• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Coach Rumors

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also learn to embed tweets u fucking noob

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tressel wouldn't tell that gossiping loudmouth anything substantial

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one here really believes Tressel would even be asked about the position, just fun mess around with the idea

I still believe the only people we're looking at have strong ties to the program and it's a pretty short list, we can all name them on 1 hand

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't have a problem with Mullen at all, previously, I just didn't even see him as an option, but after reading that, I actually think that would be worth a shot.

Didn't Mullen have an offer from Florida for 4 million and turned them down? Or was that Freeze?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tressel has been on campus more than once, toured our facilities, had nothing to do with being interested about becoming HC here. If it came from Ronnie Kelloggs yeah you can bet he's laughing his ass off right now at the folks on HM raving about it

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tressel has been on campus more than once, toured our facilities, had nothing to do with being interested about becoming HC here. If it came from Ronnie Kelloggs yeah you can bet he's laughing his ass off right now at the folks on HM raving about it

Ya that's what I originally thought

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the majority by thinking we need to bring in an experienced head coach but, I'm not so sure any more. What do (most) head coaches really do during the game? The OC and DC's call the plays and the position coaches do most of the in-game adjustments.

Maybe bringing in a smart coordinator who can recruit, teach, and has a great work ethic might be better than you think if he can bring along the very best coordinators that we can get.

I'm kind of thinking that Scott Frost will be coming back to Nebraska. I believe he was chosen a while ago and he wanted the best S&C program he can get and that is why Boyd Epley was brought back in. If he can land someone like Will Muschamp for the DC position and Philip Montgomery as OC, This would be a major step up from what we had the past 7 seasons.

A guy can dream can't he?

Nate

Mid-Major Defender
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guise, I was just told by someone who is a friend's of a friend's brother's cousin who said he has inside knowledge of everything. Apparently, Tom Osborne is coming out of retirement to coach the almighty Huskers!

Huskerz fer champz!

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but do you really trust Frost to find the best DC and OC? I just don't know if he has enough experience and has been around enough to get the right guy in. I mean how many experienced DCs and OCs want to come in and work for the young hotshot HC?

That's why i'd rather see a more experienced guy that has some contacts and some experience to find a good DC and OC. not to mention good experienced assistants. Look at the experience level Meyer was able to hire, can Frost get those kind of assistants?

also decision making, I want someone that has been in tough situations and made decisions, even if wrong decisions, at least he learned from those.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think the key in this search is finding someone that has coached at the FCS or non-power 5 level and gotten more out of lower star players. Bohl, Hudspeth, McElwain fit that to the best. I think even Mullen fits into that as his current players aren't any better than the ones we have. so if these guys can coach our 3 and 4 stars up a little, we will get where we want to be.

Bo wasn't able to do that, he was used to working with kids that were already 5 and 4 star and didn't need to coach them up. Similar reason I don't want Richt, that guy hasn't never coached at a low level, thus he won't be able to do any better than Bo.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of lower level schools with long win streaks. Or coaches doing more with less. I think this is Nebraska's opportunity to get on OSU's level and that of the SEC. I am hoping its Tressel and frost with a big name DC. I am of the fence about Muschamp but he would be able to learn from Tressel and frost as well as study the big ten. That would give him experience in 3 of the big 5.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think the key in this search is finding someone that has coached at the FCS or non-power 5 level and gotten more out of lower star players. Bohl, Hudspeth, McElwain fit that to the best. I think even Mullen fits into that as his current players aren't any better than the ones we have. so if these guys can coach our 3 and 4 stars up a little, we will get where we want to be.

Bo wasn't able to do that, he was used to working with kids that were already 5 and 4 star and didn't need to coach them up. Similar reason I don't want Richt, that guy hasn't never coached at a low level, thus he won't be able to do any better than Bo.

I'm with you on getting someone who's got experience at the non-power 5 level.

No particular order....

Jim McElwain - Colorado St
Mark Hudspeth - ULL
Willie Fritz - Georgia Southern
Doc Holliday - Marshall
Justin Fuente- Memphis (Too soon?)
P.J Fleck - Western Michigan (Too soon?)

Top of my wish list is Gary Patterson (TCU) though.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schick is going to do the halftime of the Nebrasketball @ FSU game.

Says he's gonna talk to Kelly about Frost and Nebraska.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did hear that Florida might go after kelly