. good lord those guys were bad last night!

also leave it to the devils to do their father son trip which is a great PR for the team and they schedule it when they aren't even covering the game? so weird!

yeah the devils won which is great and it was against a good caps team problem is the team was still a no show was still beyond brutal and should've got blown out 5-1 in the game. i can't take one positive away from the game except that kinkaid was amazing. he really should get the start tomorrow against the caps. i don't know if its been announced yet who is starting but it will be pretty telling if cory gets the start.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Kinkaid a consecutive start, hopefully that puts Cory on notice and let him go harder at both practices and gamedays.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Amazing no penalty on that Moore hit. The ref was watching the play! How about a rule if a player has to be taken off on a stretcher then the refs can review the play and issue a penalty if they missed it

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Missed the game but heard about the hit. Hope he is ok. Heard the officiating was pretty bad on both sides.

Big win team USA! Also nice to see some Devils prospects representing in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.