• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
agree, so wary of Chip Kelly's ability to lead his players. No matter how good he is at X's and O's, if he can't get players to 'buy in', can't work.

BTW - Also don't agree he can take Kaep and install that offense from Oregon. Cause even that offense needs a QB with intangibles, and passing ability.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just can't see Fangio returning, he was passed over and isn't feeling good about it. he isn't in a 'desparate' search for a job, so why even bother with us? Why even give it a second thought promotion or no promotion? the promotion would only be in title.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We could miss out on him

thats the way it is, there are 6 or 7 teams looking for a HC and we don't have 'first dibs'. not worried about it myself, the candidates who WANT to coach the 49ers will take us seriously. These guys will try hard to get hired by Baalke.

those who don't really want to coach here, will only sign if 'desparate' or the 'only' job offer they get.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and then we could just have him do all the DC duties, unabashed.

How do we know this? Has anyone read his contract? I thinking assumptions are being made here about under what conditions he could leave, assuming he would even want to do so.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a great Calvin and Hobbes strip (they're all pretty great, actually) where Calvin is playing in a sandbox and imagining a plane crash, train derailment, earthquake and gas explosion all happening at once.

This has the same sort of potential.

I agree. Hope he doesn't get a 2nd interview.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, maybe is Gase runs out of other options[
just can't see Fangio returning, he was passed over and isn't feeling good about it. he isn't in a 'desparate' search for a job, so why even bother with us? Why even give it a second thought promotion or no promotion? the promotion would only be in title.

Put yourself in his shoes. If you were bypassed in getting a promotion and found a similar job at another company, would you go back to your former employers? Hell no! Fangio doesn't want to be a part of this circus. Like you mentioned Deep, he is not "desperate." He won't give the Niners any 2nd thought.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put yourself in his shoes. If you were bypassed in getting a promotion and found a similar job at another company, would you go back to your former employers? Hell no! Fangio doesn't want to be a part of this circus. Like you mentioned Deep, he is not "desperate." He won't give the Niners any 2nd thought.

people sometimes wish for things that aren't going to happen. People keep repeating for Eddie D to take over the team no matter how many times Eddie D states he is retired and doesn't want to.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people sometimes wish for things that aren't going to happen. People keep repeating for Eddie D to take over the team no matter how many times Eddie D states he is retired and doesn't want to.

I guess we all could dream. How's your new year Patterson? My vacation ends this week.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree no way he returns. Im just saying it would be great if it did happen.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree no way he returns. Im just saying it would be great if it did happen.

The best scenario "would have been" having Gase as HC and Fangio stay as DC. Even if the Niners struggled, there would have been some continuity. Now, Niners are back to square one. That's what so frustrating about Jed wasting a year, really two years (including Harbaugh's last year).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I found on the internet he can leave. its hard to find the exact language of his contract.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I found on the internet he can leave. its hard to find the exact language of his contract.

He probably can leave, but not for the Niners. That ship has sailed a long long long time ago.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance in Hell he is our New Coach. If baalke and york didnt like harbaugh personality no way they would like Chip. he is worse then Harbaugh.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we all could dream. How's your new year Patterson? My vacation ends this week.
Mine is okay. No vacation though except xmas and new years. Sux having to go bck to work after being on vacation

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is okay. No vacation though except xmas and new years. Sux having to go bck to work after being on vacation

I'm dreading this Monday. It's been such a relaxing vacation. Playing a little golf with my kids and them kicking my butt.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance in Hell he is our New Coach. If baalke and york didnt like harbaugh personality no way they would like Chip. he is worse then Harbaugh.

I'm saying my prayers right now. I don't like what happened in Philadelphia.