• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New season new start new thread!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lucky for us, still plenty of season left and plenty of streaks out there for us...

We need some help and changes and stick to it.

Zacha back with Hall needs to be done IMO. I think we all can almost agree there was a good spark/flow with them two together. I don't give a sh*t what vet feels butthurt.

Palmeiri may need to be with Hall... Camm can stay on the 2nd line with Zajac and Henrique/PA

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been around all that much so far this season, also haven't gotten to watch that many games.

With that said, wow do we suck! I was really excited for this season and thought it was going finally be the season the franchise makes a turn for the better, but it's somehow gone the complete opposite direction. Just based on what I've seen, the team is being badly outplayed by a wide margin. Usually I'm not one to hold coaching majorly accountable when it comes to grown men athletes, but it seems as if the game plan from Hynes is not going to work with this team, and as such it may be time for another coach. Guys like Zajac, Henrique, Palms, etc are borderline worthless right now and that is seriously troubling.

Some have said it's early yet but based on how well teams in the Metro division are playing, I'm not getting my hopes up. As of this writing, the Devils have played 32 games, already almost halfway done with the season, and are 10 points out of the last wild card spot. Aside from this team going on a tear the second half (and where would that even come from with how bad this team is), playoffs aren't happening.

Looks like another year of rooting for a high draft pick :(. Boy, do I miss that 2012 run.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it's not so much what the record is to this point, but rather how they got here. I expected some ups and downs and 31 points in 32 games isn't far from what I would have guessed. However, to start the year playing so well and then to fall flat in the last 10 games or so leaves a bad taste.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hynes HAS to be on the seat. do i think he is? nope not even close and that is really a shame. if the coach doesn't have any fear for his job then why should the players play hard?

team has lost what 7 in a row? they can't hold leads they constantly are getting out shot. the other day against the rangers i heard them say that was the first time in 16 games the devils didn't allow a second period goal. how is that even remotely possible? i turned on the games yesterday and they were down 2-0 already? wtf?!?!?!?

heres the thing the "hot" start they had was a serious mirage that everyone got caught up in but honestly half of their first 22 games i believe went to overtime? thats just incredible! it shows that they can't close out a team and then have to rely on a 3on3 gimmick to win games which they did and everyone on here didn't care.

if this doesn't fall on the coach then i dont know what does. he has to get them ready to compete every night and he isn't getting it done. this season is over there is noway they are making up 10pts almost halfway through the year. when any team in the division could make the cup finals thats how good they are

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game last night....:facepalm5:

This was not the team that were playing hard last year and to some point this season.

Did we change defensive coaches or something cuz for the life of me, no one and i mean no one is ever trying to take the opponent off the puck or pressure him. Nashville(and others) were toying with them cuz theye felt no pressure while holding the puck. I swear i think the devils are doing more harm to their own goalie than good by acting as another screen rather than a blocker or even better, a defendor! I've seen it before in other games where the opponent has a clear ass shot/look at our net and our defendor would be playing the lane more so than trying to rub the puck handler off. Defense, name anyone, are just reacting too slow for this game. I mean I've never seen such delay in decision making or rust in their necks cuz its takes them a whole period to turn their heads. Then there's the sloppy passing out the zone, followed by weak ones, followed by turnovers etc.... i was screaming just fucking clear it! they're trying to maintain puck control and it has cost us goals. enough of that, is that on our def. coaches? something needs immediate adjustment.

fucking disgusting, i was booing, we were all booing at that sh*t.

Our young kids are giving more effort and juice(which involves mistakes too but thats the risk) than our vets. There's no grit nor any hunger, at least they ain't playing like they do.

No flow to the offense again, idk what's happening. I was telling my girl, everyone is playing pretty and no one wants to do the dirty work. Is it because of our limited size? strength? everyone looking for their own? what the crap is going on? Honestly, bias or not, we should NOT be this lacking in goal scoring after adding Hall to Pal, Cam n Rico.... the last 3 are str8 up sh*tting the ice. We need to make a powerplay move to bring in someone to play with Hall. this is ridiculous.

Cory, man, i am pissed at you. Way to not show up....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Hynes, i tell u, in hockey, i believe this is a type of game during a losing streak that will cost a coach his job.

However, I'm not ready to pull that trigger at Hynes yet. I liked what he did last year and right now its just a head scratcher as to what's he's doing. If anything, i'm looking at the staff as immediate turnover before Hynes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to blow it up. See what you can get for Camm and Parenteau, start bringing up guys like Santini, start the youth movement, stockpile picks and prospects. We can always flip them for actual talent.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far for me, Bennett is turning out to be a mistake....

waste of a 3rd rd pick trade...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that Shero called out the team, Palmieri and Henrique specifically.

"Play harder. Really. Play f---ing harder," Shero said. "There's a will that they need, there's a passion and emotion in your game. How many scrums have we been involved in? Nobody's mad at us.

"I'm not saying for anyone to fight at all. I'm just saying there's got to be pushback in your game, and pride in your game."

Also adding to the Devils’ woes is that players such as Kyle Palmieri and Adam Henrique, who both scored a career-high 30 goals last season, have struggled this season, though the list of underperforming players is far deeper than those two.

Palmieri, relegated to the fourth line against the Predators, has four goals and 12 assists, and Henrique has seven goals and 10 assists.

“They don’t have to score,” Shero said. “They do have to play a certain way. They do have to have a certain commitment all over the ice. I can’t rely on [rookie] Miles Wood, who’s two years out of prep hockey, to make a difference. Thank God he is, I guess, to a certain extent."

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call them out Shero.... maybe this would be a wake up call...

and yes, imagine the likes of Zacha, Wood & Lappin weren't doing what they're doing??? these guys are playing harder than the vets.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
was just going to come here and post about shero comments.

this is one thing that never would've happened with lou in charge of things i'm glad he went public and said all this stuff. double glad that he called out henrique and palm comparing them to a rookie! hell woods isn't even a "rookie" he is 18 years old and hasn't even played in albany!

to be honest i'm surprised henrique and palm have 16 and 17 points each i thought they would've had only 10pts wow.

honestly though the devils can't really afford to blow things up. hall is entering his prime if not already there cory is in his prime towards just leaving it. a high draft pick won't contribute for another two years.

i never liked andy greene and this year just proves my hate for him justified. never thought he was a capable #1 d man. i will say part of me wants to see the team not show up against the flyers again to see what will happen after shero calling them out.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was at the game Tuesday night too. What a pathetic effort. They should refund everyone who attended that game. Was so pissed off I didn't even want to see any Devils news, this site, etc for 2 days. Glad Shero called them out.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me(us) though? i mean, when the opponent has possesion of the puck, there is NO ONE driving at or pushing up to the puck handler? Where's the challenge? we're letting them set up their plays without hurry or obstacle....

Not only that, 3-4 guys often just over commit.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we are the fans/people who PAY to sit during home games... these guys are acting as if they are getting PAID to sit on the ice....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What a difference a quote makes. Really impressed they finally stepped up and showed up. Win two games against Pitt as convincing and I'm a believer again. This team is more talented then last year no excuses to not be better then 8pts out of a playoff spot

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now that was effort. Closer to what we saw earlier in the season. Fun game to watch too.
Would be great to get a win tonight on the road vs Pens.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was effort. Closer to what we saw earlier in the season. Fun game to watch too.
Would be great to get a win tonight on the road vs Pens.

Andddd they lose 4-1. Though I'm not placing too much stock into tonight's game. Although both teams played the night before, the Pens got racked 7-1 by CBJ. I expected them to come out very strong tonight and obviously they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.