• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England Patriots Ongoing Thread

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you're ok to require Super Bowl performers to pay to play? As someone already noted on this site, that's like inviting someone over to dinner and having them pay for the groceries. That's wrong!!

Goofdell is demanding that they bring the groceries, and then he's charging them to use the table.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the term pay to play is not quite accurate in this situation. It is more the NFL wants a small cut of what they would make anyway because of rising sales to their records because of the exposure the NFL gives them. This is essentially like saying they are the agent and wanting that 10% of what they helped them get. I don't like it but it is not like the performer is going broke from this. They are making millions of dollars from the exposure the Super Bowl gives them to just go and perform for 12 minutes. I think I would be willing to give somebody a little of the cut if I could make millions of dollars just doing 12 minutes of work.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the classic FN photo of the Dark Lord, just for old times sake:

FNBillBelichick_zps9185bca2.png

Just when we put together a decent defense, particularly in the backfield, the refs are going to take it away from us.

thanks for the memories DD. :lol::10:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goofdell is demanding that they bring the groceries, and then he's charging them to use the table.

what's he going to go after next..charge the PP&K participants to fork over a fee to get into the stadium?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the classic FN photo of the Dark Lord, just for old times sake:

FNBillBelichick_zps9185bca2.png

Just when we put together a decent defense, particularly in the backfield, the refs are going to take it away from us.

Definitely but I'm still hoping they'll loosen it up as the season progresses. Particularly if the 1st few weeks are as bad as the pre-season has been.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you're ok to require Super Bowl performers to pay to play? As someone already noted on this site, that's like inviting someone over to dinner and having them pay for the groceries. That's wrong!!

I'd be fine with cheerleaders and marching bands during half-time. I don't watch it anyways.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DRIPPING WITH HEAVY SARCASIM.. HENCE THE ME HITTING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL.. ITS COMPLETELY REDICULUS... IF THATS THE WAY GOODELL WANTS IT.. THEN HE SHOULD PAY TO BE THE COMMISH...

SORRY FOR THE CAPS.. IM AT WORK..

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DRIPPING WITH HEAVY SARCASIM.. HENCE THE ME HITTING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL.. ITS COMPLETELY REDICULUS... IF THATS THE WAY GOODELL WANTS IT.. THEN HE SHOULD PAY TO BE THE COMMISH...

SORRY FOR THE CAPS.. IM AT WORK..

sometimes it's hard to tell.:L

Goofdell needs to go, regardless!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're considering making the Super Bowl Pay per View.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't imagine the advertisers would go along with that. Advertisers are what lines the leagues pocket and if it's pay per view, I don't think they would pull the numbers they are accustomed to seeing and advertisers wouldn't be willing to shell out the kind of money they have been for lower viewership. That damn squirrel in Goofdell heads needs to GTFO!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to see the source for this...They had a discussion about this back in 2010 with some issues with FCC regulations but nothing since then that I can find.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd still do well via pay per view but not even close to the astronomic numbers they get for a free Superbowl.

Given the fact nothing comes cheap when the league wants to charge for anything, you would probably have to pay a steep premium to get the game and if your team is not playing in the game, I think a lot of people would be hesitant to pay. If this did occur you can bet the other networks would ramp up their scheduling that day instead of just broadcasting filler crap like they pretty much do now.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the fact nothing comes cheap when the league wants to charge for anything, you would probably have to pay a steep premium to get the game and if your team is not playing in the game, I think a lot of people would be hesitant to pay. If this did occur you can bet the other networks would ramp up their scheduling that day instead of just broadcasting filler crap like they pretty much do now.

I know for myself it would have be something worth watching. It might mean I'd miss some great games like Arizona-Pittsburgh or maybe even last year but I'd live. For me Patriots Superbowls would likely still be carried locally in Massachusetts.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd still do well via pay per view but not even close to the astronomic numbers they get for a free Superbowl.

The Superbowl isn't free now. Most peoples TV bill is at least $50 a month. I know mine is just north of a $100.00.

I would never buy the Superbowl via pay-per-view. The NFL would get a big Fuck You from me.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Superbowl isn't free now. Most peoples TV bill is at least $50 a month. I know mine is just north of a $100.00.

I would never buy the Superbowl via pay-per-view. The NFL would get a big Fuck You from me.

Goofdell might think he gets a lot of hate mail now..if that ever happened he'd be inundated. What a shmuck!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd still get it for free on AFN. Forgive me for rubbing it in.....