• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Coach Rumors

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Frost bio:

Born with a 21 inch penis, Scott Frost led Nebraska to a Natty in 1997, sending the legendary Tom Osborne out on the ultimate high note.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Frost is the selection, I sure hope he surrounds himself with great assistant coaches.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided I'd be happy with Frost. But none of this 7 years to show us what you got. 3 years or GTFO.

My list though

Patterson (Will he move? That's been home for a very long time.)
Mullen (don't think he would move)
Frost
McElwain
Hudspeth

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't want Mullen. He thrives because of the JUCO qualifier rules in Mississippi that allows any student to go to one year of community college and automatically qualify for admission into a Mississippi university. UNL has higher standards.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My belief is that Frost is already our head coach and they're just giving it some time so that it doesn't create a distraction for the players there while they prepare to win the PAC 12 Championship.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. Seems a bit of a risky hire for your AD though. I know Bo wasn't well liked here but I don't think the entire Husker fan base hated him. Trading a perennial 9 win coach for an unknown commodity is ballsy.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Don't know if or how many of your list is through for their seasons (sans bowl games)....if they are, I would expect an announcement sooner than later. TCU on the other hand still has one regular season game left. If there is no announcement by this weekend, Patterson starts to look real good.

Eichorst I would think will almost have to hit a home run to quiet the naysayers. While others like Mullen might be the "home run", I believe Patterson would like the challenge plus for him it would be a step up. Big time school, great facilities, 90000 nutso fans every home game, and a school that will give him more money than what TCU could ever afford--not only for his salary, his assistants and monies he might deem necessary to spend on the facilities. Yeah I know I'm still dreamin'.

GBR
I have a picture of myself (in a Husker T) standing in Patterson's office holding his Rose Bowl trophy... I am a prophet.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oak thanks for the long post on some thoughts from Frost. Reading it makes me have more respect for the guy and that maybe he would be able to surround himself with the right assistants. That's my biggest concern with Frost is that we will have the same learning period we had with Bo.

How would you guys feel about Frost at HC and Gill at OC? he spoke pretty highly of both Gill and Ron Brown in that post and so he'd definitely keep Brown around. He then would need to get a great DC, Muschamp maybe.

at one time didn't we all want Gill as HC?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided I'd be happy with Frost. But none of this 7 years to show us what you got. 3 years or GTFO.

My list though

Patterson (Will he move? That's been home for a very long time.)
Mullen (don't think he would move)
Frost
McElwain
Hudspeth

So not even long enough to purge Bo's recruits from the program? Seems legit.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom, as Nebraska fan with deep Omaha roots, your avi made me both smile and nauseous. :suds:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom, as Nebraska fan with deep Omaha roots, your avi made me both smile and nauseous. :suds:

2c7b084dbf2b2c6d8bd34ef3ddc5b2726e231388a78b27edf7e6e5160111f98f.jpg

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a picture of myself (in a Husker T) standing in Patterson's office holding his Rose Bowl trophy... I am a prophet.
-------
I find it a bit ironic. Many here want a coach with ties to Nebraska. I want a coach with proven ties to winning. I truly don't get that Nebraska tie obsession because it only served us well with TO. I also want a proven coach that can take lesser talent and coach them to play above that lesser talent. Patterson fits the bill.

What has someone like Frost done to prove he can handle the job? The offensive system he took over was already in place. And yet everyone thinks not only he's a great OC but he's ready to take over a program like Nebraska. But it's one thing to fall into a job where there was a great offense and a completely another to build & create an offense--which he has not done--much less run a whole program.

Personality wise, I have nothing agaist Frost OR Patterson, but as long as we are playing the "what if" game for hiring, Patterson makes far more sense.

GBR

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I find it a bit ironic. Many here want a coach with ties to Nebraska. I want a coach with proven ties to winning. I truly don't get that Nebraska tie obsession because it only served us well with TO. I also want a proven coach that can take lesser talent and coach them to play above that lesser talent. Patterson fits the bill.

What has someone like Frost done to prove he can handle the job? The offensive system he took over was already in place. And yet everyone thinks not only he's a great OC but he's ready to take over a program like Nebraska. But it's one thing to fall into a job where there was a great offense and a completely another to build & create an offense--which he has not done--much less run a whole program.

Personality wise, I have nothing agaist Frost OR Patterson, but as long as we are playing the "what if" game for hiring, Patterson makes far more sense.

GBR

i think people are worried the same thing will happen as with Steve/Cally about pictures off the walls and less access for former players

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom, as a Nebraska fan your avi made me spew my lunch all over my lap at work, and now everyone is staring at me.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see y'all throwin Patterson's name out there

RUMOR!!: the rumor is he won't leave TCU because his daughter has some autoimmune disease (lupus i think? something like that) and Dallas/FW has the best hospital for that specific disease in the country