• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England Patriots Ongoing Thread

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Superbowl isn't free now. Most peoples TV bill is at least $50 a month. I know mine is just north of a $100.00.

I would never buy the Superbowl via pay-per-view. The NFL would get a big Fuck You from me.

That's cable or something else? There is still the option to have a TV with just a digital box to pick up what's free on the air waves. It's not a great choice but it's still possible. One of our tv's not hooked to cable does that.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Superbowl isn't free now. Most peoples TV bill is at least $50 a month. I know mine is just north of a $100.00.

I would never buy the Superbowl via pay-per-view. The NFL would get a big Fuck You from me.

Thats a fact.

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, another KFFL refugee here....

Thought I'd introduce myself.

Not watching the game live tonight...will be watching the replay on NFLN 3 hours after kick off. Will discuss the game with yall tomorrow or sometime this weekend if I remember to :-).

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been busy this week...trying to get some front teeth replaced. Anyway, the subject of a Pay Per View Superbowl was indeed brought up at the owners meeting. The potential revenue vs it being televised as it is now. The game itself draws about $3M per 30 second commercial. The pre and post game shows draw nearly $1M for a 30 second commercial. The question is what could the league ask for a PPV game? On average they we looking at 1 billion households worldwide at $19.95 per.

They didn't vote but I think they'll be looking very closely at the actual TV audience worldwide and it won't be long before they start looking at the potential windfall if they do have a billion tv sets watching the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been busy this week...trying to get some front teeth replaced. Anyway, the subject of a Pay Per View Superbowl was indeed brought up at the owners meeting. The potential revenue vs it being televised as it is now. The game itself draws about $3M per 30 second commercial. The pre and post game shows draw nearly $1M for a 30 second commercial. The question is what could the league ask for a PPV game? On average they we looking at 1 billion households worldwide at $19.95 per.

They didn't vote but I think they'll be looking very closely at the actual TV audience worldwide and it won't be long before they start looking at the potential windfall if they do have a billion tv sets watching the game.

Again not that I don't believe you but would love to see a source. I am usually pretty darn good at finding these kind of things online and I cannot find a single article that has even hinted at this idea for many years.

Also your number of viewers is way off. 111.5 million viewers were watching the Super Bowl this past year. That is not even close to how many tvs were actually on the game as there is not a tv per person for the Super Bowl. So have to think maybe half of that so around 55 million actual tv sets watching the Super Bowl at most.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah when it's free. Do those guys really think the world wide audience is going to watch the game for $20 bucks a pop? They won't get the same viewership in the US either.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will lose more in advertising money than they gain in PPV. It won't happen.

Welcome newbies:Patsfan and Hyped

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will lose more in advertising money than they gain in PPV. It won't happen.

Welcome newbies:Patsfan and Hyped

There's no rule that says they can't have ads and do PPV, is there?

Still, the ad revenue is computed based on TV ratings. Fewer viewers = fewer dollars. Put it on PPV and everyone says Fuck You and goes and watches figure skating with their wives.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patriots-camp-football.jpg

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game thoughts/comments:

- Kelvin Benjamin might be a gem in PPR fantasy leagues this year.

- Brady is in mid-season form.

- Chandler Jones looked awesome and if he plays like that all year....I think the sack record is within reach. Yeah, I know...I know...he was going up a converted RT and it was only the pre-season.

- Collins looks to be in mid-season form too.

- I liked the "5-2" look last night. Wonder why Hightower didn't play.

- Mayo was confirmed to be injured, but seems OK...keep him out...we know what he can do!

- Butler continues to be in the right places at the right times.

- Tavon Wilson is still valuable on ST's. And had a good tackle in the backfield too.

- Not sure who our center will be....a part of me is thinking a trade is imminent...so many teams need OL-men. We could flip Wendell for a 6th round pick or something....

- We are gonna cut a lot of good players...hope we see most of them back on the PS.

- Devey at RG? Who is gonna play RG anyway? Looks like Cannon is locked in as the swing tackle...and Solder, Mankins, and Vollmer are locked in too....the rest? I got no idea....

- Not sure Will Smith makes the cut.

- Beauharnias had a much better game this time around.

- That was a nice long kick!

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Mayo and Hightower to that team we saw last night and QB's beware.

I agree I don't think Will Smith makes this team, too much young talent.

BoSox Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fun offense to watch.

Bill has some tuff cuts to make.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do the first wave of cuts start? Not going to be easy at all.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game but from what I read, things are looking awesome.

BoSox Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think, are they going with 3 QBs?

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would cut Mallett for the roster spot but that's why I am not a head coach in the NFL.

The defense looked outstanding the offense looked good once they got going.