• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England Patriots Ongoing Thread

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all,

I just came from a forum called KFFL which was just bought out and may go away as a result. Maybe we can get some of their Patriots fans (and other "crazies") to land here.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to have you PatsFan2003
:suds:

...and by all means, invite your peeps. The SportsHoopla has absorbed several boards now.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys, I'll be watching the replay in a bit... Didn't see much scheming lots of blown plays .. I think once they work on it and the receivers run the right routes ie Brady's int.. It will get a lot smoother... Troubled over the amount of flags...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all,

I just came from a forum called KFFL which was just bought out and may go away as a result. Maybe we can get some of their Patriots fans (and other "crazies") to land here.

Welcome. :suds: Bring some friends.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. Is it just me or this happens whenever Peyton Manning gets embarrassed by another team?

No, it's not just you. It's truth. Welcome to the party.

:suds:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes welcome patsfan... Yes yes bring friends specially if they mare hot female types

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge argument about the calls being made. It all started will Bill Poulin in 2005 when the Patriots beat up the Colts WRs and lost the AFC Championship in a snowy Foxboro. The following year the NFL started cracking down on physical DBs. Peyton got his Superbowl Ring and it appeared that everyone was happy. The Seahawks showed a stiff defense and pushed the Denver WRs around in last year's Super Bowl and now it's starting all over.

Why don't they just cancel the season for the next 3 years and give Peyton his four rings and then he and all of his minnions will be happy because he finally has more rings than Brady.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I will agree Peyton does get his fair share of rules. Part of this being the NFL knows Manning is the biggest money maker of any player they have. Brady though has gotten his fair share of rules as well. You have the tuck rule that worked out in his favor. They also changed the rules on hitting the quarterback after Brady was injured week 1 against the Chiefs in 2008 I think. Pretty much stating you cannot hit the quarterback below the knees.

The NFL works to protect the moneymakers like that of Brady and Manning. These two alone I would bet bring in a billion dollars a year for the NFL so it makes sense to make sure they are on the field and being successful. Not saying it is right just saying when the NFL is a business and about making money then they are going to do things to protect such an investment. And look at the NFL right now and see that it is the most popular it has ever been even with all the rule changes.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I will agree Peyton does get his fair share of rules. Part of this being the NFL knows Manning is the biggest money maker of any player they have. Brady though has gotten his fair share of rules as well. You have the tuck rule that worked out in his favor. They also changed the rules on hitting the quarterback after Brady was injured week 1 against the Chiefs in 2008 I think. Pretty much stating you cannot hit the quarterback below the knees.

The NFL works to protect the moneymakers like that of Brady and Manning. These two alone I would bet bring in a billion dollars a year for the NFL so it makes sense to make sure they are on the field and being successful. Not saying it is right just saying when the NFL is a business and about making money then they are going to do things to protect such an investment. And look at the NFL right now and see that it is the most popular it has ever been even with all the rule changes.

This would be the Carson Palmer rule.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that but the incidental contact rule has been a Manning favorite for years.. That and the PI rules needs some re-working.

I just hate the heave it in the air and look for a 40 YD PI call.

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that the refs are calling every instance in pre-season to get used to the rule but will let up a bit once the season starts. Otherwise fans are in for games filled with 20+ penalties. Not exactly what the league wants.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that the refs are calling every instance in pre-season to get used to the rule but will let up a bit once the season starts. Otherwise fans are in for games filled with 20+ penalties. Not exactly what the league wants.

does anyone truly know what Goofdell wants, other than finding new and inventive ways to stuff the league pockets?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the classic FN photo of the Dark Lord, just for old times sake:

FNBillBelichick_zps9185bca2.png

Just when we put together a decent defense, particularly in the backfield, the refs are going to take it away from us.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is , afterall, a business.. :frusty:

so you're ok to require Super Bowl performers to pay to play? As someone already noted on this site, that's like inviting someone over to dinner and having them pay for the groceries. That's wrong!!