• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way 49ers win another coaching battle. Last time we were in a coaching battle it was for Harbaugh and he was either picking us and Miami.

Lets hope we land this one

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we land the right guy. Payton would be a home run, Jackson would be ok.
A lot of arrows point to Payton coming to SF. i think the only thing holding it back is the 2nd rd pick and if Baalke will give some power to Payton. Payton wants to be by his daughter he is from San Mateo, proven head coach, offensive minded coach, and a coach that knows QBs. He fits everything the 49ers are looking for. He is a good leader and was a big part of helping that area out when Katrina hit.

Payton is having a press conference at 11:00AM. Might find out whether his intentions are to stick in NO or leave

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami: Jed York and Trent Baalke nowhere to be found when Jim Tomsula's firing is announced

Kawakami brings up several good points. After the Harbaugh debacle and the dumb move of hiring Tomsula last year, is there a potential candidate who wants to be a part of this organization? Jed an Trent were no where to be seen yesterday. These two are both cowards. Maybe the new head coach will have more say on personnel especially on the offensive side. Potential candidates are going to be leery about how this front office is so dysfunctional.

I agree. A couple of cowards unwilling to face the consequences of their actions.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. A couple of cowards unwilling to face the consequences of their actions.
I think it would be the opposite. The next Head coach can take advantage of the situation. 49ers know they screwed up and now might have to pay a high dollar to fix it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we dont land Payton we have to land Jackson. The good news browns are a worse mess then us. LOL I just dont see Payton leaving if he is having a press conference at the saints facility. I think he wanted the colts job and the talks broke down so he decided to stay. Im just shocked he isnt all over the Giants position.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we dont land Payton we have to land Jackson. The good news browns are a worse mess then us. LOL I just dont see Payton leaving if he is having a press conference at the saints facility. I think he wanted the colts job and the talks broke down so he decided to stay. Im just shocked he isnt all over the Giants position.

DePodesta (Jonah Hill Moneyball Character) just got a job in the Browns FO. Maybe we can trade Marathe's analytics dept for a late round pick :)

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gase is highly sought after but what about McDaniels? Haven't seen his name come up in discussion. He did have that stint in Den but time have changed. Maybe it would be different a 2nd time around.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take mcDaniels. Payton is off the list.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 3 would be Gase, Jackson, McDaniels now that Payton is off the list.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 3 would be Gase, Jackson, McDaniels now that Payton is off the list.

I'd say Gase isn't going to happen. He is having 2nd interviews with another team. He isn't even on the 49ers radar. Gase probably isn't interested after what happened last year.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that ends that.....Payton was by far the best option that SF could've hoped for. Time to move on...

Gase would top my list right now, but we pretty much all know the supposed story from last year. He interviewed with Cleveland, so I guess there is a chance he gives SF a second opportunity. Hue Jackson wouldn't be bad, and I hear an interview has been set up with him. A guy few are talking about, and I'd be very much open to, would be Rob Chudzinski - dude got a raw deal in Cleveland.

I really don't want either Holmgren or Shanahan, but....if it's between either those guys or Anthony Lynn or Teryl Austin.....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that ends that.....Payton was by far the best option that SF could've hoped for. Time to move on...

Gase would top my list right now, but we pretty much all know the supposed story from last year. He interviewed with Cleveland, so I guess there is a chance he gives SF a second opportunity. Hue Jackson wouldn't be bad, and I hear an interview has been set up with him. A guy few are talking about, and I'd be very much open to, would be Rob Chudzinski - dude got a raw deal in Cleveland.

I really don't want either Holmgren or Shanahan, but....if it's between either those guys or Anthony Lynn or Teryl Austin.....

I am with you here. Unfortunately Gase doesn't appear an option probably because of what happened last year he isn't interested. Hue Jackson is interviewing Sunday. My preference is a younger guy, but I've always liked Shanahan in the past. Shanahan has gotten into trouble when given GM duties. The 49ers wanted to interview Chudzinski for OC last year but were turned down. I don't know anything about him. I'll have to read up on him

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Gase isn't going to happen. He is having 2nd interviews with another team. He isn't even on the 49ers radar.

Gase is not going to waste his time with the Niners. He's scheduled to have a 2nd interview with the Eagles.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting small blurb I came across this morning from Maicco.

The story from last year which Kawakami likes to repeat is that Baalke had a deal in place with Gase to be HC but the deal fell through when Tomsula as DC was forced on Gase.

Matt Maiocco stated today from a source that Gase actually wanted the job last year but the 49er FO didn't feel Gase was ready for the gig. Crazy seeing who they then hired for HC

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting small blurb I came across this morning from Maicco.

The story from last year which Kawakami likes to repeat is that Baalke had a deal in place with Gase to be HC but the deal fell through when Tomsula as DC was forced on Gase.

Matt Maiocco stated today from a source that Gase actually wanted the job last year but the 49er FO didn't feel Gase was ready for the gig. Crazy seeing who they then hired for HC

That is crazy! Then they hired Tomsula. If this is true and accurate, then Jed and Baalke are clueless.