• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be very curious to see what they do at QB. Kaepernick's injuries might force their hand, and obviously Gabbert is not the answer. Drafting at 7, and with Baalke in charge of personnel (until proven otherwise), I don't see us with an improved option next year.

Problem is only Goff looks worthy of the 7th pick. None of the other QBs look worthy of a even a 1st. Lynch to me is too much of a reach in the 1st round.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is only Goff looks worthy of the 7th pick. None of the other QBs look worthy of a even a 1st. Lynch to me is too much of a reach in the 1st round.
I agree, Even Geoff scares me but I can at least see he has potential. If Geoff is off the board I wouldn't mind taking a QB in the 2nd rd.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Kelly for sure. I am concerned about his judgement with personnel after what happened in Philly. Also it seems he has issues communicating/dealing with players. I also don't care for that offense he runs. I agree that he is better suited for college. I think he got an interview because he has is fairly close to Tom Gamble in our FO.

Agreed about Kelly. I wouldn't have interviewed him at all unless the reason I was doing so was as a smokescreen to get a divisional rival to try to hire him first. That offense is a trainwreck, and we don't have any pieces in place to run it. Our defense was bad enough last year without being on the field another 15 minutes a game, and I think we'd take a step backwards on D if Kelly were the coach.

Further emphasis on your point about his issues dealing with players are the comments of the guys he got rid of (besides LeSean McCoy's tirades). There was an article quoting DeSean Jackson about "karma comes back to bite you." It was lucid and well thought out. I can't imagine Chip Kelly ever being the right coach to guide an NFL franchise.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son just told me the 49ers are interviewing HJ tonight. Not sure if that is true

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its looking more and more like Jackson. Word is he already has a staff in mind. At DC he will bring in Vance Joseph and at OC he will bring Mike Solari. Solari should sound very familiar. he coached with the 49ers from 2008-2014. He was our OL coach. During that time we had one of the best Olines in football. Joseph is Cincy DB back coach. He also worked for the 49ers from 2006-2010.
everything is pointing to the 49ers. Again these are just rumors.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son just told me the 49ers are interviewing HJ tonight. Not sure if that is true
If that is the case I have a feeling this is our guy. Both parties are very interested.

now is anyone not happy with Jackson? He already got fired once as a HC(I think he did a good job at oakland).

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes brother,noted. Good luck with the game on Sunday.
Thanks Dark. We are missing a few big guns but the team has been playing well.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its looking more and more like Jackson. Word is he already has a staff in mind. At DC he will bring in Vance Joseph and at OC he will bring Mike Solari. Solari should sound very familiar. he coached with the 49ers from 2008-2014. He was our OL coach. During that time we had one of the best Olines in football. Joseph is Cincy DB back coach. He also worked for the 49ers from 2006-2010.
everything is pointing to the 49ers. Again these are just rumors.

I saw another article stating Joseph is likely headed to Miami with Gase.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case I have a feeling this is our guy. Both parties are very interested.

now is anyone not happy with Jackson? He already got fired once as a HC(I think he did a good job at oakland).
I'm not thrilled with it, but I think he's one of the best on our list of candidates. His offense with far more weapons ranks behind Roman's offense (this year in Buffalo) in yards, and they score less than a FG more.

I will say this, I'm glad they're trying to find somebody who understands offense. Hopefully whoever they hire can slap some sense into Baalke when it comes to drafting that side of the ball.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you trade up in this draft for a QB?

Because we currently don't have one on the roster that I'd want to start next season with.

Those meaningless wins against Chicago and St. Louis almost guarantee we're going to struggle at QB next year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious ? for you 49er fans (a little off topic): Do you wish the team had kept Smith? Or was it time for him to leave? He's done well in KC.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Kelly for sure. I am concerned about his judgement with personnel after what happened in Philly. Also it seems he has issues communicating/dealing with players. I also don't care for that offense he runs. I agree that he is better suited for college. I think he got an interview because he has is fairly close to Tom Gamble in our FO.
I hope you are right about that interview.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about Kelly. I wouldn't have interviewed him at all unless the reason I was doing so was as a smokescreen to get a divisional rival to try to hire him first. That offense is a trainwreck, and we don't have any pieces in place to run it. Our defense was bad enough last year without being on the field another 15 minutes a game, and I think we'd take a step backwards on D if Kelly were the coach.

Further emphasis on your point about his issues dealing with players are the comments of the guys he got rid of (besides LeSean McCoy's tirades). There was an article quoting DeSean Jackson about "karma comes back to bite you." It was lucid and well thought out. I can't imagine Chip Kelly ever being the right coach to guide an NFL franchise.
Yep!:thumb:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious ? for you 49er fans (a little off topic): Do you wish the team had kept Smith? Or was it time for him to leave? He's done well in KC.

I haven't watched him in KC this year. Was apparent in SF he was a good QB but was never going to be a real franchise QB. Tendency to check down too much. Wouldn't throw receivers open and was afraid to throw into tight windows.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the worst by far but his 'dirt bombs' got frustrating. IMO he is a much better QB than Kap ever will be overall.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the worst by far but his 'dirt bombs' got frustrating. IMO he is a much better QB than Kap ever will be overall.
Alex Smith so far two passes beyond 10 yards inaccurate. Overthrew a sure TD and on second second threw behind Maclin causing an interception killing a scoring drive. Houston just fumbled. Houston is trying really hard to give the game away.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Leave it to the 49ers to interview the OC for the Browns, the most pathetic offense in the NFL, for their HC position.