• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Disney Format

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember when BruteSentiment became the mod of the Mouse board?

If we invite people, what are the minimum standards? They must be pretty low, Cal invited me over here. :wave:

I checked in once today over there, and it is more of the same drivel. Wonder if it will improve with an actual game day thread. Then again, who am I kidding?

And the guys still have not let me live that one down...

Again, sorry guys. :(

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is going to sound like a compete bullshit suggestion, but why don't we just post a link there so anybody can come over here? As several of us have pointed out, there are always lurkers here, likely from the dumbass board, so some of them probably know about this place already. Filo can ban anybody who is being a dipshit over here. Most importantly, it would give all of us incentive to never go there again.

Thoughts?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to sound like a compete bullshit suggestion, but why don't we just post a link there so anybody can come over here? As several of us have pointed out, there are always lurkers here, likely from the dumbass board, so some of them probably know about this place already. Filo can ban anybody who is being a dipshit over here. Most importantly, it would give all of us incentive to never go there again.

Thoughts?

Good idea. I am surprised I did not think of it myself

:P

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Thoughts?

You are free do do what you want and many of you seem to enjoy messing with trolls enough that you likely would not change your posting habits of a few of them found their way over here. But I can tell you that the main reason I am here is because of the intelligent discussion and lack of moronic trolls.

If they find their way over here and do to this board what they have done to the ESPN boards and to the "other" Giants board (the runboard version) I will find my way out.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seem to be some thoughtful posters over there, though, and some decent dialogue. But, alas, you have to wade through the river of sewage to get there. No such problem here! Thanks, Filo!

No worries Stokesy you're a good dude in my book. And believe me, I just found this place.....YOU GUYS (every poster on here) is the reason why this board is so much fun to read. I'm just a blind squirrel who found an acorn. No need to thank me.

As for everybody wondering who and who not to invite. I say let the cards fall where they may and whoever ends up finding us will find us. IF you guys want, you're more than welcome to invite people (as this is not a dictatorship) here. That said, I think we just wait and see what happens. A lot of times we are (both in the real world in a business setting and here on message boards) so eager to see growth when a more steady approach is the more healthy business model. If they find us and they're cool, they're more than welcome. If they find us and are trolls, they'll be gone in no time.

EDIT: just my humble opinion of course. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are free do do what you want and many of you seem to enjoy messing with trolls enough that you likely would not change your posting habits of a few of them found their way over here. But I can tell you that the main reason I am here is because of the intelligent discussion and lack of moronic trolls.

If they find their way over here and do to this board what they have done to the ESPN boards and to the "other" Giants board (the runboard version) I will find my way out.

This is a valid argument against opening the doors. But at the same time, if we keep it to the dozen (or so) of us that are here now, this is SURE to die. We need to be able to infuse it with fresh posters if we want this to last.

We have more control here than we do at Disney, and I think one of the reasons GiantsBoard has died is because Monkey stopped moderating (he left completely, didnt he?) and a-holes like $9 and ASU run off any new posters.

As long as Filo and whomever else is assigned as a mod is on the ball with the boot, we should be fine.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the new Disney format, how can you tell if you've already read a thread or not?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's OK, Cal. Can't get rid of me now. I know the secret password, from my decoder ring, and I am paid in full with Filo. :party:

You got your decoder ring?!

Be-Sure-to-Drink-Your-Ovaltine

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do "open the doors", we all have to ease up a bit, as well. Not EVERYONE is a troll. Some people simply have a differing POV. We all know each other, and we are free to offer differing POVs, and even pantshat on occasion, but in each other's eyes, we have all earned that right. But we do not want to become RunBoard where anyone with less than 1000 posts is considered scum and unworthy of soiling our GDTs...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D

thx for the assist, I thought I overthrew the bag there but ya nabbed it

I was worried you were going to shoot your eye out, so I had to step in :)

HO... HO... HO...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do "open the doors", we all have to ease up a bit, as well. Not EVERYONE is a troll. Some people simply have a differing POV. We all know each other, and we are free to offer differing POVs, and even pantshat on occasion, but in each other's eyes, we have all earned that right. But we do not want to become RunBoard where anyone with less than 1000 posts is considered scum and unworthy of soiling our GDTs...

True dat. However, I think we're pretty tolerant of new voices, and lord knows you guys let me pantshat on occasion....

I don't think this will be a problem.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new format is SERIOUSLY flawed. I know they will tweak it in the next few days, but how could they have thought that product was ready for live?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new format is SERIOUSLY flawed. I know they will tweak it in the next few days, but how could they have thought that product was ready for live?

Yeah, that place has more bugs than actual functioning features. They must have outsourced the Web Development to a third world country. ESPN sucks so, so badly in every fiber of their being (and yes, I know they're ridiculously successful).

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that place has more bugs than actual functioning features. They must have outsourced the Web Development to a third world country. ESPN sucks so, so badly in every fiber of their being (and yes, I know they're ridiculously successful).

just checked out the 'new' boards to confirm the sucktitude.

The 'new' boards would have been new ten years ago.