• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New season new start new thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade just about anything for Duchene if the Avs are actually trading him. Hall and Duchene would look real good together.

I'd also take what we can for Camm, clear that cap space and use that money to sign Shattenkirk in the off season.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol it's close

It's the same compete level which is none discipline none no mental toughness. I read I believe it was after the Boston win that love joy comes out and says practice had to be stopped because the team wasn't interested and just going through the motions. Do these guys even want to play for hynes anymore? Heck hall is even looking worthless out there!

I really think hovart for Cory was a loss and Larson for hall isn't shaping up to be the steal everyone thought. I'm not saying Larson is better but I think it's a push right now. Go back 5 months and everyone singing a different tune.

I can live with giving up 5 goals a game as long as they are hustling and it's 5-4. This? Good lord there isn't one single bright spot.

Pelley sucks cam is a ghost again. Palms can't hit the net Henrique can't skate

To me it's clearly a sign the players aren't buying into Hynes or the staff. I said this a few weeks ago. When the entire offensive attack consists of dump and chase, you know there's a problem. The Devils right now look like a bunch of high schoolers playing professionals. It's really sad.

Tonight's loss against FLA is just another example.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The final play of the game severson with a beyond lazy pass up the boards to woods who's covered by 3 panthers turns it over and bam empty net goal. Wtf was he thinking ? The team can't even gain the zone. When they do? It comes right back out

They really do need that legit playmaker to go with hall. Henrique palm zajac are all second and third line talent. I would offer up our first next year severson for duchense that should get it done. Then like mentioned go crazy in the offseason with a new coach a great draft pick shatenkirk and whoever else is out there on d.

Also no more fucking penguin castoff please

Back to the serveson play. The coach should be ripping into him right now and in the media and bench him next game but he won't. Also zacha looks lost out there he needs Albany in the worst way next year. Goes to show you mcloded and this years picks are probably three years away just in time for hall to be a ufa and Cory 34

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team looks lost, uninterested and no cohesion...... wow. What a complete disappointment.

From systems to players' performance, just a bunch of crap.

Cam, Rico, Pal, DSP & Schnieder are just highly disappointing for me.

Zajac is like borderline cuz he's done more than the aforementioned.

Zacha, Woods & Lappin gives me hope. They play hard and give more heart. At least Zacha was playing like a beast earlier. What's the vet's excuse?

Fiddler has been solid and for what he was expected to contribute, I have no complaints.

Hall, not scoring the goals i thought he would but i thought he would be playing with last years hard hustling team. But his skill and talent is evident and undeniable. He needs help that can help him take it one more level.

Defense - Losing Larsson after showing growth(remember i'm the guy who constantly question his value to the team) sucks but only at an individual talent/skill. What's Greene's excuse? Severson? Moore? Merrill?(though he's cleaning up a bit) Lovejoy sucks IMO, despite the positive numbers. Quincey has heart but not enough skill to be highly dependent. Auvitu actually has skill so i'm not sure why he's at Albany.... i missed something. The dmen look lost, no one takes their player off the puck, too much overcommittment, awful awareness and weak positioning.

Santini is going to be good defensively. Merrill can get back to promise. Severson is trying but is blinded by dumbasses.

The defensive coach needs to be fired, beg for Stevens to come back.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the semi long post but damn....

ohhh btw, Bennett.... Shero's first bad trade IMO. Nothing to cry foul or pickup the pitchfork for but a bad deal indeedy.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade just about anything for Duchene if the Avs are actually trading him. Hall and Duchene would look real good together.

I'd also take what we can for Camm, clear that cap space and use that money to sign Shattenkirk in the off season.
Do it, whatever it takes.... if he's really available, do it..... McCleod is untouchable for me ATM.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read that defense is on their brains.... damn.

I'd offer our 2017 first, 2017 3rd and Severson.

Shero would offer Severson alone lol

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see any quick fixes for this team. Offensively, they look clueless. Defensively, and kind of expected with what others in NHL call no names, they are bad.
I for one rather Hynes stay since playoffs are improbable. Even Lemaire can't save this team lol.
Sell at the deadline as much as possible. I would listen to Cory offers. Nobody is an untouchable.

Regarding Severson, I dont get it. He got skill but just too many half ass plays every night. What a wasted opportunity for him. On another team, he is fighting for ice time. Here he had all the chances and does not take advantage. Not singling him out either, there are other examples like him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I too would listen to Cory offers.... but damn him might be lowering his value with his performance this season.

I better find out he has an injury like a puck up his ass or something.... could explain a lot

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fire this staff....

trade the deadweights... I can't..... its unbelievable... for every step forward, we go 5 steps back and fall on our face.

I did not play any organized hockey, love the sport since early 90s when the Devils lost to the Rangers.... ok, I played floored hockey and sometimes just myself in creative ways....

for those who had played, when the opponent are on a odd man rush, example 2 on 1, I understand about closing the passing lane but shouldn't the defender at some point charge at the puck rather than give him a str8 clean look at the goalie?

I cant say I ever saw so frequent moments of this happening this year from years passed.... my god.

Cory is about to choke someone.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terrible line change, Merrill doesn't take the passing Lane on 2 on 1 (defense 101 here). Just not a fun team to watch.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe Henrique left to the bench the way he did.... he has been so disappointing, he needs to sit.

why can't get the puck off? are we too stiff, no stamina? no conditioning? no guts? no balls to play hard? no hustle?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Daneyko saying one time everyone blamed the trap when playing the Devils but the reality is that they were just amazing at always being in position. The complete opposite case here.

Seriously with Henrique. Get off social media, forget the jokester/quasirockstar thing, focus and pick your game up.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that edmonton game sums up the season pretty well.

i still cant for the life of me understand why d men just let the players back them up to the goalie on 2on1 plays. if i'm a coach i'm going to tell my d man once the guy crosses the blue line attack the puck carrier. why let the offensive player dictate the play? much like the thinking of a broken stick in the defensive zone. your absolutely worthless out there without a stick just suck it up go to the bench and give the attacking team a mini 5on4 or 5on3. its already that when you don't have a stick. oooooooooooor i would have the stickless guy go and just stand next to a player completely eliminate them from the play.

gutsy win last night and a qucik look the devils are still hanging around in the playoff hunt only 5 back!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games into the road trip, we sitting 5 out of 6 possible pts......

hopefully one more win tonight!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What a win tonight wow!

This is the team everyone expected this year. This team tonight is a team that would make the playoffs if they played 82 games like tonight. Finally showing some mental toughness and not mailing it in after the wild 3rd goal which I fully expected. Gotta keep it going now. Need to rip off a streak of 7-3 in the next 10 games

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right!?!?!?!? about damn time.... lets keep it going!!!!!!!!!!

come on Devils!

Status
Not open for further replies.