• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it is right now, it looks as if the new target is Hue Jackson. I'll take it....I guess. Prefer to have Gase...maybe even Chud before Hue...but it could be worse. Another problem is that despite the nonsense that just happened in Tampa Bay, (even though I don't think Lovie Smith is a good HC) they are probably a more desirable place than SF for a HC so that puts us further down a notch.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Lovie Smith is available.
I thought Lovie did a good job at TB with that team and a rookie HC. Had to be something else. Im guessing front office and Lovie had issues.

With that said I don't want Lovie.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it is right now, it looks as if the new target is Hue Jackson. I'll take it....I guess. Prefer to have Gase...maybe even Chud before Hue...but it could be worse. Another problem is that despite the nonsense that just happened in Tampa Bay, (even though I don't think Lovie Smith is a good HC) they are probably a more desirable place than SF for a HC so that puts us further down a notch.
Yes I would take Jackson. What I like about him is that he is a offensive minded coach and I think he would be able to bring some good coaches with him because he is very respected in the NFL. Thats why a lot of people were pissed when Oakland did him dirty. Went 8-8 with no one on that team and got fired for nothing.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont think Gase wants to come here because I bet you if he lands a job he is bringing Fangio with him and no way Fangio would come back here.

Can he even bring Fangio with him? Lateral moves when you are under contract aren't allowed and I think that Fangio is under contract. Gase can move up to be a HC, but Fangio cannot move unless it's higher than DC.

As always, correct me if I'm wrong.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he even bring Fangio with him? Lateral moves when you are under contract aren't allowed and I think that Fangio is under contract. Gase can move up to be a HC, but Fangio cannot move unless it's higher than DC.

If he brings him in to be his asst HC/DC

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hire him as Assistant Head Coach for cheap (DC pay) and the demote him to DC, letting him keep his pay. ;)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hire him as Assistant Head Coach for cheap (DC pay) and the demote him to DC, letting him keep his pay. ;)

LOL, I am sure it is in his contract and the asst head coach angle won't work. I am sure it is spelled out in the contract the promotion to HC. I guarantee someone would have already tried that if it wasn't spelled out in the cotract

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could just pony up 10m+ per year and land Saban after he wins another National Title on Monday, but we all know York is WAY to cheap to go after the big fish. At least he's not going for minnows like Tomsula.... yet.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a great Calvin and Hobbes strip (they're all pretty great, actually) where Calvin is playing in a sandbox and imagining a plane crash, train derailment, earthquake and gas explosion all happening at once.

This has the same sort of potential.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio can leave for any kind of promotion. Asst HC would be a promotion.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a great Calvin and Hobbes strip (they're all pretty great, actually) where Calvin is playing in a sandbox and imagining a plane crash, train derailment, earthquake and gas explosion all happening at once.

This has the same sort of potential.

No truer words could have been spoken

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio can leave for any kind of promotion. Asst HC would be a promotion.

True, and then we could just have him do all the DC duties, unabashed.