• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New England Patriots Ongoing Thread

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think we gotta keep 3 QB's this year. I don't like it, but we need to be ready with the next man up.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL teams must trim rosters down to 75 players by Tuesday and 53 by Saturday.

Having watched Belichick for the past 15 years, you know he'll cut the roster to somewhere between 65-75. He said after the game Friday night that he always cuts players who he knows are not going to be on the Patriots but deserve a chance to sign with other teams. Most teams don't make their final cut to 53 and then sign a player and cut the 53rd player to make the squad.....usually if this is done a youngster gets cut for a veteran and the kid gets scooped up almost immediately for another teams practice squad.

The cuts get really difficult once the roster is around 60-63. You hate to make the cuts and can only hope that those guys make it through to be signed to the practice squad of your own team.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have bigger rosters. Too many guys get injured and need to be replaced. The bigger Taxi Squad helps, but having a few more guys you can put in late in the game keeps them game-ready.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have bigger rosters. Too many guys get injured and need to be replaced. The bigger Taxi Squad helps, but having a few more guys you can put in late in the game keeps them game-ready.

Double edged sword. More guys, equals more expendability, or higher risks taken.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double edged sword. More guys, equals more expendability, or higher risks taken.

I don't see that at all. I don't think Debbie is talking about expanding it to like 70. More like 58-60.

Hyped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-I am happy we scooped up Gaffney before we cut Jemea Thomas. If we can't get Jemea back...at least we didn't burn a 6th unnecessarily.

-With Garo playing tomorrow....I think we're gonna make some calls and shop Mallett around. At this point, I'll take a 4th round pick for Mallett or a player that can help us (linebacker depth?).

-I wonder what kind of OL we will put out there with Garo tomorrow...will it be our starting line up? Or will BB rest guys like Solder & Sebass?

-I also want to see something from Boyce tomorrow. I don't want us to cut him...really like his explosiveness....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-I am happy we scooped up Gaffney before we cut Jemea Thomas. If we can't get Jemea back...at least we didn't burn a 6th unnecessarily.

-With Garo playing tomorrow....I think we're gonna make some calls and shop Mallett around. At this point, I'll take a 4th round pick for Mallett or a player that can help us (linebacker depth?).

-I wonder what kind of OL we will put out there with Garo tomorrow...will it be our starting line up? Or will BB rest guys like Solder & Sebass?

-I also want to see something from Boyce tomorrow. I don't want us to cut him...really like his explosiveness....

I'm feeling less sure we'll get anything for Mallet. Ultimately teams may think he'll be released so why offer up anything? :noidea:

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyped;5428102-I also want to see something from Boyce tomorrow. I don't want us to cut him...really like his explosiveness....[/QUOTE said:
I dont see any teams offering anything for Mallett.

I believe Boyce is GONE!

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see any teams offering anything for Mallett.

I believe Boyce is GONE!

If that's the case.....The Pats should give Cleavland a call. The Browns need WR's. Try to get something for him.

But I think Boyce makes the team...at least for the first 4 weeks.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case.....The Pats should give Cleavland a call. The Browns need WR's. Try to get something for him.

But I think Boyce makes the team...at least for the first 4 weeks.

Agreed.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats had no leverage at this point with Mallet. He was passed by the kid on the depth chart and everyone knew it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brien wanted him, Bill Belichick needed to get rid of him......BB would have had to release him and he'd have gotten nothing when O'Brien claimed him off waivers. This is Bill O'Brien doing BB a favor and giving him a draft pick for a player who no longer had a place on the Patriots roster.